This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Flows

[POSITIVE] Flows that work!

Comments

• What is not working?
    If you start a flow with the HTTP Get Request card and type test in there, then let Homey do something like say test or blink the LED ring. Safe this flow and type in your browser (chrome etc.):
    http://192.168.1.10/api/app/com.internet/test
    Changes Homeys ip adress if needed.

Good luck!
  • After some playing around, I made my first usefull flow.. Lol..

When I'm in the garden or garage I can't hear the doorbell. Homey solved that problem now. :)

• I created a simple flow that, if the speech is recognized, works as follows. The office kika socket switch will go on and a boolean is set using better logic app. Because of that Homey goes into the second flow and asks me if I want to turn my computer on. If I acknowledge that it will send an Wake on Lan packet which will cause my laptop to turn on ... sometimes.. 

• I created a simple flow that, if the speech is recognized, works as follows. The office kika socket switch will go on and a boolean is set using better logic app. Because of that Homey goes into the second flow and asks me if I want to turn my computer on. If I acknowledge that it will send an Wake on Lan packet which will cause my laptop to turn on ... sometimes.. 

Nice example!!!! Thanx
  • 2Be2Be Member
    When I'm in a fight with Homey I use this flow to get my revenge. :wink: 

• RikPost said:
    What is not working?
    If you start a flow with the HTTP Get Request card and type test in there, then let Homey do something like say test or blink the LED ring. Safe this flow and type in your browser (chrome etc.):
    http://192.168.1.10/api/app/com.internet/test
    Changes Homeys ip adress if needed.

Good luck!
    Thanks, het werkt nu wel. 
  • Just add a button to Domoticz to switch mic on/off.
  • I created two flows so Homey can tell me the inside temp by a push of a button:

Flow 1: SayHomeTempStep1

When... Button pushed
    then... Get variable step 1
    • Query parameters: ?username=mobile_uname&password=Welcome! --> {"username":"mobile_uname","password":"Welcome!"}
    • JSONpath formatted : $.insideTemp
    • Name of trigger step 2: SayHomeTempStep1

Flow 2: SayHomeTempStep2

When... GET variable step 2
    • Trigger from step 1: SayHomeTempStep1
    then... Say something
    • The current inside temperature is VarValueLable degrees

Here is an example JSON Result from Tado:
    {
       "success": true,
       "operation": "MANUAL",
       "preheating": false,
       "preheatingTargetOperation": null,
       "autoOperation": "HOME",
       "operationTrigger": "USER",
       "insideTemp": 20.05,
       "setPointTemp": 21,
       "controlPhase": "STEADY",
       "currentUserPrivacyEnabled": false,
       "currentUserGeoStale": null,
       "deviceUpdating": false,
       "homeId": 12345,
       "heatingOn": false,
       "internetGatewayType": "GW02",
       "internetGatewayConnected": true,
       "heatingMuscleType": "RU01",
       "heatingMuscleConnected": true,
       "insideTemperatureSensorType": "RU01",
       "insideTemperatureSensorConnected": true,
       "settingsEnabled": true,
       "fallbackOperation": false,
       "helpUrl": "https://support.tado.com/hc/",
       "pendingDeviceInstallation": false
    }
  • scoczscocz Member
    2Be said:

How did you get the external file on the homey? (mp3)
  • 2Be said:

Great fun with this. Although, at 0 playing that sound thru my Sonos scares some peeps here hehe.
  • YamahaaYamahaa Member
    edited April 2016
    Nice this topic it helps! Go on with the explanations ....thanks 
  • MennoMenno Member
    Flow I use for automatic light on/off 

• Nice flow Menno! Pretty extensive one.

I made a flow inspired by 2Be's self destruct flow :smiley: 

When this flow is triggered, Homey plays the theme of 20th century fox. In parallel to it, it will
    start my second flow which toggles three hue's in my livingroom to on and off. To repeat this
    i've added a number which adds 1 to the value each loop until it reaches 10.
    When the IR is working properly I'm going to add some actions to start my mediacenter as well.

The flow hasn't much practical use yet, but it's fun to play with :smile: 

• TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited April 2016
    Due to the rain this morning, I spend some time to document the flows I currently have running...
    After the 0.8.32 update, I am finally able to install Kodi for Homey app...complementing the flows...

These flows are mainly focussing on switching on and off the lights in the living room based on input from the Fibaro Motion Sensor(s) and state of Kodi and take into account an Away mode and night mode...

Too large to share in a single screenshot... a teaser:
    Further details in attached document... 

Feedback / suggestions are welcome!
  • RonnORonnO Member
    edited April 2016
    Great fun with this. Although, at 0 playing that sound thru my Sonos scares some peeps here hehe.
    Hi Rocodamelshe, did you manage to play sound thru your Sonos? If so: did you plug in an audio jack to Sonos or is it wirelessly connected? Or was your comment merely suggestive?
  • Simple flow that works.

• RobinVanKekemRobinVanKekem Member
    edited April 2016
    ThijsDeJong said:
    Simple flow that works.

I guess this uses quite some resources for Homey.
    Why not use the if card with rain in 30min ?

• RonnO said:
    Hi Rocodamelshe, did you manage to play sound thru your Sonos? If so: did you plug in an audio jack to Sonos or is it wirelessly connected? Or was your comment merely suggestive?
    I have some php code running on my synology and call it in a flow with a http get command. That way I also mute sonos after "ok homey" since my homey is standing about 10 cm away from my sonos playbar.
  • ThijsDeJong said:
    Simple flow that works.

I guess this uses quite some resources for Homey.
    Why not use the if card with rain in 30min ?

The problem with that is that it doesn't work. For the completeness. The flow I posted stopped working. One way or the other, buienradar isn't pushing the data to homey, so I made a flow where homey would ask. At the moment that flow doesn't work either.... Will have a look tonight
  • The problem with that is that it doesn't work. For the completeness. The flow I posted stopped working. One way or the other, buienradar isn't pushing the data to homey, so I made a flow where homey would ask. At the moment that flow doesn't work either.... Will have a look tonight
    I see.
    The buienradar app is auto updating every 5 min and pulls data from buienradar.nl so it isn't the website triggering Homey ;)
    I guess you can create an issue on Github for this app?
    https://github.com/athombv/nl.buienradar/issues

• AcE_KrystalAcE_Krystal Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm trying to make different category's of flows.
    I'm still trying to define them, but currently I have:

> = Set  Flows
    manually start and stop flows.
    # = Mode Flows;
    defining all configurations wished for that mode, triggerd by other flows
    @ = At (automatic moment) Flows;
    most often time triggers.
    ! = Input Triger Flows;
    most often buttons, motion, alarms
    ? = Request Triger Flows;
    request something from homey, often used for debugging variables and modes
    ~ = Other internal maintenance Flows;
    Maintains correct mode settings between different modes, triggerd by other flows

Example of my flow list:

The reason for this is that I want homey to do as much as possible automatically without me needing to do or say to much. I want it to do more complex events that makes the correct response in different situations.

For example:
    I'm currently in "# day mode" with all the lights on, boiler on, windows open, stereo on music. And I am going to watch a movie. I say to homey it should start the movie. Homey changes to movie mode and automatically configures my house to movie configuration, dim lights, put lights off, close windows, turn of the boiler. Then after the movie, I don't want to say things like "open window, put boiler on, lights on"  I just want it to automatically return my home to the "# day mode". Unless it became evening, then it should return my home to "# sunset mode".

Examples of my Flows:

Manually arm my home with the "> Set armed mode"

Define mode" # armed mode"

Now my door alarm flow "! Door armed" will be activated. (in the future all doors, windows, motion sensor, etc will become active)

When intruder is detected:

Here I use {{$intruder}} in the text to message me where the intruder was detected.

I hope in the future to get a more clean "mode" structure, since setting the mode currently means that no other mode can be active. While I want it to also make difference in "# movie mode" while it is also "# day mode" or "# night mode".

I also hope Athom will do something about the Flow list, to enable grouping flows. Where I can group my different category's of flows.

• casedacaseda Member
    edited April 2016
    @AcE_Krystal ;;;;;
    so why don't you use the better variable app?
    then you can check for multiple variables (Boolean) to be true.
    like this:

and this:

Brightness 1 = 10%. (so you don't get blinded when movie night but need to pee ;) )
    Brightness 2 = 50%.

Word Translation for the non dutchies:
    WC = Toilet
    Donker = Dark (Night)
    Helderheid = Brightness
    Draai zandloper = Set Timer
  • @caseda ;
    Because it does exactly the same thing as the origenal "athom" card. And I rather stick to the origenal cards from athom since I expect they have already thought of features for the future and how they want to approach this.

So I rather go with the Athom way of thinking, stable testing, and wait for them to add new features that are supported globally and fit into the big picture. I'm unsure if I can use stuff like {{$foo}} with other logic systems.

Maybe a sorter version of the above answer: "not enough time"  :p

• MennoMenno Member
    Work in progress but working: When someone ring my Ring doorbell or there is some motion in front of my door Ring doorbell --> IFTTT --> Homey --> onkyo --> Pc with Ring camera playing on my tv

• keverjeroenkeverjeroen Member
    edited July 2016
    Made some flows to inform me when it starts raining. And it works! :)

p.s. flow 1 and flow 2 use 2 different ways to check if the humidity is higher/lower than 90. I did this to test both ways, and both seem to work.

Flow 1: When humidity is lower than 90 I guess it isn't raining.

Flow 2: When humidity is higher than 90 I guess it is raining.

Flow 3: Send me a messege when it's raining. For testing it is now pushbullet, later can Homey tell me via voice.

Flow 4: An extra flow so I can ask Homey if it's raining (regent het?)

• ZiglarZiglar Member
    Light in the darkness
    Very Simple, but maybe nice to share.
    these flows combine Fibaro motion sensor with KAKU.

# activate 2 flows when lumen gets below 2:

# fibaro motion turns on light:

# fibaro turns off light with 2 minutes delay:

#when it gets light, disables the 2 flows:

• jordenjorden Member
    The difference between 2 and 3 lux is very small... I used to have it make the lights go on at < 25 lux but didn't yet find that the perfect number.

Besides, by turning on the lights it will make the lux bigger... did you make a way around that?
  • aloftaloft Member
    I use -in a similar flow- the extra condition that if the lamp is not ON, only then act on the Lux changes. That way, the Lux doesn't influence flow behaviour when the light is on.