This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] Harmony Hub App (v1.0.4)

Comments

• It's probably caused by a bug in Homey, several apps are experiencing problems for the moment.
  • Aha, That's why I have so many issues. The buienradar app is also not working a lot of flows are sometimes working other times not. 
  • could it be possible to put a 'card in the WHEN selection' of the Flow editor which will show the activity that is running on that moment?

depending on the activity one could start for example some other flows.

for example my Vera controller looks what Harmony activity (Movie Night) is running and then starts is scenes (dimming Lights for watching a movie).
  • RoelofRos said:
    could it be possible to put a 'card in the WHEN selection' of the Flow editor which will show the activity that is running on that moment?

for example my Vera controller looks what Harmony activity (Movie Night) is running and then starts is scenes (dimming Lights for watching a movie).
    There already is a card for the IF column, that you can use to start to start a flow when the current activity changes? Would that be helpful in your case?
  • JonJon Member
    Jon said:
    @brinkie When I created a first 'Harmony' flow with 'TV kijken' as 1 of my activities, it showed me a dropdown with my activities so I could have it 'autofilled'. But when I wanted to create a second flow with another activity, I do not get the dropdown again and I seem to be unable to just 'type' my activity name. Do you recognize this?
    @brinkie I know that it's a known bug, but do you already know when it will be squashed, in which future release?
  • Jon said:
    Jon said:
    @brinkie When I created a first 'Harmony' flow with 'TV kijken' as 1 of my activities, it showed me a dropdown with my activities so I could have it 'autofilled'. But when I wanted to create a second flow with another activity, I do not get the dropdown again and I seem to be unable to just 'type' my activity name. Do you recognize this?
    @brinkie I know that it's a known bug, but do you already know when it will be squashed, in which future release?
    Nope, we'll just have to wait this one out.
  • JonJon Member
    edited April 2016
    brinkie said:
    Jon said:
    Jon said:
    Okay, I understand you're depending on 3rd parties (as in 'Athom') before this can be fixed?
  • brinkie said:
    RoelofRos said:
    could it be possible to put a 'card in the WHEN selection' of the Flow editor which will show the activity that is running on that moment?

There already is a card for the IF column, that you can use to start to start a flow when the current activity changes? Would that be helpful in your case?
    sorry but this would not be helpful,
    i would like to see which activity is currently running and depending on that take some actions.
  • RoelofRos said:
    brinkie said:
    RoelofRos said:

sorry but this would not be helpful,
    i would like to see which activity is currently running and depending on that take some actions.
    Ok, I'll add it to the backlog.
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited April 2016

Jon said:
    brinkie said:
    Jon said:
    Jon said:
    Okay, I understand you're depending on 3rd parties (as in 'Athom') before this can be fixed?
    Yes. The most obvious cause is the issue related to overly agressive gabage collection on Homey's end. It's very unlikely the issue is in the app.
  • brinkie said:

Jon said:
    brinkie said:
    Jon said:
    Jon said:
    Yes. The most obvious cause is the issue related to overly agressive gabage collection on Homey's end. It's very unlikely the issue is in the app.
    Latest development around this issue is a hunch it might be caused by a bug in the V8 javascript engine used by nodejs. It would require an update of nodejs which could very well have major impact and will take time. .. :neutral: 
  • hello, have installed the harmony app but in devices i cannot seem to connect it. 
    It keeps hanging on the "follow the instructions".. What to do?

• JonJon Member
    edited April 2016
    Jon said:
    I have installed the Harmony app and in 'devices' I'm trying to add it, but i get stuck in the 'spinning cog wheel' popup (with the 'next' button in right bottom corner). Any advice (perhaps @brinkie) on why my Harmony is not recognized by Homey / the Harmony app?
    As far as I can tell, both are in the same wifi network.
    EDIT: I have removed and reinstalled the Harmony App and now it recognized and added the Hub! Yoohoo!

Hey @Mister.Green Doing some reading pays off in the end... I had exactly the same. See here my solution.
  • i know but it was 11 pages :(. Kinda lazy, i know...but thanks!
  • I did it. But now he says after the instalation didnt work right away. Know he says: (red traigle) true? What does that mean?
  • petpet Member
    Read some more :wink:  on this topic
  • Oke did read it all now. Conclusion: my troubels I have to sit out. Till a next update. Because more users experience this problem. Is that correct?
  • Emile just said on Slack that the problem appears to be fixed in .30, and also the cpu-load went down a lot.
    Let's hope for a fast release :)
  • Its a tight community. Dont know if thats correct english but dutchs guys know what i mean 
  • Not sure if this is in any way possible but I'd like to see a card for the IF colomn with "if activity x is started" where x is the dropdown with configured activities. Is this possible?
  • Phuturist said:
    Not sure if this is in any way possible but I'd like to see a card for the IF colomn with "if activity x is started" where x is the dropdown with configured activities. Is this possible?
    That shouldn't be too hard. I already have an "activity changed" card so...
  • brinkie said:
    Phuturist said:
    Not sure if this is in any way possible but I'd like to see a card for the IF colomn with "if activity x is started" where x is the dropdown with configured activities. Is this possible?
    That shouldn't be too hard. I already have an "activity changed" card so...
    Yeah, kinda thought so. As I need differentiation between activities and follow up across this would be awesome.
  • WillWill Member
    Having trouble installing the Harmony app.
    Started this morning with a full reset.
    Firmware is 0.8.30
    Language: dutch
    Only way I know for installing is via appstore.

Won't install as first application, won't install as last application and all in between.
    Lots of reboots inbetween and still a no go.

Any help appreciated
  • Will said:
    Firmware is 0.8.30

Won't install as first application, won't install as last application and all in between.

Any help appreciated
    Exactly the same here!
  • Will said:
    Firmware is 0.8.30

Any help appreciated
    Do you get an error while installing, and if so, which?
  • That sounds like the read only folder bug. Unless other applications install fine?
  • WillWill Member
    I do get an error during install.
    After starting installation, it's taking way longer than other applications.

When trying again I either get the same error, or that an install process is already underway.
    Other applications like KAKU, Somfy, Elro, Milight and ICY E-thermostaat install fine.

• There is an issue where apps larger than 20mb won't install on firmware 0.8.30. Not everyone experiences it but this does sound like this issue. It will probably be fixed the upcoming week.
  • Same problem as @Will.
  • Hi @brinkie (and the rest),

My story with the Harmony app so far isn't a pleasant one :disappointed: And that's too bad because for me the Harmony app would have been a major plus for the Homey. 
    First time I installed it, the installation hang. Uninstalling and reinstalling did work (this was 2 weeks ago).
    I managed to get 1 activity working. But shortly after it didn't seem to connect to the Harmony Hub anymore (and new flows could not be created; a known issue, I know).
    I left the app alone for a week and didn't try to get it to work (there were still flows using Harmony Hub app, but afaik they have not been triggered). But I did notice that my Harmony Remote was having issues talking to the Harmony Hub. Commands didn't or barely get through. I got messages saying that I should move my remote closer to the hub, which is strange as there is max 3 meters between them and it has never been an issue. Putting the remote close to the Hub did not solve a thing. When I switched Homey off everything was working fine again. Restarting Homey again resulted in the same: connection problems :disappointed: 
    After I removed the Harmony Hub app the Harmony Hub seems to work again. With this I think I have pinpointed the issue to the Harmony Hub app. 

I understand that there are issues with the temporary storage preventing the app from being installed again. I will wait with reinstalling after these issues have been resolved. If there is anything I can do to help to find the cause of this, please let me know, I'm happy to help.

With kind regards,

Roel van den Berge