This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] Harmony Hub App (v1.0.4)

Comments

• MennoMenno Member
    Also using the github version of 0.3.2 and is working great!

Thanks to you I can now controle all my RF devices with homey (through harmony app)

• spoellyspoelly Member
    Working perfect over here!
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    Menno said:
    Also using the github version of 0.3.2 and is working great!

Thanks to you I can now controle all my RF devices with homey (through harmony app)

Great news!
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    spoelly said:
    Working perfect over here!
    Good! Thanks for the feedback!
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    edited May 2016
    one question though i don't see all my activities.. any idea's how this can happen?

Update:
    I can only see the first five activities, ik have a work arround by sorting them on my remote in a different way but is the list not greater then five activities?
  • MennoMenno Member
    I see a scrollbar don't you? are you using chrome?
  • phbphb Member
    I only  see  2 activities, I have 5
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    nope i don't see one, using chrome on a macbook
  • brinkiebrinkie Member

Submitted v0.3.3

- Small fix for possible app crash while bashing the "send activity" device selection box.

• Hey Guys,

Do you think this MM hub is a good deal? 

• brinkiebrinkie Member
    phb said:
    I only  see  2 activities, I have 5

Actually I have 5 and see them all. Never tested with 6 or more. I'd expect a scollbar to appear after a certain number of items. If not, this could be a browser related bug in the Homey web interface.

B.t.w. lights are currently not supported.

• spoellyspoelly Member
    edited May 2016
  • MennoMenno Member
    edited May 2016

windows 10 + chrome
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    Menno said:

windows 10 + chrome

What about the "device" field on the "send command" card?
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    I tested it now on a win10 + chrome device and see the scrollbars. Mac issue?
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    spoelly said:
    Sounds like it! Would you be so kind and go through the trouble of reporting it with Athom?
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    brinkie said:
    Menno said:

windows 10 + chrome

Same issue no scrollbars on mac
  • spoellyspoelly Member
    brinkie said:
    spoelly said:
    Sounds like it! Would you be so kind and go through the trouble of reporting it with Athom?
    Will do!
  • MennoMenno Member
    brinkie said:
    Menno said:

windows 10 + chrome

All have a scrollbar under windows + chrome (device + sort + command)
  • mglatmglat Member
    Hi Brinkie,
    I'm enjoying your app very much. Lot of possibilities with those two smart devices.
    i can't use the harmony device in the "..and.." Section of the flows.

it would be nice to check if a harmony activity is currently active.
  • JulianJulian Member
    edited June 2016
    mglat said:

it would be nice to check if a harmony activity is currently active.
    If you go back a bit in the topic you can read this feature was disabled for now because it resulted in a slow or non responsive hub where it would not (or very slowly) react to the remote). This was probably caused by the polling which would make the 'and' options possible.   
  • BasvanSBasvanS Member
    edited June 2016
    I get the following error Everytime i try to add my Hub:

Any thoughts?

Stack trace:

Error: MAX_CLIENTS=6
    at Connection.onStanza (/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/Connection.js:355:17)
    at StreamParser.<anonymous> (/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/Connection.js:226:10)
    at emitOne (events.js:77:13)
    at StreamParser.emit (events.js:169:7)
    at SaxLtx.<anonymous> (/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/StreamParser.js:58:14)
    at SaxLtx.emit (events.js:169:7)
    at SaxLtx._handleTagOpening (/node_modules/ltx/lib/parsers/ltx.js:31:18)
    at SaxLtx.write (/node_modules/ltx/lib/parsers/ltx.js:105:26)
    at StreamParser.write (/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/StreamParser.js:123:17),Error: MAX_CLIENTS=6
    at Connection.onStanza (/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/Connection.js:355:17)
    at StreamParser.<anonymous> (/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/Connection.js:226:10)
    at StreamParser.emit (events.js:169:7)
  • BasvanS said:

Any thoughts?

Stack trace:

at StreamParser.write (/node_modules/node-xmpp-core/lib/StreamParser.js:123:17),Error: MAX_CLIENTS=6

There are already too many other devices (like smart phones, tablets, Domoticz, etc.) connected to your Harmony Hub. The Harmony Hub only allows 6 connections at the same time.
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited June 2016
    Phuturist said:
    BasvanS said:

Any thoughts?

Stack trace:

There are already too many other devices (like smart phones, tablets, Domoticz, etc.) connected to your Harmony Hub. The Harmony Hub only allows 6 connections at the same time.

I see this error many times a day (meaning many different users suffer from this). I'm guessing the app somehow doesn't release its connections in an optimal way, resulting in too many connection errors.

The next update of the Harmony Hub App will include an internal shift from short used connections to one maintained overall connection. Right now the App opens a connection when needed and immediately closes it. The shift would be to open a connection when the app starts and close it when the app is closed (effectively when Homey is restarted, the app is uninstalled or the connection was lost somehow). This will also re-enable me to reinvoke the "activity changed" flow card.

• brinkie said:
    Phuturist said:
    BasvanS said:

Any thoughts?

Stack trace:

I see this error many times a day (meaning many different users suffer from this). I'm guessing the app somehow doesn't release its connections in an optimal way, resulting in too many connection errors.

The next update of the Harmony Hub App will include an internal shift from short used connections to one maintained overall connection. Right now the App opens a connection when needed and immediately closes it. The shift would be to open a connection when the app starts and close it when the app is closed (effectively when Homey is restarted, the app is uninstalled or the connection was lost somehow). This will also re-enable me to reinvoke the "activity changed" flow card.

Sounds good but how would this behave if the hub is disconnected from power overnight (I'm a power saving sucker). Will the app setup a new connection once it comes online again? 
  • Phuturist said:
    brinkie said:
    Phuturist said:
    BasvanS said:

Any thoughts?

Stack trace:

Sounds good but how would this behave if the hub is disconnected from power overnight (I'm a power saving sucker). Will the app setup a new connection once it comes online again? 

of course :)
  • OskarOskar Member
    I like your app a lot and use it everyday now. works really well !  Thanks for putting the effort in making it even better.
    One issue I seem to have is that the app crashes when I try to add an action on miscelaneous buttons for one  of my devices, a Denon amplifier. In previous versions this seemed to be working.

What I'm actually trying to do is adding a button from my Denon amplifier, or even better a sequence I added in the harmony hub for using on my remote, which I now want to use based via voice activation on Homey. It looks like not all buttons, or programmed sequences for a device/activity are available in the app?
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited June 2016
    Oskar said:
    I like your app a lot and use it everyday now. works really well !  Thanks for putting the effort in making it even better.
    One issue I seem to have is that the app crashes when I try to add an action on miscelaneous buttons for one  of my devices, a Denon amplifier. In previous versions this seemed to be working.

What I'm actually trying to do is adding a button from my Denon amplifier, or even better a sequence I added in the harmony hub for using on my remote, which I now want to use based via voice activation on Homey. It looks like not all buttons, or programmed sequences for a device/activity are available in the app?
    Thanks, glad you like it! That sounds like a very specific issue. Nothing related to that functionality has been changed in the recent releases though. Do you have any programming skills yourself? If so, that would allow you to maybe debug it yourself to see what's going wrong.
  • OskarOskar Member
    brinkie said:
    Oskar said:

Thanks, glad you like it! That sounds like a very specific issue. Nothing related to that functionality has been changed in the recent releases though. Do you have any programming skills yourself? If so, that would allow you to maybe debug it yourself to see what's going wrong.
    I have only very basic programming skills. A few instructions would be helful, so I can do the debugging and/or send you a logfile?.