This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Flows

[POSITIVE] Flows that work!

brinkiebrinkie Member
edited April 2018 in Ideas & Suggestions

In this topic I'd like us to share nice, funny or interesting flows that work today. I'll start myself with one that (at least in my household) was absolutely essential, if it we're only to convince the Mrs. we absolutely needed a Homey :)

What have you come up with sofar?

(for foreigners, GTST is a daily soap on RTL4 = Dutch TV)

Tagged:

Comments

• Hopefully is the time in the flow is not too much behind to the real Homey time.

• This one is working for me (have to use start because kodi is translated to call me most of the times and start seems to go okay most of the time)
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited February 2016

This one is working for me (have to use start because kodi is translated to call me most of the times and start seems to go okay most of the time)
    I use 'Watch a Movie' as name of the activity.
    For my flow, I use 2 logic cards, 1 with 'watch' and 2 with 'movie'.
    Works perfectly :smile: 

[edit]
    I mean 1 with 'watch' and 1 with 'movie' of course :)
  • Fire69 said:
    Works perfectly :)
    Interesting approach! I'll definately give that a try :)
  • brinkie said:
    Fire69 said:
    Works perfectly :)
    Interesting approach! I'll definately give that a try :)
    I first just had 1 card with 'watch movie', but found it a little limiting. You had to say the exact phrase. 
    Now I can say 'watch movie' or 'i want to watch a movie' or whatever combination :smile: 
    Same for radio, ps4, tv,...  Much nicer this way  B)
  • Fire69 said:
    I first just had 1 card with 'watch movie', but found it a little limiting. You had to say the exact phrase. 
    Now I can say 'watch movie' or 'i want to watch a movie' or whatever combination :smile: 
    Same for radio, ps4, tv,...  Much nicer this way  B)
    Yes, that's also recommended way for apps. To have multiple short triggers and act accordingly.
  • Would love to see some more flows people created. It is inspiring waiting for the delivery of my pre-order. It shows me possibilities and ideas for the use of Homey and witch hardware (Z-wave - KaKu) to buy.
  • How about this;

Each weekday I set boolean 'askformusic' to 'true'.

If I come home (after 15:00) and movement is detected (I use a Fibaro motion sensor for that), and 'askformusic' is still true, it will ask me if I want to listen to music.
    If I confirm this, it will turn on my Onkyo receiver, select the tuner with a 'dimmed' volume.

(I have a third flow that sets 'askformusic' to false with a 1 minute delay if movement is detected after 15:00 without any conditions, because if I say 'no' to Homey it will not set 'askformusic' to 'false' and so it will keep on asking every time it detects movement).

Actually this flow doesn't 100% work yet because Homey doesn't listen to the confirmation yet  (https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/358) but that will be fixed in 0.8.25
  • Exactly what I meant. Love the way you use the different opportunities in the flow manager. Am curious about what smart flows others have thought of.
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    My music in the bathroom starts playing when my shower's water touches the Fibaro water sensor, and stops automatically as well <3
  • jordenjorden Member
    edited March 2016
    Awesome <3 Gotta get me one of those. But I think the distance of the Fibaro water sensor to Homey is probably too far.
    Will have to include a wallplug to extend the signal.
  • Emile said:
    My music in the bathroom starts playing when my shower's water touches the Fibaro water sensor, and stops automatically as well <3
    How about my motion sensors in two bathrooms triggering music being played from 2 different Sonos groups in those bathrooms seperately, is that already possible?  Or should I have more patience?  :smile: 

I do have more patience, though it would be nice to cross of my comparison list. I'm using Homey, Vera Edge and Fibaro HC2 next to eachother at the moment as an experiment.
  • i am looking for something like this:  returning from work and its evening my light in the garage should turn.

conditions are:
    my system should be in Away mode (Home, Away, Night, Vacation - vera modes)
    it should be night
    only trigger when my lux sensor has a value of x

optional:
    combination with geofencing
    locating phone1 or phone2 and sending a message to phone x, depending on which phone entered the geofence area
    but only when no phone is in the geofence area.
  • Now it's only possible to start al flow with 1 trigger. It woud be nice to have more thans 1. Like a button  from a Wall switch  and aan button from a remote. Now in have tot make 2 flows.
  • martinudo said:
    Now it's only possible to start al flow with 1 trigger. It woud be nice to have more thans 1. Like a button  from a Wall switch  and aan button from a remote. Now in have tot make 2 flows.

That's supported on the next better logic release. Trigger on one of the specified values. Hope it helps. 

• thanks for the answers,  guess we have to wait for new logic release then...
  • I'm gonna link to another post here instead of duplicating it. I have created a flow that triggers around x minutes before sunset (this is currently not possible yet but will probably be supported natively by Homey in the future).

For now it uses the BetterLogic app v0.9.2 (which is currently not released in the app store yet). A flow sets a variable at sunset with that time + (one day minus x minutes). So this variable holds the time for the next sunset - minus x minutes. Another flow checks every minute when this moment has passed and can then trigger any action.
  • It's kinda quiet in here, I'm looking for inspiration for things I should do with my Homey :wink: 
  • RoelofRos said:
    thanks for the answers,  guess we have to wait for new logic release then...
    its there ;) Though, there is a bug with loosing data, you can play already with it.
  • DD Member
    Emile said:
    How have you setup the flood sensor? Mine keeps reporting water long after I stopped showering, which is a bit annoying :)
  • A flow I created earlier today to let Homey ask me if I want to put on the lights at sunset. Worked perfectly :smile: 

• Also pretty handy, let Homey mute the receiver after the "Ok Homey" trigger, and unmute it when I finished talking:

• Reminder flow to remind me that I should put the carbage on the road side, and also which container it should be:

• I Like this topic (now I have my own Homey)! I think this is one of the most usefull flows at the moment:

• PeaoPeao Member
    The first days with my homey i had a similar Flow, instead of let homey say it.i recieved a push notification on my cellphone.
    It helped a lot and was easier as going to speech-Input everytime.
  • Lets share some more useful flows!

This is working fine for me, makes Homey quiet while watching a movie and starts listing when I want to.
    Hopefully this flows can be deleted when the voice recognition is more stable.

• I just made a flow using the IFTTT app without actually using IFTTT.

When we receive a phonecall at the office (via our IVR system using VOIP), the phonecall is already passed through to our systems (so before a user gets through the menu, we already know who is calling, if it is a known number in our clients database). Now we also post to a webhook and using the IFTTT app, Homey announces 'Incoming call' (am going to replace it with a sound soon).
  • RikPost said:
    Lets share some more useful flows!

This is working fine for me, makes Homey quiet while watching a movie and starts listing when I want to.
    Hopefully this flows can be deleted when the voice recognition is more stable.

What do you use to send the get request?
  • RikPostRikPost Member
    edited April 2016
    http://<ip-adress Homey>/api/app/com.internet/micaan (or something else of course) 

You have to download the HTTP app and it only works when you are connected at the same network.
    I've installed Home Remote on my Iphone to send these request from the 'home' screen when you swipe down.
  • RikPost said:
    http://<ip-adress Homey>/api/app/com.internet/micaan (or something else of course) 

You have to download the HTTP app and it only works when you are connected at the same network.
    I've installed Home Remote on my Iphone to send these request from the 'home' screen when you swipe down.
    Thanks, i like this option till the iphone app is released. 

Is there some aditional information for this option because it does not work?

Do i have to add some information in the post/put section for example?

Thank you