This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Flows

[POSITIVE] Flows that work!

Comments

• AppieAppie Member
    Just use "mute" and " un-mute". 
    Brilliant in al its simplicity! Used the Mute Group and Unmute Group with a delay of 5 seconds with trigger Homey starts listening.

All logical issues solved! Asking homey to stop the music stops the music, when there is no music and you want to trigger something else, Homey doesn't start the music. 
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited April 2017
    Because the Android App and presence isn't working that great I'm started to use Geo-fence in combination with Tasker for android

First of all i'm not a expert in Tasker and managed to get thinks working with some trial and error

What to install:
    1. Http request App --> Homey
    2. Tasker --> Android APP
    3. Autolocation( tasker) --> Android APP(1,19 euro for licence)
    After installation I configured Autolocation on the phone:
    1. Open Autolocation App on phone

2. Select Manage Geofence
    3. Press the + and choose your Geofence and Radius
      click on place in Map and Accept Geofence and Give it a Name like f.e. Home(thuis)
      If you are inside the Geofense then you see " Home -  inside"  and if not then you see Home - Outside
    4. If If Geofence Monitor is stopped then press  Start Monitor to start ( you see Geofence Monitor Started)

Now you have to configure Tasker by:
    1. Open Tasker
    2. Select Tab Profiles And select + ; select Event; select Plugin; select Autolocation; select Geofence
    3. select pencil to configure
    4. Select Geofence Name and select in the pop-up Home(thuis)
    5. Select Status and select in pop-up Inside and select the V to save
    6. Select the < to go back
    7. Select +  from New Task and give it an name f.e. Home (thuis) and select V to edit the TASK
    8. Select the + to Add an action by
    ADD the Actions in the following order:
    1. Select Location; Select Get Location 
      Select Source = GPS  and select Timeout 20 sec and go back to save
      ( My Mobile is not that accurate when it is in sleep mode and then I have an Offset in my location. This way my mobile wakes up when it thinks it is outside the Geo-fence and does check first the real location)
    2. Select + for new action; select Task; Select If and press the Card for adding a variable in the left field which looks like %algeofence; select the equal and chage it to Matches Regex; select right field type Home(thuis)
    3. Select the Plus and do the same point 3 but in the left field you have to select %alstatus and right field you type Inside--> don't forget to change the Equal as above.
    4. Select < to save
    5. Select + for new Action; select Net; Select HTTP Get; and add https://Athom_Cloud_ID.homey.athom.com/api/app/com.internet/thuis (home)

https link at Server:Port; and select < to save
    6. Select + to add a new action; select Task; select End If
    7. select < to save Actions :-)
    We now have the Geofence Inside configuration and the following steps are for the Outside Geofence configuration

configure Tasker again by:
    1. Open Tasker
    2. Select Tab Profiles And select + ; select Event; select Plugin; select Autolocation; select Geofence
    3. select pencil to configure
    4. Select Geofence Name and select in the pop-up Home(thuis)
    5. Select Status and select in pop-up Outside and select the V to save
    6. Select the < to go back
    7. Select +  from New Task and give it an name f.e. Away(onderweg) and select V to edit the TASK
    8. Select the + to Add an action by
    ADD the Actions in the following order:
    1. Select Location; Select Get Location
      Select Source = GPS  and select Timeout 20 sec and go back to save
      ( My Mobile is not that accurate when it is in sleep mode and then I have an Offset in my location. This way my mobile wakes up when it thinks it is outside the Geo-fence and does check first the real location)
    2. Select + for new action; select Task; Select If and press the Card for adding a variable in the left field which looks like %algeofence; select the equal and chage it to Matches Regex; select right field type Home(thuis)
    3. Select the Plus and do the same point 3 but in the left field you have to select %alstatus and right field you type Outside--> don't forget to change the Equal as above.
    4. Select < to save
    5. Select + for new Action; select Net; Select HTTP Get; and add https://Athom_Cloud_ID.homey.athom.com/api/app/com.internet/away (onderweg)

https link at Server:Port; and select < to save
    6. Select + to add a new action; select Task; select End If
    7. select < to save Actions :-)

We now have the configuration Inside- and Outside- geofence ready in Tasker
    The last thing we have to do is to make some Cards with Http request App in Homey like:

I'm sure that some steps above can combined but for now, I have for me the best Geo-fence solution.
    With this Geo-fence solution you can also add multiply Geo-fence locations , such as WORK, School etc....

Have fun.

• YannickYannick Member
    edited April 2017
    Cool tutorial! I'm just discovering Tasker and also created geofenced but then using the built-in tasker geofences without autolocation plugin. What is the advantage of using this plugin?
  • Nice! I use Tasker in combination with my wifi connection to determine if i'm home or not. Better for the battery :)
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited April 2017
    Yannick said:
    Cool tutorial! I'm just discovering Tasker and also created geofenced but then using the built-in tasker geofences without autolocation plugin. What is the advantage of using this plugin?I
    For the Geofence part i don't think there is a huge advantage....but there are some extra features which i didn't explore yet. like point of interest, more variables to play with, something with locations, calculations between locations, speed calculations .

you can explore autolocation for free for 1 week.

@dENNtoet I didn't notice any changes from my battery since I use Tasker
  • WRos said:
    I've an old receiver in the living room with an IR sensor. In the most of the time I have to switch this receiver on and off. Sometimes I want to control the volume. This evening I've made some Flow who are doing this. Now I could do volume control on my Smartphone. I want to share this, because I make this to difficult.

On the SmartPhone I wanna use a Slider for the volume control:

I've take some time to develop 4 Flow and use for the Flow 3 variabele:
    Flows:
    Variable:

The trick is When I change the "VolumeVersterker", the following Flow will count the volume step.
    Volume Changed Flow:

Now we know how many step the volume has to set up or down. (VolumeStap positive or negative) So the right Flow will start, Volume Up or Volume Down.  Each flow is a "For...While"-Loop and stops when the VolumeStap counter is zero.
    Volume Up:

Volume Down:

Relax and listen the music on the right volume. When the VolumeStap counter is Zero, the VolumeVersterker en VolumeVersterkerMemory is set to 50 again:

Volume Control for IR remote is created right now! Very difficult and I think you could do this easier!
    I dare you!  :)

hi @WRos , tried out your flow , nice work with that . Just one question , after adjusting the volume , how can I get my Better Logic dimmer to refresh back to 50 ? The Variables are able to reset fine with no problem , I just cant get my Dimmer slider to refresh back to 50 .
  • WRosWRos Member
    @melvin86k it's not a real sexy flow. Most of the time I use the volume regulator of a media player I have. Some time I need to change the volume of the receiver.

When changing the volume of the receiver, I swipe the slider to left or right, and afterwards set it back to the middle position.
    The flow to reset the variable to 50 again is just for the next calculation.
  • DaviedDavied Member
    @mwolfs yes it is possible.

The Sonos action card to adjust volume allows for global tags to be added to the slider:

So if you would create a Better logic numerical value Sonos_volume with initial value of 0

and you could create the following flows:
    1. When push ON AND Sonos_volume < 1 THEN Sonos_volume = Sonos_volume+0.1 
    2. When push OFF AND Sonos_volume > 0.1 THEN Sonos_volume = Sonos_volume-0.1
    3. When value Sonos_volume changed  THEN Set Volume with Sonos_volume tag added

It should work...

Oddly enough when I press the down button it doesn't go down 0.1 exactly ... e.g. when the volume is at 4 and I press down the new volume is 0,30000000000000004. Sonos doesn't understand this number so the actual Sonos volume stays the same. Any idea what's going wrong?
  • Can u show us ur flows here?
    Make a screenshot of ur flows and upload?

• After having the better logic number variable u use this card?
  •  Can u also try 0 punt 1 instead of 0 komma 1?
  • DaviedDavied Member
     Can u also try 0 punt 1 instead of 0 komma 1?
    I did that but after saving and reloading it's back to commas ...
  • Now that's wyrd. I cannot even enter commas.
    Now quit ur Homey desktop app and try Chrome.
  • DaviedDavied Member
    Now that's wyrd. I cannot even enter commas.
    I have a chromebook ;-)
  • AppieAppie Member
    edited May 2017
    Davied said:
    I have a chromebook ;-)

Davied said:
    @Rocodamelshe See below:

I got the same problem! Just changed all my comma's again to dots (both in AND and THEN columns), after saving in both Chrome and the App, browsing to another flow and return to these flows (increment flows and decrement flows), all the dots are comma's again! And when at some point the volume variable is something with a lot of digits behind the comma/dot, I get error messages at my Sonos cards saying Error: invalid step.
  • Just created a little flow over here. If my wife wants my attention and is in the other end of the house (and I can't hear her ) see only needs to press a button on the homey app now to get my attention 

• MarcelKuijperMarcelKuijper Member
    edited July 2017
    Created a couple of flows for the light at the front door.

At sun set, and the light is out, turn it on and set it to 50% dim level

When its 22:30 set dim level to 20%

When some 1 presses the doorbell and the light is on (so it does not work during day time) start a timer set to 5 minutes

Timer sets the light to 70%

When the timer ends and the time is later then 22:30 set dim level to 20%; else set dim level to 50%

At sunrise it turns the light off.

This is to keep the front door lighted, preventing burglers to get to my door out of sight, and when some 1 presses the doorbell at night it will light up more to give that little extra so we can see who is it the door :)

• Nice flows! Would it not be better to switch the light on 20 minutes after sunset? And before sunrise? Just to save a bit of electricity.

Btw, what doorbell and light are you using?
  • Mathijs said:
    Nice flows! Would it not be better to switch the light on 20 minutes after sunset? And before sunrise? Just to save a bit of electricity.

Btw, what doorbell and light are you using?
    That would be possible, but its ok for now, i can always finetune it later.

At the moment i got a klik-aan klik-uit plug/dimmer for the light, going to change that later for z-wave.
    And i got my regular doorbell connected to my alarm system, so when some one presses it, it switches 2 outputs, 1 for the normal doorbell and 1 for a fibaro binairy sensor that way homey knows the doorbell was used.
  • Appie said:
    Davied said:
    I have a chromebook ;-)

Davied said:
    @Rocodamelshe See below:

I got the same problem! Just changed all my comma's again to dots (both in AND and THEN columns), after saving in both Chrome and the App, browsing to another flow and return to these flows (increment flows and decrement flows), all the dots are comma's again! And when at some point the volume variable is something with a lot of digits behind the comma/dot, I get error messages at my Sonos cards saying Error: invalid step.
    The top 2 flows work, I can see the variable changing but in the bottom flow the 'tag' doesn't pick up the volume variable. (I also see the comma vs dot thing, is that related?)

• Davied said:
    @mwolfs yes it is possible.

The Sonos action card to adjust volume allows for global tags to be added to the slider:

So if you would create a Better logic numerical value Sonos_volume with initial value of 0

and you could create the following flows:
    1. When push ON AND Sonos_volume < 1 THEN Sonos_volume = Sonos_volume+0.1 
    2. When push OFF AND Sonos_volume > 0.1 THEN Sonos_volume = Sonos_volume-0.1
    3. When value Sonos_volume changed  THEN Set Volume with Sonos_volume tag added

It should work...

Oddly enough when I press the down button it doesn't go down 0.1 exactly ... e.g. when the volume is at 4 and I press down the new volume is 0,30000000000000004. Sonos doesn't understand this number so the actual Sonos volume stays the same. Any idea what's going wrong?

if you round it using a mathjs expression before passing it to Sonos it works, it's a workaround but sofar it solves the 
    issue for me. (below the full syntax in the betterlogic card.

• It works! Thanks, @MarcelKleine !
  • Created this flow to know if someone was ringing my doorbell in my absence. It also gives you the date and time someone rang upon your arrival back home. It uses a boolean(did the bell ring, yes or no) and string (to store date and time) 

The variable to tell homey that I'm home is determined in another flow but is irrellevant in this case. 

• You got a reliable way to detect you being home? I never managed anything that really worked.
  • Mathijs said:
    You got a reliable way to detect you being home? I never managed anything that really worked.
    Try owntracks
  • StevosStevos Member
    edited August 2017
    Mathijs said:
    You got a reliable way to detect you being home? I never managed anything that really worked.
    Actually, I kinda did. It's not flawless, but the closest thing to though. It's a combination of smart presence, a dedicated IP from the router and variables being set upon arrival/departure. For me it works, but I can imagine this could not be the case for every user
  • And what if someone rings a second time? The variable will be overwritten and Homey only tells you the last one when you arrive.
  • Correct. It also sends push notifications to my phone as a "backup" so I rarely miss a ring
  • cbhcbh Member
    Hi,
    As I mentioned in another thread yesterday (https://forum.athom.com/post/quote/3565/Comment_56596), the problems I had were solved by re-installing apps everywhere - and it works like a charm now.
    I think deleting the devices at the "profile" was what did it, but can't promise anything of course :-)