This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Flows

[POSITIVE] Flows that work!

Comments

• WRosWRos Member
    A time ago I made for fun a Trivia quiz with Homey. I want to share this, also for fun. This work only with the English language settings in Homey.
    The triviant data is open on: https://opentdb.com/api_config.php with a json api.
    With the use of the "HTTP request flow card"-app you could retrieve a question with answer. Choice for True/False.

Thirst card field:  eg. https://opentdb.com/api.php?amount=1&type=boolean
    Second card field:
    • extract question: $.results.0.question 
    • extract answer: $.results.0.correct_answer
    Third card field: the Better Logic variable to store the question or answer.

In another flow you could let Homey ask the question and wait for a response:

Vraag om een specifiek antw-card: first field: TriviaQuestion;  Second field: TriviaAnswer.

Have fun!
  • BenMBenM Member
    I found out that this flow works beter for speaking-commands:

• jkoelemajkoelema Member
    edited August 2017
    This flow brings a smile on my face every time I use it.
    I have lights in my back garden, but I don't want to have them on when my curtains are closed. So I used double-side tape to stick a door sensor to the curtains. :)

Curtain open:

triggers the flow to switch on the lights, this only fires when the sun is down.

So when I close the curtains go out again. 

The lights go out:

The audio message is a confirmation because the sensor needs to be within 1,5 cm... not always the case. I will try it for a couple of weeks and let you know.

Of course the lights go on at sunset:

and if I leave the curtains open for some reason they go out at my general 'I go to bed' command... 
    Any feedback?
  • @jkoelema what if your curtains are for some reason closed before sunset.
    Your lights will turn on anyway with your automatic flow, if you put a check in the "and" collum in that flow to see if your curtains are closed or not it would be the way you want it to work.
  • @jkoelema what if your curtains are for some reason closed before sunset.
    Your lights will turn on anyway with your automatic flow, if you put a check in the "and" collum in that flow to see if your curtains are closed or not it would be the way you want it to work.
    thnx, I'll update the flow
  • christian1976christian1976 Member
    edited August 2017
    Anyone that has successfully implemented some working flows around thermostats ?... I am looking for some inspiration as i have just invested in 8 new Z-wave thermostats. I have tried to trawl the forum for flows but have not been able to find any topics around this, so I hope some of you guys have some inspiration.

Currently i have done 18 flows ranging from set day and night temp, weekend temp + holiday mode and pause X minutes. I have also use a Philips Hue tap, so the buttons there can be used to manually override flows and set temperature. 

Thank you :-)
  • Anyone that has successfully implemented some working flows around thermostats ?... I am looking for some inspiration as i have just invested in 8 new Z-wave thermostats. I have tried to trawl the forum for flows but have not been able to find any topics around this, so I hope some of you guys have some inspiration.

Currently i have done 18 flows ranging from set day and night temp, weekend temp + holiday mode and pause X minutes. I have also use a Philips Hue tap, so the buttons there can be used to manually override flows and set temperature. 

Thank you :-)
    There is an app for this :-)..... https://apps.athom.com/app/de.codeking.heatingschedule

Just if anyone else was loolking for this.

• Hi,

The lights in the kitchen turn on automaticly (like alle the lights downstairs) if it's getting dark. These light turn on dimmed (Hue scene Tropische Schemering). Let's call that 'Flow 0' in this example. But if I walk in to the kitchen to get a beer (or if the wife is in the kitchen to cook), I want the light turn on bright. But only if it's dark.

So I've made these 2 flows. I'll try to explain how they work.

Flow 1:

WEN someone moves in the kitchen (motion sensor) AND the light is already turned on, THEN activate the HUE scene 'Koken'. That scene let the lights turn white and bright. The flow also starts a timer and activates a mode.

Every time there is movement in the kitchen, the timer starts over.

Because I activate the mode, the other flow (Flow 0) doesn't activate scene Tropische Schemering, but activates scene Koken. I build this in for situations like this: Someone is in kitchen when it's still light, but the sun goes down and the lights turn on. Now the light in the kitchen is inmediatly bright.

Flow 2:

WHEN there is no movement for 300 seconds, the timer stops. AND if the light is on AND there is no motion (just an extra check), then the lights are dimmed again (by activation Hue scene Tropische Schemering. The mode is also turned off.

Flow 0 will now run normal again.

• Also pretty handy, let Homey mute the receiver after the "Ok Homey" trigger, and unmute it when I finished talking:

Thanks for sharing this flow! I found it really usefull and extended it with muting everything in my livingroom. Now I'm searching for an extention of this flow: Mute when Homey is talking. This sounds simple, but i found it hard because:
    - My receiver is 'dumb', can only be used with Infrared
    - In certain flows Homey is starts listening, then stops and then starts talking. These three things together with a 'dumb' device makes it random if the receiver is still on mute or nog after Homey talked.

Anyone who has a working solution for this maybe?
  • bierrebierre Member
    edited November 2017
    My son is going crazy at the moment. I've programmed a double KAKU button to trigger ambulance, fire engine, police and alarm bell sounds with the soundboard app. HIs playdesk is now both an ambulance, a police car, a fire truck and a fire staton at once. This could be one of the best use cases the coming years.

And by the way: I've added a virtual "Silencer" button, to be able to turn it off by hand or at certain times ;-)
  • Awesome!

I used an old remote, removed the batteries and added a NFC sticker to the battery compartment.
    Now our 1 year old can watch the teletubbies on TV (using chromecast) by holding the old remote on top of Homey :smile:

• Two very simple, but energy saving flows, using @gruijter_devs new app integrating (some) Netgear routers:

Until now, I had the power to my printer turn on/off as part of some flows dealing with presence - if me or my son was at home, the printer would be on, otherwise it would be off.
    As I only print from my laptop (although in theory possible from other devices) there is no reason why the printer should consume power if it is not on (or, although he almost never goes analouge) if my sons laptop is on...

Using the new app, I've made to simple flows triggered by a new device going online or offline, respectively, and the two laptops MAC-adresses as parameters:

First flow turns on mains to the printer if either one of the laptops goes online:

Second flow turns off mains to the printer if both laptops goes offline:

Although in absolute numbers the reduction in power consumption is probably diminuscule, in relative terms it is probably a reduction with a factor 10 or more (at least laptops are off when sleeping)...
  • Wish there was an app that could check on MAC addresses directly from Homey.
  • Wish there was an app that could check on MAC addresses directly from Homey.
    Agree.
  • edited November 2017
    bvdbos said:
    Yes, this time managed by Homey instead an Router, not everybody has the same router..

Cheers, Frank
  • Yeah, what Frank says. Checking if an MAC is connected to the same network as Homey. Like a ARP Ping.
  • I want to share this flow for adjusting brightness with the Nodon SoftRemote.
    I got the idea from the forum topic below and added functionality because now there is ELSE in the THEN column. 
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/3520/dim-hue-bulbs-up-down#latest

• bierre said:
    My son is going crazy at the moment. I've programmed a double KAKU button to trigger ambulance, fire engine, police and alarm bell sounds with the soundboard app. HIs playdesk is now both an ambulance, a police car, a fire truck and a fire staton at once. This could be one of the best use cases the coming years.

And by the way: I've added a virtual "Silencer" button, to be able to turn it off by hand or at certain times ;-)
    Hi @bierre what's the distance between the kaku switch and homey? For me it's only 4 meter. I want to know what my problem is. I can't make the distance greater.
  • Tell u when the dryer is ready:

Hardware used: Fibaro wallplug.

Make a timer (Countdown app) and call it "dryer". In my case it's called "Droger".

Make a Boolean (Better Logic app) and call it "Dryer". In my case "DrogerB"

I have made 3 flows for this:

The timer is set for the times the dryer stops and runs during the program he is running. That way u don't get false positives.

--------------------------------------------

Settings for the Fibaro wallplug are:

U can also do this for the washingmachine ofc. Nice to know when they are ready.
    U can also send a push message ofc with the Pushover app if u like.
    In case u think i don't know u=you, u are wrong. I do know.
    Hope u can use this in ur surroundings.
    When u have suggestions to this to make it easier, just let me know. Always open to suggestions.
    I'am trying to get an  message from the fibaro plug when the washing machine is finished. so far no succes and i read the above. What do you mean with " Make a Boolean (Better Logic app) and call it "Dryer". In my case "DrogerB""
    I hope you will help me
  • @Ype
    Install the Better Logic App and go to the Homey | Settings menu, where you will than find the Better Logic app settings screen.

Create a new varable:

Once you have created the (boolean) variable, you can use it in flows, like @Rocodamelshe
    shows in his examples.

Good luck!
  • Thanks, i already found the app. The flow's are working, but because, but when the wasmachine is ready and i switch it off it still uses between 1,6 en 1,7 watts The count down starts over and over again. I am afraid that at some point i get an useless push up message "de wasmachine is klaar" 
  • If u followed my examples u only get the flows starting when power is over 100 so 1,7 is no problem at all.
  • If u followed my examples u only get the flows starting when power is over 100 so 1,7 is no problem at all.

i think i did something wrong i get a lot of false ones so the flow keeps runnig can is send them to you in a peronal message? will u help me??
  • Sure, no problem.
  • I have a similar kind of case I try to solve;

I have a big espresso machine. The kind of which uses a double boiler and is all chrome ;-). Now this dude needs some warming before it operates. So I have plugged it in a Fibaro socket so I can run it warm before I come home. But as you might expect, the machine keeps this two boilers hot in the time it is switched on. About every 50 seconds the boiler heats (1000-1400 watt).

Sometimes I left home and forgot to power off. So I want homey to execute a flow that when no motion is dectected  (fFbaro motion sensor) for more than 30 mins it asks to power off. When no answer is given or received by Homey he should shut down 15 minutes later. 

I can't figure out how to connect the motion sensor with a timer and because of the power range the machine uses when idle it's hard to check that one too.

Maybe somebody can help me.

• glijieglijie Member
    edited December 2017
    Make these flows for when you left home.

1 - WHEN no motion THEN turn counter to 2700 sec ( timer is set at 45 min)

2 - WHEN counter is 900 AND send question to your phone "do you want to turn off the expresso machine"  THEN power off expresso machine AND stop counter  ELSE stop counter
    after 30 min a question is send to your phone to switch off the machine..... if answer on question is yes then your machine is switched of right away......if answer is no then machine wil stay on.

3 -WHEN counter is 0 THEN turn off the power expresso machine
    if no anwer then 15 min later the counter is 0 and will switch off the machine

• NewTonNewTon Member
    edited December 2017
    Wrote this at the time as glijie:

1) Install the app Countdown
    2) Create a timer in the CountDown app
    3) Create Flow: IF motion detected is on AND machine=off THEN switch on machine ELSE stop timer
    4) Create Flow: IF motion detected is off THEN Start Timer = 1800 
    5) Create Flow: IF timer=empty AND ask for acknowledge to keep machine on is yes THEN timer=1800 ELSE switch off machine

I think this should work also.
  • cjvscjvs Member
    edited December 2017
    Ype said:
    Thanks, i already found the app. The flow's are working, but because, but when the wasmachine is ready and i switch it off it still uses between 1,6 en 1,7 watts The count down starts over and over again. I am afraid that at some point i get an useless push up message "de wasmachine is klaar" 
    Had some issues getting this running also... Using insights I checked which energy pattern had to be in place to make sure my washing machine had finished (as it has some idle cycles in between and as such uses low energy and could trigger a false positive it has to be below 10W for 75 seconds). I use a timer (washingtimer) and boolean (washing). 4 flows do the work:

Flow 1 Washer has started: WHEN energy changed AND energy > 450 than boolean washing = true, Enable flow 2, 3, & 4 , Disable flow 1 (this flow).
    Flow 2 Washer <10W >75s: WHEN energy changed AND washing = true; Energy <10; Washingtimer is not running THEN start timer Washingtimer with 75 seconds
    Flow 3 Washer >10W: WHEN energy changed AND washing = true; Energy >10; Washingtimer is running THEN Stop timer Washingtimer
    Flow 4 Washer ready: WHEN Washingtimer is empty AND washing = true; THEN Send send push mesage; Say" Your laundry has been cleaned"; Disable flow 2, 3, & 4 , Enable flow 1.

So once started and when the washingmachine comes above 10W it resets the timer. Only when it does not go above 10W for 75 seconds it triggers a "finished" flow.