This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Flows

[POSITIVE] Flows that work!

15678911»

Comments

• Xiaomi, less than €10,- on Ali Express 
  • Xiaomi, less than €10,- on Ali Express 
    /?

So this works with Homey without any other xiaomi component?

This uses zigbee right? I'm a bit worried if my Homey can connect to this since my home is equipped with all zwave devices.
  • Oy1974Oy1974 Member
    edited July 2018
    Xiaomi, less than €10,- on Ali Express 
    /?

This uses zigbee right? I'm a bit worried if my Homey can connect to this since my home is equipped with all zwave devic
    Are you sure that you know what you buyed for € 300 when orded or get to the store to get a homey? 

Gues not;) but it can work with zwave, Zigbee ect together. thats why they make homey
  • Sure I read that the water sensor wasn't yet supported? Has that changed?
  • @androidfroyo, was talking about https://xiaomi-mi.com/sockets-and-sensors/aqara-temperature-and-humidity-sensor/, not the water sensor. See my flow,  I trigger on air humidity not water detection. 
  • Oy1974 said:
    Xiaomi, less than €10,- on Ali Express 
    /?

This uses zigbee right? I'm a bit worried if my Homey can connect to this since my home is equipped with all zwave devic
    Are you sure that you know what you buyed for € 300 when orded or get to the store to get a homey? 

Gues not;) but it can work with zwave, Zigbee ect together. thats why they make homey
    Oh I know it works with zigabee. I'm not that dumb :P

Just wanted to confirm there is a homey app for it. 

ALso I am just wondering if without other zigbee devices, i won;t have as strong mesh as zwave to connect to homey as my bathroom is some distance away.
  • @androidfroyo, was talking about https://xiaomi-mi.com/sockets-and-sensors/aqara-temperature-and-humidity-sensor/, not the water sensor. See my flow,  I trigger on air humidity not water detection. 
    thx for the info!
  • Tell u when the dryer is ready:

Hardware used: Fibaro wallplug.

Make a timer (Countdown app) and call it "dryer". In my case it's called "Droger".

Make a Boolean (Better Logic app) and call it "Dryer". In my case "DrogerB"

I have made 3 flows for this:

The timer is set for the times the dryer stops and runs during the program he is running. That way u don't get false positives.

--------------------------------------------

Settings for the Fibaro wallplug are:

U can also do this for the washingmachine ofc. Nice to know when they are ready.
    U can also send a push message ofc with the Pushover app if u like.
    In case u think i don't know u=you, u are wrong. I do know.
    Hope u can use this in ur surroundings.
    When u have suggestions to this to make it easier, just let me know. Always open to suggestions.
    Ive been using this flow for a couple of days now... and somewhere something goes a bit wrong.
    It works perfect for when my washing machine is ready, so far so good :)
    But the strange thing is i get random notifications saying my washer is ready during the day.
    I always get the notification at 20 past the hour (for example 03:20 or 20:20).
    I have looked at the log for the wall plug, and i see it generates a difference randomly during the day at various 18 minutes past the hour times. it then goes from 0,8 to 0,7 and back. (add 80 seconds from the countdown timer, and the notification at the 20's makes sense).

What would be the correct thing to fix in order for this not to happen, but do get a good notification when the washer is done? Anyone who can help me with this ?
  • RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited July 2018
    I have added 1 flow for this after the same experience. U then get 1 flow for set Boolean to true, 1 for setting it to false. 1 for when timer reaches zero and the extra flow to start the timer. When Boolean changed and Boolean is false then start the timer. Don’t forget to get the start timer part out of ur existing flows. Must also add that at the time of writing this flows it was not possible to combine some flows because we did not have the else function back then.
  • I have added 1 flow for this after the same experience. U then get 1 flow for set Boolean to true, 1 for setting it to false. 1 for when timer reaches zero and the extra flow to start the timer. When Boolean changed and Boolean is false then start the timer. Don’t forget to get the start timer part out of ur existing flows. Must also add that at the time of writing this flows it was not possible to combine some flows because we did not have the else function back then.
    Would it be to much to ask for a screenshot of the flows ? :blush:
    I understand things better when I see them.
    Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.
  • No problem at all. Will do so after work so later today if that’s ok with u?
  • No problem at all. Will do so after work so later today if that’s ok with u?
    Perfect :smiley: Thank you very much

I havent made a flow yet with the "else" function, there isn't a decent description or tutorial for that yet.
    Might be interesting to dive into that once I get a bit more familiar with the ins and outs of the homey
  • RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited July 2018
    Here is the 4 flows.

Plz let us know if it works for u.
    Ow, and don't tell me boss am home alr!

• Here is the 4 flows.

Plz let us know if it works for u.
    Ow, and don't tell me boss am home alr!

I have just put these flows in my Homey :)
    Let's see if it works as planned now.

Do the same values for "energie" go for other devices also?
    Lets say I want to use these flows for my washingdryer (its that what it's called in English? Een droger), is that the same?

I won't tell anyone :P
  • Have the same flows running for my wife’s droger so that’s a yes.
  • SytzeSytze Member
    Those values can be checked easily by checking the actual value when the plugged in device is running and when it is idle. Take a higher value that will certainly be met when running and certainly not be met when idle.

Probably a washing machine or dryer will use more than 100W during any point in a cycle. While in idle the use will probably not be more than 10W. For my TV I've used values of >80 for running, <60 for 'pause' and <10 for idle to switch/dim lights.
  • WindefalkWindefalk Unconfirmed, Member
    Emile said:
    My music in the bathroom starts playing when my shower's water touches the Fibaro water sensor, and stops automatically as well <3
    Beautiful =). Thanks
  • KAKU Remote one button multiple scenes.

I have made some flows where i use one KAKU remote button for multiple color scenes.
    1e push "lights on with scene color 1
    2e push "lights on with scene color 2
    3e push "lights on with scene color 3
    4e push "lights on with scene color 1
    and so on, and on, and on.

First i made with better logics some booleans for different scenes.

Then i made four flows.
    The last flow is in the same colors as the first one, so i looks like you're back at the first scene..

1e Flow

2e Flow

3e Flow

4e Flow