This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Flows

[POSITIVE] Flows that work!

Comments

• Just posted this also in another thread but because it is a positive flow (and message) I wanted to shout it out loud! :wink: 

Without using voice control I'm a very happy camper! smiley 

Using Homey to control lights (HUE), TV(Sony Bravia), reciever (Onkyo), Alarm system (woonveilig), door sensors, doorbell (with help of Homewizard to translate old fashion KAKU signal to modern code) and  IFTTT (for iOS presence, battery friendly yeahhh).... 
    I have finish all my presence flows config... Realy working super duper wink 
    When I cross Geo-Fence, Homey waits until door sensor from alarm system is changed to open (wait flow), then sends a direct Disarm command to Alarm system (Deactivate alarm flow), welcome home flow, lights on when dark etc etc...

Same thing visa versa...

Flow activation depends also on presence of my wife of me... 

I will leave Homey on power from today... Cross fingers for stability!!!
  • @Martijn: "IFTTT (for iOS presence, battery friendly yeahhh).... " Do you mean that you use IFTTT for presence detection because the presence detection is the only thing that is not stable over here.
     Once in the 2 a 3 days I have to reboot my homey because my flows not work anymore (not detect that someone is at home).
  • mbalik79 said:
    @Martijn: "IFTTT (for iOS presence, battery friendly yeahhh).... " Do you mean that you use IFTTT for presence detection because the presence detection is the only thing that is not stable over here.
     Once in the 2 a 3 days I have to reboot my homey because my flows not work anymore (not detect that someone is at home).
    Yes I use ifttt for presence. Stable? I will find out soon, because I never leave homey powered on... 
  • Martijn said:
    mbalik79 said:
    @Martijn: "IFTTT (for iOS presence, battery friendly yeahhh).... " Do you mean that you use IFTTT for presence detection because the presence detection is the only thing that is not stable over here.
    Yes I use ifttt for presence. Stable? I will find out soon, because I never leave homey powered on... 
    If that works i will give it also a try. For now I have to reboot once in the 2days, thinking of an automatic flow for that. Then it works here.. Good luck...let me know you experiance...
  • BumbleBumble Member
    Is there a list of strings or code that you can use for Homey to let him say the time or other things that are build in?

I think like {time} or something like that.
  • mauriceb said:
    I created two flows so Homey can tell me the inside temp by a push of a button:

Flow 1: SayHomeTempStep1

When... Button pushed
    then... Get variable step 1
    • Query parameters: ?username=mobile_uname&password=Welcome! --> {"username":"mobile_uname","password":"Welcome!"}
    • JSONpath formatted : $.insideTemp
    • Name of trigger step 2: SayHomeTempStep1

Flow 2: SayHomeTempStep2

When... GET variable step 2
    • Trigger from step 1: SayHomeTempStep1
    then... Say something
    • The current inside temperature is VarValueLable degrees

Here is an example JSON Result from Tado:
    {
       "success": true,
       "operation": "MANUAL",
       "preheating": false,
       "preheatingTargetOperation": null,
       "autoOperation": "HOME",
       "operationTrigger": "USER",
       "insideTemp": 20.05,
       "setPointTemp": 21,
       "controlPhase": "STEADY",
       "currentUserPrivacyEnabled": false,
       "currentUserGeoStale": null,
       "deviceUpdating": false,
       "homeId": 12345,
       "heatingOn": false,
       "internetGatewayType": "GW02",
       "internetGatewayConnected": true,
       "heatingMuscleType": "RU01",
       "heatingMuscleConnected": true,
       "insideTemperatureSensorType": "RU01",
       "insideTemperatureSensorConnected": true,
       "settingsEnabled": true,
       "fallbackOperation": false,
       "helpUrl": "https://support.tado.com/hc/",
       "pendingDeviceInstallation": false
    }
    How did you do this exactly? I would like to do something similar.
  • I posted this in the library thread as well, but I suppose it also has a place in this thread:
    One of my favourite flows, mainly because some of the family members are otherwise unable to interact with Homey :wink:, is for providing spoken feedback after talking to Homey.

What the following flows do is say either say a standard prase (in my case "Sorry, ik begrijp je niet") when the text does not trigger a flow (2nd flow below) or say nothing (or in my case that what is in the triggered flow) when it does trigger a flow (3rd and 4th flow below).

It goes as follows (mind you it is not lean):
    • create a timer
    •  2nd, 3rd and 4th, create the following flows:
    The first flow fires up a 1 second timer to allow the false/true check of the 2nd and 3rd flow to check the boolean condition (otherwise it is always it's standard condition - false). 

* For the true flow (3rd) you can also add a confirmation by homey if you like. Personally I let homey repeat the confirmation in the individual flows.
    • Finally: for each (voice triggered) flow set the boolean condition to true.

One caveat is that the flow does not natively work with built-in commands (I suppose you could implement a workaround for these if you would really want to).

If someone has a better way to implement it, let me know! :smiley: 
  • RocodamelsheRocodamelshe Member
    edited November 2016
    Tell u when the dryer is ready:

Hardware used: Fibaro wallplug.

Make a timer (Countdown app) and call it "dryer". In my case it's called "Droger".

Make a Boolean (Better Logic app) and call it "Dryer". In my case "DrogerB"

I have made 3 flows for this:

The timer is set for the times the dryer stops and runs during the program he is running. That way u don't get false positives.

--------------------------------------------

Settings for the Fibaro wallplug are:

U can also do this for the washingmachine ofc. Nice to know when they are ready.
    U can also send a push message ofc with the Pushover app if u like.
    In case u think i don't know u=you, u are wrong. I do know.
    Hope u can use this in ur surroundings.
    When u have suggestions to this to make it easier, just let me know. Always open to suggestions.
  • I'm playing with the idea to add a counter for the remaining vacation days rather then just using the weekday vs weekend to determine when it is time to wake up. 
    This was, you can set the number of vacation days to 3 or 4 when you gave a long weekend or to 14 when you have a long vacation. 
    Homey would count down the days until 0 and then switch back to the workweek schedule. 
    This avoids the problem of forgetting to set the alarm. (We all know those mondays...)
    What do you guys think? Potential? Suggestions for improvement?
  • JaapPelt said:

Would be a nice thing to combine with the state control app
  • @jaapPelt why don't you make a timer like you made for night-status? Only for you Holiday. In the And section only an extra check (if NOT a Holiday) and your good to go?
  • I think that could be done using the states (from the app State Control) where the alarm is only switched on when the state is not 'Holiday'. On the other hand: for the heating it would be great when Homey knows when you will come home so it can start to heat up the house in advance. I always hate comming home in a cold house, which still has to be warmed up. 
  • JaapPelt said:

Would be a nice thing to combine with the state control app
    The goal is to configure more then just my presence. I want Homey to behave differently on a day off. At the moment, I have already 20 or so states (sleeping, waking up, awake, breakfast, leaving for work, at work,coming home,  day off at home, away (shopping), cooking diner, having diner,  watching tv, playing games, reading, evening at home, evening away, it's getting late, going to bed, vacation.

These states are not mutually exclusive. I'm trying to extract different elements such as home vs away or work day vs day off and let the day program run on multiple states rather then one. The holiday counter mentioned above is one of those attempts to split off such a parameter. 

Since several of you recommended the state control app, I'll go check it out. With a bit of luck, it's just what I need.
  • YellowYellow Member
    edited November 2016
    4 flows related to pausing my Sonos when I speak to Homey. (Homey is in the same room next to my main Sonos).
    I trigger the "sonos speelt" (Sonos is playing) when I start Sonos with Homey.

Too bad there isn't a status check possible for Sonos. But I'm very happy with the Sonos app!
    Edit: the second check on "sonos speelt is true" is not necessary.

• "Laadpalen bezet"
    This flow will trigger when my electric car enters the home geofence and has a battery capacity lower the 75% and both the charging points in my street are occupied. It will then send me a push notification telling me.
    This is a fun little super advanced flow Homey can facilitate with only a few cards.
    Saves me from driving in a narrow one-way street for nothing.
    Apps used: Tesla and Http request (Latest Git version 1.3.4)laadpalen bezet flow
  • Hi
    Strange thing occures here,i have add the sonos flows from Yellow,it works perfectly but when i say (anything) hoe laat is het or hoe gaat het met jou
    my sonos starts playing,howcome ?

• Hi here is a simple flow to create a  P2000 Radioscanner (firedepartment)

• jjtbsomhorstjjtbsomhorst Member
    edited December 2016
    Hi,

the following simple flow gives me the first opportunity to travel from my home to the city centre: 

And another one. i trigger this flow almost every morning to get the latest news and to let homey tell me the current road condition. 

• Hi,

the following simple flow gives me the first opportunity to travel from my home to the city centre: 

And another one. i trigger this flow almost every morning to get the latest news and to let homey tell me the current road condition. 

i got it like this.

when somebody lays his ov-chipkaart on the homey then the flow gets triggered. 

bus.png 245.7K

• This one is working for me (have to use start because kodi is translated to call me most of the times and start seems to go okay most of the time)

top right start activity where can i find this ??? is that a harmony hub?
  • Yes it it.
  • I really love this flow! So simple, jet zo powerfull.. ;)

• robnijssenrobnijssen Member
    edited December 2016
    Hi
    This is my simple trash can reminder in Homey
    The right order is on Monday - papierbak next Tuesday -  grijzebak and next week only on Tuesday - groenebak
    After that again on Monday - papierbak enz
    To start with the right variable Container , create a small flow to set the right container

• Hi
    This is my simple trash can reminder in Homey
    The right order is on Monday - papierbak next Tuesday -  grijzebak and next week only on Tuesday - groenebak
    After that again on Monday - papierbak enz
    To start with the right variable Container , create a small flow to set the right container

For this I use the app trashcanreminder! Works great and makes the flow a bit more simple.
    https://apps.athom.com/app/com.athom.trashchecker
  • Peter4209 said:

For this I use the app trashcanreminder! Works great and makes the flow a bit more simple.
    https://apps.athom.com/app/com.athom.trashchecker
    Only downside is that not all city's are compatible with that app.
  • @bob76 ;
    I made this to notify me on my phone when a call comes in at home on my fixed line (connected to a FritzBox).
    When someone comes home, and wants to know if someone called, just ask Homey.

and

Just want to add some time-labels so you also know when the call came in. Still figuring out how to do that.
    Enjoy!
  • Da_JoJoDa_JoJo Member
    edited December 2016

of de wat leukere versie:

• Here's my input:

• May I suggest that when we share flows, we also tell which app or device is used? I for instance don't recognize the WU symbol in the above flow.