This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Flows

[POSITIVE] Flows that work!

Comments

• Peter4209 said:
    Hi
    This is my simple trash can reminder in Homey
    The right order is on Monday - papierbak next Tuesday -  grijzebak and next week only on Tuesday - groenebak
    After that again on Monday - papierbak enz
    To start with the right variable Container , create a small flow to set the right container

For this I use the app trashcanreminder! Works great and makes the flow a bit more simple.
    https://apps.athom.com/app/com.athom.trashchecker
    I use the ical calendar app for this. I only need 1 flow for it, and can make advance recurring events in my Google Calendar.
  • Hi everyone.

I'm trying to make a flow that will turn on some lights at nighttime when the kids are going to the bathroom. 
    I don't want it to change the lights if they are already on.. I have motion sensor and HUE.,

Regards

• happyhp said:
    Hi everyone.

I'm trying to make a flow that will turn on some lights at nighttime when the kids are going to the bathroom. 
    I don't want it to change the lights if they are already on.. I have motion sensor and HUE.,

Regards

You can make a variable (better logic app), that changes when the Hue light is turned on, or off. Then you can check in your other flow (in the then-field) if the light already is on.
  • A flow that works quite well, flow that automatically turns on the TV when show x is on TV (based on dutch tv guide):

I use the app HTTP request flow charts (and Harmony app to control TV + countdown for some additional logic).

Each weekday at a specific time check if tv-show x is planned (in this case a Dutch tv-show 'De Wereld Draait Door'):

GET: http://www.tvgids.nl/json/lists/programs.php?channels=1
    JSONpath: $.1..[?(@.permalink=='de-wereld-draait-door')].datum_start

This basically checks if 'de wereld draait door' is on tv today and will return the "datum_start" as a variable.

In the next flow check if the "datum_start" matches my expected time and execute the action you want.

In my case I've added some additional logic to countdown 60 secs, after 60 secs tv is turned on, but this is cancelled in case I start talking to Homey.

When timer reaches 0:

And this all is cancelled when I start talking to Homey in this minute (+ some other 'cancel' action + my received is muted):

Hope this is some inspiration for other good flows/combinations. :)
  • Thanks, I was searching for something like this. 

• When the doorbel is pushed after  sundown  the door light goes  on thats works fine !!!
    What flow do i make to switch of the doorlight  off after 5 minutes 
  • mponsioen said:
    When the doorbel is pushed after  sundown  the door light goes  on thats works fine !!!
    What flow do i make to switch of the doorlight  off after 5 minutes 
     Use the Countdown app, start a Countdown for 300 seconds if you switch on the light. 
    Create a second flow  to switch it off if it becomes 0.
    Also lengthens the light on period if someone presses agai within 5 min. 
  • Thanks Geurt will  try  this afternoon

grtz Marc 
  • or in the same flow...door lights off with a delay 5 min
  • glijie said:
    or in the same flow...door lights off with a delay 5 min
    U gonna have to wait a little with that. 1167 needs to get fixed first
  • glijie said:
    okay use the delay in seconds (300) then it wil work till issue is fixed
  • glijie said:
    glijie said:
    You save using  one app and one flow, but if someone press the bell 270 seconds after a first trigger the light is on but gets switched off 300 sec. after the first trigger and  that person is 30 seconds after pressing the bell in the dark again.  :-)
  • glijieglijie Member
    edited December 2016
    glijie said:
    glijie said:
    You save using  one app and one flow, but if someone press the bell 270 seconds after a first trigger the light is on but gets switched off 300 sec. after the first trigger and  that person is 30 seconds after pressing the bell in the dark again.  :-)
    That''s correct,  in that case i would turn the lamps off in 260 sec.:-)
  • RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited December 2016
    glijie said:
    No, in that case u will use a timer. When doorbell is pressed, set timer. Just like @GeurtDijker mentioned above.
    Wait, that was incorrect. It should have been: Most peeps will use the timer because it works way better and u don't get standing outside in the dark.
  • glijie said:
    No, in that case u will use a timer. When doorbell is pressed, set timer. Just like @GeurtDijker mentioned above.
    Wait, that was incorrect. It should have been: Most peeps will use the timer because it works way better and u don't get standing outside in the dark.
    ok
  • The following flow is not working 100% but that is due to a issue in the onkyo app: 

Whenever homey starts to listen it will mute my onkyo for 10 seconds. This way I reduce the amount of errors with speech recognition

• The following flow is not working 100% but that is due to a issue in the onkyo app: 

Whenever homey starts to listen it will mute my onkyo for 10 seconds. This way I reduce the amount of errors with speech recognition

You can also use a flow to un-mute when 'Homey stops listening'. Is more convenient IMO. 
  • Would be more fun to unmute when Homey stops talking!

With this flow, and your music off when saying OK Homey, your music will unmute as well right? I've done the same thing with Sonos. Any suggestions on how to let homey know when it doesn't have to unmute/start because there was no music on in the first place? The state app will not work since it doesn't recognize it when you manually toggle Sonos right?
  • When I use the "Homey starts listening" flow it fires the flow when the request is already made. Is this a bug or am I understanding the flowcard wrong? I want something simple like when I say "Ok Homey", it respondes with "how can i help you". 
    edited December 2016
    Appie said:
    With this flow, and your music off when saying OK Homey, your music will unmute as well right? I've done the same thing with Sonos. Any suggestions on how to let homey know when it doesn't have to unmute/start because there was no music on in the first place? The state app will not work since it doesn't recognize it when you manually toggle Sonos right?
    Don't think that's possible atm. Am doin this with a php script running on my Synology. That script is realy muting Sonos and unmuting. After unmute he goes back to the state he was in.
    veekie said:
    When I use the "Homey starts listening" flow it fires the flow when the request is already made. Is this a bug or am I understanding the flowcard wrong? I want something simple like when I say "Ok Homey", it respondes with "how can i help you". 
    When u say Ok Homey, Homey starts listening. So the card "Homey starts listening" is starting from there. I use it to mute Sonos so Homey can understand me better. Homey is not gonna respond by himself, u will need to maken a flow for that if u like that option.
  • Quick question: I see all of you using the OK Homey trigger. This isn't working on my Homey.
    Do you also have the 'experimental' next to the microphone?
  • RikPost said:
    Quick question: I see all of you using the OK Homey trigger. This isn't working on my Homey.
    Do you also have the 'experimental' next to the microphone?
    Yes I have. Ok Homey trigger works most of the time?

• Thanks! I will try changing the location of Homey
  • RikPost said:
    Thanks! I will try changing the location of Homey
    Just a thought,  could it be that your Homey records some resonance?  Maybe Homey placed on a glass table or something hard  Gives you a bad experience where others have a better acoustic environment?
  • HELP !!
    Hi  i thought  i was quite clever but am i stil thinking to much old school ??  :D . The doorbel light question.
    I made a flow that works fine:
    Then i added the countdown app and made some actions thinking  that i have to add the seconds value in the card 
    And made a flow to use the countdown  to switch of the light again after 5 minutes its not working  what am i doing wrong  .................

BIG  Thanks in advance for just any comment that will make me more clever again :-)

edited December 2016
    Make a zandloper called doorbell.

When doorbell pressed--turn light on
                                             --turn zandloper doorbell for 300 sec

When zandloper doorbell is empty--turn light off
  • Also handy if you don't like a christmas tree in the living all the time. Did set the timer on 5 sec to get the feedback of the ring to see if Homey understood the command.
    LED ring goes ON when you start to speak and goes OFF when it is finished.

• Kossie said:
    Also handy if you don't like a christmas tree in the living all the time. Did set the timer on 5 sec to get the feedback of the ring to see if Homey understood the command.
    LED ring goes ON when you start to speak and goes OFF when it is finished.

dont need a flow fot that just turn it of in options and it wil only lights up when listening
  • When you have an old tv remote, you can power it up using the Better Logic app. I'm a big fan of presets (standjes) using the numbers on your remote. So I wanted presets for my lights and music.

I started making a number variable called AB modus (remote modus). When I press the Red, Blue, Yellow or Green button (those buttons that you never used...), the remote modus is set to 1, 2, 3, or 4 and calls out 'Music mode' or 'Light mode' or 'Presence mode' (haven't got a third and fourth mode thought out yet. Presence might be one, or TV).

When the remote modus is Music, the OK button on my remote turns on Sonos, the mute button turns off Sonos. Button 1 sets the volume at 15%, button 2 sets the volume at 20%, etc.

When the remote modus is Lights, the (same) OK button turns on my last Hue scene, the mute button turns off the Hue lights. Button 1 selects a specific hue scene, etc. (btw, would love it if Hue and Sonos cards are added to increment/decrement light of Hue/volume of Sonos by x%, so that I can use my volume buttons!)

The result: I have an old remote turning into a remote with at least 4 times the functionality!

My wife loves it, wasn't that big of a fan of speech, and this works very simple.