This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] Harmony Hub App (v1.0.4)

Comments

• Phuturist said:
    No, I was not using that card but still experienced the remote becoming unresponsive because of these request. I have not tested it with 0.8.32 but this issue seems unrelated to the Homey firmware. It would be nice to make this a setting in the Harmony Hub app so you can change the frequency to something that does not kill the remote functionality.
    Yes i have got the same feeling. I'm wondering if it's needed for the app if your are not using the activity changed option maybe brinkie can also let users decide if you want to use it. I only want to use the app for starting activities or turning of the devices.
  • thuijbers said:
    ... when I manually turn the devices off.
    What exactly do you mean by that?
  • Bumblez said:
    Hmm... do activities that are triggered from this app, not trigger the 'activity changed' event? I was trying to set up a generic audio feedback, but that doesn't appear to work...

[Edit] never mind... after a reboot, it's working now. Just not when I trigger 'turn off all devices' ... is that correct?
    Turning of all devices doesn't trigger the "Activity changed" card, no.
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited April 2016
    spoelly said:
    Phuturist said:
    No, I was not using that card but still experienced the remote becoming unresponsive because of these request. I have not tested it with 0.8.32 but this issue seems unrelated to the Homey firmware. It would be nice to make this a setting in the Harmony Hub app so you can change the frequency to something that does not kill the remote functionality.
    Yes i have got the same feeling. I'm wondering if it's needed for the app if your are not using the activity changed option maybe brinkie can also let users decide if you want to use it. I only want to use the app for starting activities or turning of the devices.

Getting the current activity shouldn't be a problem. A Hub allows 4 to 6 simultaneous connections, so opening a connection, getting the status and closing it immediately shouldn't be a problem.

If you guys feel your Hub is less responsive using the remote while the Harmony Hub App is active, there might be an issue in the App closing the connection. I'll investigate this, but don't expect a solution for the next week as I've got other plans.

• brinkie said:
    spoelly said:
    Phuturist said:

If you guys feel your Hub is less responsive using the remote while the Harmony Hub App is active, there might be an issue in the App closing the connection. I'll investigate this, but don't expect a solution for the next week as I've got other plans.

This was certainly the case before I updated to 0.8.32. After the upgrade I decided to reenable the app (had to disable it because of the WAF) but in this short period of time I did not see the issue return. I'll keep an eye out but I'll be away for holiday upcoming week so that will have to wait.
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    edited April 2016
    It would be nice if you can look at this when you have the time. I see the same sympthomes everyone discribed with 0.8.32. My harmony remote contact with the hub is limited.

But is the hub status activity pulling only for the activity changed option Brinkie? If yes you could make it optional in the app. 
  • spoelly said:
    It would be nice if you can look at this when you have the time. I see the same sympthomes everyone discribed with 0.8.32. My harmony remote contact with the hub is limited.

But is the hub status activity pulling only for the activity changed option Brinkie? If yes you could make it optional in the app. 
    Yes, it is. I'll consider that a fallback scenario if I can't find/resolve the issue.
  • MennoMenno Member
    I have a problem when I send commando nummeric 4 to my Entone DVR it sends 4 twice (also other numbers are send twice) is this a known problem /app problem or entone problem.

All activities seem to be working normally keep up the good work thanks!
  • Menno said:
    I have a problem when I send commando nummeric 4 to my Entone DVR it sends 4 twice (also other numbers are send twice) is this a known problem /app problem or entone problem.

All activities seem to be working normally keep up the good work thanks!
    Haven't heard it before.
  • nklerknklerk Member
    I am unable to pik the harmony card and drop it in the "...Then" section, When i come back to the flow editor one hour later i am sometimes able to drop the card in the "...Then" setion but only for one flow. i have to wait for another hour to be able to try again, this alsoapplies to the "...and" section although the "When..." section always works.

Looks like the Homey app run sume code when a card is picked up and couldnt finish or somthing.
    I have a "When harmony activity" flow active, could this be related?

Thanks for all the efforts put in this amazing app.!
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited May 2016
    @nklerk ;;
    have you seen that there are 2 different "harmony's" in your device list?
    one in the App section and on in the Devices section.

already been answered why this is in this very treath:
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/19714/#Comment_19714
  • nklerknklerk Member
    Wow, I am officially an idiot! thanks @caseda !
  • p0ntsp0nts Member
    from time to time I am unable to find my activities in my flows, after reinstalling the app and readding my hub it works again.

Any else experience this?
  • Seems to work now. Thats very nice. Now hope for tommorow
  • JonJon Member
    Hi @brinkie I have troubles selecting one of my Activities in a flow. I remember that some time ago (i believe right after installing your app for the 1st time) the activity was autocompleted when starting to type it. For example, one of my activities is called 'TV kijken' and as soon as writing 'TV...' it would allow me to select the corresponding TV kijken activity.
    Is there something I need to do to have this behaviour?
    (currently, although I type the Activity name 100% idential to how it's given in Harmony Hub, the activity-field blinks red after trying to save the flow).
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    Jon said:
    Hi @brinkie I have troubles selecting one of my Activities in a flow. I remember that some time ago (i believe right after installing your app for the 1st time) the activity was autocompleted when starting to type it. For example, one of my activities is called 'TV kijken' and as soon as writing 'TV...' it would allow me to select the corresponding TV kijken activity.
    (currently, although I type the Activity name 100% idential to how it's given in Harmony Hub, the activity-field blinks red after trying to save the flow).
    Sounds like the communication to the hub is not working. Have you tried removing and re-adding the hub device? Maybe the IP address of the hub changed?
  • Jon said:
    I had almost the same. It took some time before the selectionbox was there.
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    brinkie did you had some time to look at the issue i mentioned earlier?
  • JonJon Member
    Okay @brinkie I've removed and completely reinstalled the app (without any hassle) and added the hub again as a device. But now, for some odd reason, I can't even drag the Harmony 'block' in the 'then' column in a flow. It only allows me to drag the block in the 'if' column...
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    edited May 2016
    Do you have two hubs in the devices pane? select the other one ;)
  • markmgmarkmg Member
    Nice app only after a few days my harmony gets very slow and laggy, have others had this problem is there a fix for it ?
  • markmg said:
    Nice app only after a few days my harmony gets very slow and laggy, have others had this problem is there a fix for it ?
    It's a known issue. The Harmony app on the Homey queries the status of the hub every 5 seconds which eventually results in the remote becoming unresponsive. This querying is needed for the app to know the status of the hub but appearantly not all hubs can deal with this. Brinkie agreed to make this quering an optional setting as feature of the app so this will probably become available in a future release. Best advice for now (at least for me) is to disable the app until this update.
  • JonJon Member
    edited May 2016
    spoelly said:
    Do you have two hubs in the devices pane? select the other one
    Ah well, I see there is a Hub in de 'device' pane as well, it works now. I tried to use the one from the 'app' pane. That brings me to the question @Brinkie when to use the one from apps and when from devices?
  • BasPostBasPost Member
    edited May 2016
    @brinkie ;I have problems with the app on 0.8.34  
    In the settings>apps page I see a "!" on the app icon.  
    When I go to the Devices page, my Harmony device is gone. When I deactivate and re-activate the app. I works again, but after a couple of minutes, the same problem returns. I also tried to uninstall and reinstall the app. Rebooted and powercycled my Homey couple of times, it keeps disappearing.
  • brot84brot84 Member
    I had the same Problem with! On the App Icon, i have now Rest my Homey and now in the Flow Cards There found no Activity Name what i have saved in the Harmony App himself
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Could someone run the app through the commandline and see if errors are logged?
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited May 2016

After updating to 0.8.34 I can confirm the exclamation mark next to the app. If you hover it, it says: "This app has crashed". I'll investigate and see if I can find a cause.

• BumblezBumblez Member
    Could it be that it's the new App Watchdog that Athom added, that kills the app?
    "Added an App watchdog that kills apps abusing system resources"
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited May 2016
    Would Harmoney be using more then 100 MB or more then 80% CPU for 5 seconds?
  • brinkiebrinkie Member

Help needed!

I have updated the sources on GitHub. The only change I made is that I removed the "activity_changed" trigger. So far for me it feels a lot more stable. A side effect might be that phone apps and remotes controlling your Hub feel more responsive to your commands as well.

Can someone maybe try this version from GitHub on their Homey in debug, before I release it to the AppStore?