This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] Harmony Hub App (v1.0.4)

Comments

• MennoMenno Member
    @brinkie ;
    I'm more then willing to help you one sec and I will install it 
  • MennoMenno Member
    @brinkie ;
    do I have to delete the old one first or just install it?

• MennoMenno Member
    Just did install over old version
    Installation went fine
    and YESSSS the remote is reacting like it use to do
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    Menno said:
    Installation went fine
    Good to hear! Anyone else wanna give it a go?
  • MennoMenno Member
    Menno said:
    I have a problem when I send commando nummeric 4 to my Entone DVR it sends 4 twice (also other numbers are send twice) is this a known problem /app problem or entone problem.

All activities seem to be working normally keep up the good work thanks!

Problem fixed. for other people having trouble with entone and sending command in flow changed value from 1 to 0.
    Now sending commands in flow are working and more important my remote is still working

• brinkie said:
    Menno said:
    Installation went fine
    Good to hear! Anyone else wanna give it a go?
    I will for sure but not before Sunday evening as I'm away from home and my Homey is not reachable and needs a power cycle.
  • BasPostBasPost Member
    I really want to give it a go, but I'm new to the CLI install method.  
    I'm on a mac, can somebody pinpoint me to how to do the CLI install?
  • BasPost said:
    I really want to give it a go, but I'm new to the CLI install method.  
    I'm on a mac, can somebody pinpoint me to how to do the CLI install?
    Check Node.js version on Homey:
    Settings - System - Show Stuff for geeks - node_version

Install Node.js:
    Download Node.js (Homey's version) from https://nodejs.org/en/ and install it on your PC.

Download App.ZIP from GitHub (https://github.com/...)  to your PC:
    Click "Download ZIP"

Unpack ZIP:
    Unpack App.ZIP on your PC

Open Node.js command prompt, and install the athom-cli tools:
    npm install -g athom-cli

On the command prompt, log in to your Homey:
    athom login

Navigate to the 'root' folder of the App on your PC

For running project:
    athom project --run

For installing project:
    athom project --install

• BasPostBasPost Member
    @HansieNL Thank you very much, I successfully installed the updated app from github, I'm now going to test it
    @brinkie I will keep you posted
  • brot84brot84 Member
    For me it Works now again,thanks fort the fix, in the console i have at the  Start a cpuwarn but it works
  • BasPost said:
    @HansieNL Thank you very much, I successfully installed the updated app from github, I'm now going to test it
    @brinkie I will keep you posted
    You're welcome / Graag gedaan.
  • brot84brot84 Member
    I become This error when i Try , to Switch on the TV,with a speech Command harmony doesnt Do anything
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    brot84 said:
    I become This error when i Try , to Switch on the TV,with a speech Command harmony doesnt Do anything
    Did you use the latest sources (updated yesterday)? The "max-clients" error occurs when no connection could opened to the hub. Did you have other clients beside the remote and maybe some app connected to the hub? 
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    When will the update be released in the app store?
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited May 2016

Submitted v0.3.2 (submitted, awaiting approval)

- Removed "activity_changed" action card for now, because the polling was causing the app to crash (eventually) and the Hub to become less responsive.

• Not sure if posting this is usefull but the Github version 0.3.2 just crashed on firmware 0.8.35 with the following error:

Stack trace:

Error: MAX_CLIENTS=6
    at Connection.onStanza (/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/Connection.js:355:17)
    at StreamParser.<anonymous> (/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/Connection.js:226:10)
    at emitOne (events.js:77:13)
    at StreamParser.emit (events.js:169:7)
    at SaxLtx.<anonymous> (/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/StreamParser.js:58:14)
    at SaxLtx.emit (events.js:169:7)
    at SaxLtx._handleTagOpening (/node_modules/ltx/lib/parsers/ltx.js:31:18)
    at SaxLtx.write (/node_modules/ltx/lib/parsers/ltx.js:105:26)
    at StreamParser.write (/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/StreamParser.js:123:17)
    It crashed while trying to add the activity cart and I was calling the autocomplete functionality.
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    Phuturist said:
    Not sure if posting this is usefull but the Github version 0.3.2 just crashed on firmware 0.8.35 with the following error:

Stack trace:

at StreamParser.<anonymous> (/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/Connection.js:226:10)
    It crashed while trying to add the activity cart and I was calling the autocomplete functionality.

The error is clearly related to the number of connected clients. How many clients do you have that could have been connected (to the hub)?
    Think remote, apps, Homey...
  • brinkie said:
    Phuturist said:
    Not sure if posting this is usefull but the Github version 0.3.2 just crashed on firmware 0.8.35 with the following error:

Stack trace:

The error is clearly related to the number of connected clients. How many clients do you have that could have been connected (to the hub)?
    Homey app, the actual remote and possibly the Harmony smartphone app itself though I was not using that last one at the time of the crash.

I did click a couple of times in the auto complete field triggering multiple requests perhaps for available activities (I'm not the most patient guy).

Is the max clients a limit within the Homey app or of the hub itself?
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    Phuturist said:
    brinkie said:
    Phuturist said:

Stack trace:

Homey app, the actual remote and possibly the Harmony smartphone app itself though I was not using that last one at the time of the crash.

I did click a couple of times in the auto complete field triggering multiple requests perhaps for available activities (I'm not the most patient guy).

Is the max clients a limit within the Homey app or of the hub itself?
    It's a limit of the hub. The exception is throw by the hub (and not handled nicely by the app).
  • nklerknklerk Member
    Hi @Brinkie Since a few weeks (0.8.34, 0.8.35 maybe earlier but unsure) the app crashes on my homey to. Disabling and enabling the app works for a limited time but will result in an crash eventually. Luckily since 0.8.35 i am able to see an error so i can report back. 

Stack trace:

Error: Uncaught, unspecified "error" event. (XMPP authentication failure)
    at Client.emit (events.js:144:17)
    at Client._handleAuthState (/node_modules/node-xmpp-client/lib/Client.js:298:10)
    at Client._handleStanza (/node_modules/node-xmpp-client/lib/Client.js:234:12)
    at Client.onStanza (/node_modules/node-xmpp-client/lib/Client.js:222:8)
    at Connection.emit (events.js:169:7)
    at Connection.onStanza (/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/Connection.js:369:10)

Is there anything i can do to investigate the cause of this crash?
    Kind regards.
  • nklerknklerk Member
    It might be valuable information that i also have Domoticz running, and my Domoticz also has a connection to my harmony hub. With Domoticz i have to include my harmony User/Pass while i havent seen this on the homey app.
  • brinkiebrinkie Member

The cause of the crash is probably related to the polling for the current activity (every 5 sec). This behavior seems to make the app crash due to some memory leak.

Therefor in the recently submitted update (v0.3.2) this behavior is removed. Hopefully this will make the app stable again, so we can build from there.

If you don't want to wait until the update is approved, you can take it from GitHub as well.

• nklerknklerk Member
    Thanks @brinkie you are a hero!

My understanding was that the harmony hub sends out an activity changed XMPP message as soon as an activity changes. Is this correct? and if so what is the reason for polling opposed to listening in on the API?

• brinkiebrinkie Member
    nklerk said:
    Thanks @brinkie you are a hero!

My understanding was that the harmony hub sends out an activity changed XMPP message as soon as an activity changes. Is this correct? and if so what is the reason for polling opposed to listening in on the API?
    I'm using a NodeJS client library I found on GitHub (https://github.com/swissmanu/harmonyhubjs-client) for the communication with the hub. As far as I can tell this library doesn't expose any events.
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    Maybe this is also helpful:

https://github.com/sushilks/harmonyHubCLI
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    spoelly said:
    It uses the same client library as I do.
  • brinkiebrinkie Member

Announcement

Version v0.3.2 is now current. I'm looking forward on feedback about stability changes, positive or negative.

• brinkie said:

Announcement

Version v0.3.2 is now current. I'm looking forward on feedback about stability changes, positive or negative.

GitHub version has running rock solid and I havent heard the girlfriend complain about the remote so my issues seem fixed. :+1: 
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited May 2016
    Phuturist said:
    brinkie said:

Announcement

GitHub version has running rock solid and I havent heard the girlfriend complain about the remote so my issues seem fixed.
    Good to hear! That same version is now 'current' in the AppStore.