This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] Harmony Hub App (v1.0.4)

Comments

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited August 2016
    Phuturist said:

Have you checked the network tab of your browser to see if the request when clicking in the second field times out or something else happens (like permission etc.).
    Just checked in Chrome, this is what I get:
    - When I click the first field:

- When I click the second or third field after selecting a device in the first field:

So I guess something is not OK filling the second and third field...
  • Fire69 said:
    Phuturist said:

Have you checked the network tab of your browser to see if the request when clicking in the second field times out or something else happens (like permission etc.).
    Just checked in Chrome, this is what I get:
    - When I click the first field:

- When I click the second or third field after selecting a device in the first field:

So I guess something is not OK filling the second and third field...
    Now we something! Uri too large. Seems I need to limit the data sent somehow. Thanks for the data. I'll try fixing this in the next major release of the app.
  • brinkie said:
    Now we something! Uri too large. Seems I need to limit the data sent somehow. Thanks for the data. I'll try fixing this in the next major release of the app.
    Glad I can help :)
    Any idea when that release will be?  :p
  • Fire69 said:
    brinkie said:
    Glad I can help :)
    Any idea when that release will be?  :p
    Hopefully in a week or two...
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited August 2016
    Thanks for making the App !

I am in the process of migrating from my Domoticz setup to Homey. I have installed the Harmony App and would like to re-create the following Domotcz "flow":

What it does is simple: if I select the activity "Kodi" on my Logitech remote, this is seen by Domoticz, and this activates 3 actions:
    - it powers on a Raspberry Pi (via a Greenwave powernode)
    - it powers on a subwoofer (via a KaKu)
    - it powers on my TV

If the status changes to anything but Kodi (I press another activity on mt remote), it reverses the actions.

So, here is my "problem"...
    I can't re-create this seen in Homey via a flow, because I am not able to "read out" the status of the Harmony hub as a trigger. Or, put differently, how can I still use the remote control as a trigger in Homey?

• This feature was removed because it caused issues polling the hub. Somehow domoticz doesn't have this issue.

i solved a similar issue by using the onkyo app. But if you're not using a onkyo or other device that can tell what activity is active then I currently see no options :-(
  • nklerk said:
    This feature was removed because it caused issues polling the hub. Somehow domoticz doesn't have this issue.

i solved a similar issue by using the onkyo app. But if you're not using a onkyo or other device that can tell what activity is active then I currently see no options :-(
    It's interesting to know why Domoticz is not giving problems with the Harmony Hub though. For me the polling of the hub through the Homey Harmony app caused the hub to become unresponsive so I was glad the feature was removed. But I have also identified some scenarios where I'd like to have this functionality so it would be great if it could be brought back without the issue of the hub becoming unresponsive.
  • The "current activity changed" card will return in the next release of the app. I'm working on a rewrite of the entire app, to narrow the number of active connections to the (each) hub to one. Once that is done, it shouldn't be a problem anymore to re-introduce the polling functionality.
  • brinkie said:
    The "current activity changed" card will return in the next release of the app. I'm working on a rewrite of the entire app, to narrow the number of active connections to the (each) hub to one. Once that is done, it shouldn't be a problem anymore to re-introduce the polling functionality.
    Awesome brinkie! :+1: 
  • That is great nes @brinkie ;
    Thanks!
  • I noticed yesterday my tv wasn't turned off automatically with my 'goodnight' flow.
    Just checked and the app had crashed.
    Don't know if this is helpful?
    Stack trace:

Error: Uncaught, unspecified "error" event. (XMPP authentication failure)
    at Client.emit (events.js:144:17)
    at Client._handleAuthState (/node_modules/node-xmpp-client/lib/Client.js:298:10)
    at Client._handleStanza (/node_modules/node-xmpp-client/lib/Client.js:234:12)
    at Client.onStanza (/node_modules/node-xmpp-client/lib/Client.js:222:8)
    at emitOne (events.js:77:13)
    at Connection.emit (events.js:169:7)
    at Connection.onStanza (/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/Connection.js:369:10)
    at StreamParser.<anonymous> (/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/Connection.js:226:10)
    at emitOne (events.js:77:13)
    at StreamParser.emit (events.js:169:7)
  • Any news on the app ??

• Wip
  • Hi all

I have an IR Device into Harmony that is having commands like this: A1Off, A1On, A1Toggle, B1Off....
    I cannot find this commands into the harmony App, is finding only the device but no Type and no Command for selection.

Any chance to have this commands visible?

Tnx
  • viktor said:
    Hi all

I have an IR Device into Harmony that is having commands like this: A1Off, A1On, A1Toggle, B1Off....
    I cannot find this commands into the harmony App, is finding only the device but no Type and no Command for selection.

Any chance to have this commands visible?

Tnx
    Halleluja, I'm not the only one with this problem!!  :D
    I was thinking the problem was somewhere in the configuration of my hub, but apparently not... 
    @brinkie, would you have some time to look at this? 
    I really really (really!) need this to control my beamer  :#
  • Does anone else also have issues with Harmony app? on 0.10 ?

• Does anone else also have issues with Harmony app? on 0.10 ?

Yes, same here! 
  • Did you try removing your hub and adding it again? 
  • Same problem here to, removed hub and added  it again  didn't do the job 
  • edited September 2016
    Same problem with the HomeWizard app! "zet scene aan" "missing_listener"
  • This is probably due to to 0.10.0 update. It included an API change the app isn't aware of yet. I have to wait for the updated documentation so I can update the app accordingly.
  • Any progress here @brinkie ;
  • Sorry, Hope to find some time in the upcoming week. In between painting walls and hanging lamps in my new house.
  • Have fun  ;)
  • https://github.com/brinkie2004/com.logitech.harmony.hub/issues/1
    Some-one else could create a PR... Good luck in the new house...
  • Harmony Hub App v0.3.4 submitted for approval. Thanks to @Phuturist for the fix! Work on app rewrite continues.
  • Can you publish it @brinkie ? On slack i saw that the app was approved.
  • As soon as I get home ;-)
  • fair enough ;)