This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] Harmony Hub App (v1.0.4)

Comments

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited December 2016
    Fire69 said:
    Fire69 said:
    brinkie said:

Could you try the new app code on GitHub then? That works for me (just in a browser).
    I'll give it a try :)
    Stack trace:

Exit code: 1
    Exit signal: null
    No more crash after removing/adding hub again (redo my flows  :|)
    But still no autofill.
    Console still has the same error about the response being too long:
    https://56xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx9.homey.athom.com/api/manager/flow/card/home…5D=BenQProjector&args%5BcontrolGroup%5D=&args%5Baction%5D=&_=1482928387799 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 414 (Request-URI Too Large)
    When I run it from CLI (I installed it to try and solve the crashing) and use autocomplete it crashed again:
    Initializing Harmony Hub app...
    Listening for triggers...
    Initializing Harmony Hub app completed.
    Previously paired 1 hub(s).
    Discovering hubs...
    Finding device on 192.168.1.9...
    TypeError: Cannot read property 'client' of undefined
        at Object.module.exports.autocompleteDevice (/drivers/hub/driver.js:232:43)
        at Object.<anonymous> (/app.js:34:63)
        at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
        at Object.emit (events.js:172:7)
        at /homey-app/manager/flow.js:1:417
        at /homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:1077
        at Array.forEach (native)
        at process.<anonymous> (/homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:1046)
        at process.emit (events.js:172:7)
    Stopped listening for hubs.
    Discovered 1 hub(s).
    Finding previously paired hub with id: 6c661195-56c5-4fff-990e-1ef6dc587428
    Initializing device...
    Device and client initialized.

--- INFO: com.logitech.harmony.hub has been killed ---
    -------------------------------------------------
  • Fire69 said:
    Fire69 said:
    Fire69 said:
    brinkie said:

Could you try the new app code on GitHub then? That works for me (just in a browser).
    I'll give it a try :)
    Stack trace:

No more crash after removing/adding hub again (redo my flows  :|)
    But still no autofill.
    Console still has the same error about the response being too long:
    https://56xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx9.homey.athom.com/api/manager/flow/card/home…5D=BenQProjector&args%5BcontrolGroup%5D=&args%5Baction%5D=&_=1482928387799 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 414 (Request-URI Too Large)
    When I run it from CLI (I installed it to try and solve the crashing) and use autocomplete it crashed again:
    Initializing Harmony Hub app...
    Listening for triggers...
    Initializing Harmony Hub app completed.
    Previously paired 1 hub(s).
    Discovering hubs...
    Finding device on 192.168.1.9...
    TypeError: Cannot read property 'client' of undefined
        at Object.module.exports.autocompleteDevice (/drivers/hub/driver.js:232:43)
        at Object.<anonymous> (/app.js:34:63)
        at Object.emit (events.js:172:7)
        at /homey-app/manager/flow.js:1:417
        at /homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:1077
        at Array.forEach (native)
        at process.<anonymous> (/homey-app/helpers/client.js:1:1046)
        at process.emit (events.js:172:7)
    Stopped listening for hubs.
    Discovered 1 hub(s).
    Finding previously paired hub with id: 6c661195-56c5-4fff-990e-1ef6dc587428
    Initializing device...
    Device and client initialized.

--- INFO: com.logitech.harmony.hub has been killed ---
    -------------------------------------------------
    Hmm, I might need to trim the device data to the absolutely needed to shorten the request. If you'd remove devices from the hub, it might work as expected, but I can understand you might not want to test that :-)
  • brinkie said:
    Hmm, I might need to trim the device data to the absolutely needed to shorten the request. If you'd remove devices from the hub, it might work as expected, but I can understand you might not want to test that :-)
    Not very eager to do that, no :smiley:

I don't have an abnormal amount of devices, currently 7.
    How many do others have?
  • Also 7 devices over here.. not testing yet
  • I just submitted v1.0.0 of the Harmony Hub App to the app store for approval. It contains one major change:

* App rewritten so it uses only one connection for each hub (hopefully preventing a lot of app crashes).

PLEASE NOTE THIS RELEASE REQUIRES RE-ADDING YOUR HUB(S)!

*** Happy New Year everybody ***

• spoellyspoelly Member
    edited January 2017
     <3 2017 is getting better every minute ;)
  • Very nice!!!
    Thanks for the cool New Year's present ;)
  • Ronald said:
    not getting it to work

Have you first removed and readded your hub?
  • RonaldRonald Member
    edited January 2017
    brinkie said:
    Ronald said:
    not getting it to work

Have you first removed and readded your hub?
    no I didn't but i removed it later and reinstalled it, same problem.

from the moment i want to choose a device in start an activity  i getting the red triangle
  • Same problems here
  • app 1.0 crashed when trying to select device in flow
  • Stack trace:

Error: read ECONNRESET
    at exports._errnoException (util.js:907:11)
    at TCP.onread (net.js:557:26)

• @brinkie it's not on you, but i am very unpleased that Athom let this go in to the app store. Developers can make mistakes and thing should be tested before placing it in the appstore. Homey is now in retail this should not happen. Maybe Athom would be wise to add a beta channel to the Appstore so that users can test this more before retail users get the update of an app. 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited January 2017
    spoelly said:
    @brinkie it's not on you, but i am very unpleased that Athom let this go in to the app store. Developers can make mistakes and thing should be tested before placing it in the appstore. Homey is now in retail this should not happen. Maybe Athom would be wise to add a beta channel to the Appstore so that users can test this more before retail users get the update of an app. 
    C'mon: it's always Athoms fault? You think @brinkie did this on purpose and Athom should have caught this? Athom can't test all possible scenario's at the office before releasing an app? If there's one thing you can say then it's that @brinkie should have pulled his submission for approval from the appstore after he saw there might be something wrong judging @Ronald 's post who did install from CLI instead of appstore... But then it got approved too soon, before it could be retracted. Or submitted too soon without enough people installing it through the CLI. Things like this happen, no-one to blame imho...
  • BTW: Ik like your idea of an appstore for beta channel but we have that already using github and the CLI, don't we? It's not that hard to install through CLI...
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited January 2017

I do see your point here. To prevent issues maybe I could have added a special clean-up method to remove the old devices. On the other hand, the app used to be pre-1.0 and the internals had to change for this release. It would have taken a significant amount of work to be backwards compatible with pre-1.0 app settings.

I did add an extra release note about the requirement to remove and re-add your hub. If you find any issues after doing that, please let me know here (including the hoover text of a red triangle next to the app). That would be very useful.

• Ihave a new problem now and that is   cant select any command

Heeft iemand een idee ??
  • Several people (including me) have had this for some time.
    Did it work for you before the new version got released??

It's a strange thing, for some it works, for others it doesn't.
  • it has worked, before the update .And now nothing works any more,
    only the scene's works proper,
  • I have almost the same issue but with a slight difference. I have re-added my Hub after updating and initially I had the app crashing when selecting my Haromy Hub in the flow editor. But after I restarted the app that does not seem to happen anymore. My problem now is that there are no action cards available in the app to use in the flow. So there is no way for me to send commands from a flow.

(and throwing mud around does not help anyone, stuff like this happens with software development)
  • Guys, it was not giving @brinkie any blame on this. I am very pleased on his effort on building this app. My feedback/criticism for athom you can have different opinion on this and i respect this. But come on, they went retail and then consumers will expect that things just work.

For the record i am not a retail user, but it helps to sometimes act as one. Which should have a positive affect on the community devs for making their apps perfect.

Enough said, let get back on topic.

Got the app working again on my homey. Deleted it en added it again from the appstore it's working again.
    Removing the hub the first time after the normal update through the appstore had some abnormal behavior.. Will test the other features and report it when something is buggy..

@brinkie appreciate your work on this project! 
  • Phuturist said:
    I have almost the same issue but with a slight difference. I have re-added my Hub after updating and initially I had the app crashing when selecting my Haromy Hub in the flow editor. But after I restarted the app that does not seem to happen anymore. My problem now is that there are no action cards available in the app to use in the flow. So there is no way for me to send commands from a flow.

(and throwing mud around does not help anyone, stuff like this happens with software development)
    Nevermind this, seems this version brought two options in the flow menu, one under apps and one under devices. I was trying to add the app instead of the device to the action column. Everything seems normal for me but have not tested it thoroughly. Cant wait to start using the new functionality!
  • ErikB said:
    Ihave a new problem now and that is   cant select any command

Heeft iemand een idee ??
    Same problem here
  • Avond all.

Ik ga nu even in het Nederlands verder dan uit ik me misschien wat handiger ;-)
    Als je de officele app gebruikt om Homey te benaderen dan kan je dus geen enkele commando oproepen in de logitech Hub
    Waarom  werkt het wel met Firefox,,, als je Homey benader met Firefox dan heb je wel alle commando"s

misschien de oplossing ??????
    Werd een beetje gek dacht laat ik even echt iets geks proberen  ,aangezien Ir niet werkt van de homey

• in chrome its working for me also, it's something with the homey app. Could you report it on Github (homey) ErikB?
  • ErikBErikB Member
    edited January 2017
    Ps it works also in chrome
  • ErikB said:
    Avond all.

Ik ga nu even in het Nederlands verder dan uit ik me misschien wat handiger ;-)
    Als je de officele app gebruikt om Homey te benaderen dan kan je dus geen enkele commando oproepen in de logitech Hub
    Waarom  werkt het wel met Firefox,,, als je Homey benader met Firefox dan heb je wel alle commando"s

misschien de oplossing ??????
    Werd een beetje gek dacht laat ik even echt iets geks proberen  ,aangezien Ir niet werkt van de homey

In english please.
  • @olive are you using the browser or the homey desktop app to connect to homey?
  • ErikBErikB Member
    edited January 2017
    yep that was the trick  to use the browser and not the  desktop app