This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Flows

[POSITIVE] Flows that work!

Comments

• my most used flow yesterday :) Happy New Year everyone!

• I made this flow on the corridor towards my daughters room..... She is soooo happy with it ;)

• ErikVanDongenErikVanDongen Member
    edited January 2017
    A little too late, but this was my favorite flow the last week of december, during the NL Radio 2 TOP 2000.
    Every song with artist and song title displayed on my lametric wifi clock. I also could ask Homey what song was played.

Apps: HTTP Flow Cards, Better Logic and Lametric.
    First create two Better Logic variables called Artist and Song.

Flow 1: Get Radio 2 song info every 30 secs:

Url: http://radiobox2.omroep.nl/data/radiobox2/nowonair/2.json

Flow 2: Parse song and title to Better Logic variables and show it (after 2 secs delay) on Lametric Clock when a new song is found.

JSONpath on condition card: $.results[0].songfile.title
    JSONpath on first action: $.results[0].songfile.artist
    JSONpath on second action: $.results[0].songfile.title

Flow 3: Hey Homey, What song is this?

• thayoung1thayoung1 Member
    edited January 2017
    An example of using third party services on an abstract (HTTP) level without a specific App. 

I'm using these flows for getting the address of my vehicle. Tools used are the ANWB Connected CarOpen Street Maps Nominatim and Homey Apps HTTP Request Flow Connector and Better Logic.

Flow 1: When I say something with 'beamer' in it, the ANWB Connected Car API is called.

GET JSON trigger object HTTP options:

{
      "method": "post",
      "protocol": "https:",
      "hostname": "eu1-r40-prod.delphiconnect.com",
      "port": "8443",
      "path": "/mobile.svc/users/1234/vehicles/locations",
      "headers": {
        "Authorization": "abcd",
        "Content-Type": "application/json"
      },
      "json": {
        "userId ": 1234
      }
    }

This returns the following JSON:

{
      "userID": 1234,
      "vehicleLocations": [{
        "heading": 11.6015625,
        "latitude": 61.119592928311904,
        "longitude": 6.21587956073761,
        "speed": 0,
        "fixType": 1,
        "vehicleId": 5678
      }]
    }

Flow 2: JSON object with GPS coordinates is parsed. Better Logic variables Latitude and Longitude are set. OpenStreetMaps is called for retrieving the address associated with the GPS coordinates.

JSONpath Better Logic var first parameters:

$.vehicleLocations[0].latitude and $.vehicleLocations[0].longitude

The numeric values are stored in BetterLogic variables.

GET JSON trigger object HTTP options:

{
      "method": "get",
      "protocol": "http:",
      "hostname": "nominatim.openstreetmap.org",
      "path": "/reverse?format=json&lon=autoLongitude&lat=autoLatitude",
      "headers": {
        "User-Agent": "Beamer Testje"
      }
    }

autoLongitude and autoLatitude are the variables which hold the GPS coördinates.

This returns the following JSON:

{
      "place_id": "97676000",
      "licence": "Data © OpenStreetMap contributors, ODbL 1.0. http:\/\/www.openstreetmap.org\/copyright",
      "osm_type": "way",
      "osm_id": "151930472",
      "lat": "52.1252135",
      "lon": "5.3490756",
      "display_name": "A28, Leusden, Utrecht, Nederland, 3832RJ, Nederland",
      "address": {
        "road": "A28",
        "suburb": "Leusden",
        "town": "Leusden",
        "state": "Utrecht",
        "postcode": "3832RJ",
        "country": "Nederland",
        "country_code": "nl"
      },
      "boundingbox": ["52.1221287", "52.1272552", "5.3383386", "5.3594535"]
    }

Flow 3: The streetname, housenumber (if available), postalcode and village are put in Better Logic variables which are then sent to my phone (or spoken by Homey or whatever).

Thanks @ErikVanDongen for answering my HTTP Request Flow Connector related questions and even extending it with a new flowcard. :)

• tobyleurs said:
    Would love to see some more flows people created. It is inspiring waiting for the delivery of my pre-order. It shows me possibilities and ideas for the use of Homey and witch hardware (Z-wave - KaKu) to buy.
    Would be nice to see a option to share and import users flows directly to homey 
  • thayoung1 said:
    An example of using third party services on an abstract (HTTP) level without a specific App. 

I'm using these flows for getting the address of my vehicle. Tools used are the ANWB Connected CarOpen Street Maps Nominatim and Homey Apps HTTP Request Flow Connector and Better Logic.

Flow 1: When I say something with 'beamer' in it, the ANWB Connected Car API is called.

Flow 2: JSON object with GPS coordinates is parsed. Better Logic variables Latitude and Longitude are set. OpenStreetMaps is called for retrieving the address associated with the GPS coordinates.

Flow 3: The streetname, housenumber, postalcode and village are put in Better Logic variables which are then sent to my phone (or spoken by Homey or whatever).

Thanks @ErikVanDongen for answering my HTTP Request Flow Connector related questions and even extending it with a new flowcard. :)

Would be Nice to see what is fillt in in de flows. Not The personal data of course
  • Awesome flow @thayoung1. You're building apps with apps! 
  • @Leeuw1960 I will put in the anonymized detail information later on.
  • JPeJPe Member
    @mponsioen :  why don't you, in your first flow, in the right column an extra card "zet uit" with a delay of 300 sec?
  • ldjldj Member
    Hi ErikvanDongen,

Could you please tell me what I need to fill in the JSON in the flows (Radio2) you've showed?
    You can't see the exact line and for me it's all new about JSON and HTTP Flows.
    Thanks in advance

• ldj said:
    Hi ErikvanDongen,

Could you please tell me what I need to fill in the JSON in the flows (Radio2) you've showed?
    You can't see the exact line and for me it's all new about JSON and HTTP Flows.
    Thanks in advance

Hi, I added the urls and JSONpath's to my post.
  • ldjldj Member
    Erik,  thanks for the quick response
  • @Leeuw1960 requests/responses are added in my post.

• MennoMenno Member
    edited January 2017

What it does when there is motion (or ring) at my door it checks my receiver if it's on and input is cable TV it switches to my PC (is just an android box) and after 30 sec it's moving back to cable TV

For it to work fast the android box needs to be on and the ring app needs to be open

Parts used:

Ring doorbell
    Onkyo receiver
    Andriod TV box (KM8) with ring doorbell app installed
    And ofcourse homey with ring app + onkyo app
  • Tip!

For people whining having problems with the voice recognition it can be helpfull to let homey do the hard work

To find words that homey is understanding for you open this url below and try short clear words:

http://"homey's_ip"/manager/speech-input/                      <<<<<replace "homey's_ip" with your IP>>>>>>

With this you can also do multiple action with only one word (or how many you want)
    In the beginning I had to say:
    Start Kodi
    Start Addon YouTube

Now only:
    tv

• EilandgastEilandgast Member
    edited January 2017
    Dont understand Menno. What to do after  http://"homey's_ip"/manager/speech-input/  ?
    It says "Type a sentence". Am I supposed to type and say something? What comes first? Will Homey give feedback?
    Please advise.
  • @Eilandgast no don't type anything just leave to page open and say OK Homey and then a Word you like to use then you will see what homey heard
  • Unfortunately I see nothing @Menno
  • Than most probably you are not logged in on homey and you don't have a session with a token. So first logn with your browser and after that refresh this page. To see if it works you can type "hoe laat is het"
  • wingie said:
    Than most probably you are not logged in on homey and you don't have a session with a token. So first logn with your browser and after that refresh this page. To see if it works you can type "hoe laat is het"
    Use speech-output in place of speech-input
  • backslashbackslash Member
    edited January 2017
    Yellow said:
    4 flows related to pausing my Sonos when I speak to Homey. (Homey is in the same room next to my main Sonos).
    I trigger the "sonos speelt" (Sonos is playing) when I start Sonos with Homey.

Too bad there isn't a status check possible for Sonos. But I'm very happy with the Sonos app!
    Edit: the second check on "sonos speelt is true" is not necessary.

sorry but can't get it delete
  • Menno said:

What it does when there is motion (or ring) at my door it checks my receiver if it's on and input is cable TV it switches to my PC (is just an android box) and after 30 sec it's moving back to cable TV

For it to work fast the android box needs to be on and the ring app needs to be open

Parts used:

Ring doorbell
    Onkyo receiver
    Andriod TV box (KM8) with ring doorbell app installed
    And ofcourse homey with ring app + onkyo app
    Some more advanced.

Problems solved:
    Exit Live view screen using HDMI-CEC 

Switch back to HDMI channel what you where watching before doorbel rang.
    1.png 2.7M
  • @0burner0 to make it complete ;-)

I don't want to switch to ring screen when playing games (xbox/ps)

And I don't want to miss one sec from my movie 1x pause and 1x resume

• MarcelKuijperMarcelKuijper Member
    edited January 2017
    3 examples of my flows using 1 binary sensor from fibaro.
    first 2 flows contain actions for when the doorbell is pressed, used the first trigger on the sensor.

I got a countdown timer build in to prevent spam in the push notification, it has a 3 sec delay because of that.

When the second trigger is closed, (coused by my alarm system, when entrance countdown starts it triggers a output where the input 2 of the sensor is connected to) and its after sunset, it will turn on my entrance hall light as well as any other light in my living room (wich is included in my "all lights on" button).

• 3 examples of my flows using 1 binary sensor from fibaro.
    first 2 flows contain actions for when the doorbell is pressed, used the first trigger on the sensor.

I got a countdown timer build in to prevent spam in the push notification, it has a 3 sec delay because of that.
    You could save one flow and eliminate the 3s delay while having the debouncer!
    Trigger: doorbell pressed, 
    Condition: Countdown timer doorbell not running, 
    Action: start Countdown timer doorbell 3 seconds & pushover notification!

• You could save one flow and eliminate the 3s delay while having the debouncer!
    Trigger: doorbell pressed, 
    Condition: Countdown timer doorbell not running, 
    Action: start Countdown timer doorbell 3 seconds & pushover notification!
    This is indeed better, thanks for your input!
  • Peter4209 said:
    Hi
    This is my simple trash can reminder in Homey
    The right order is on Monday - papierbak next Tuesday -  grijzebak and next week only on Tuesday - groenebak
    After that again on Monday - papierbak enz
    To start with the right variable Container , create a small flow to set the right container

For this I use the app trashcanreminder! Works great and makes the flow a bit more simple.
    https://apps.athom.com/app/com.athom.trashchecker
    How does youre flow looks like?
  • I made a flow in combination with Automator on my Mac Mini. The flow sends a mail, automator gets the subject and posts this as a URL in Safari. Besides that, the tuner and the tv go to the right output.

• Hey, is it possible with one command (e.g. Ok Homey, lights) and they will go on, or if they are on, they will go off? Instead of 2 flows one?