This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] Harmony Hub App (v1.0.4)

Comments

• ErikB said:
    Avond all.

Ik ga nu even in het Nederlands verder dan uit ik me misschien wat handiger ;-)
    Als je de officele app gebruikt om Homey te benaderen dan kan je dus geen enkele commando oproepen in de logitech Hub
    Waarom  werkt het wel met Firefox,,, als je Homey benader met Firefox dan heb je wel alle commando"s

misschien de oplossing ??????
    Werd een beetje gek dacht laat ik even echt iets geks proberen  ,aangezien Ir niet werkt van de homey

What the hell... I've been trying to do this in Chrome since the beginning, never worked.
    Just tried it now and it's working!  :o

@brinkie, could something have changed in v1.0 to get this working now? :smile:
  • spoelly said:
    @olive are you using the browser or the homey desktop app to connect to homey?
    Desktop app! I try now the browser.
  • Browser works for me :) , desktop app didn't.
  • oliveolive Member
    edited January 2017
    Browser works for me :) , desktop app didn't.
    Same Here. Thanks @brinkie for the great work. :)
  • OpenMind_NLOpenMind_NL Member
    edited January 2017
    I have the same "problem" on my Win10 laptop. Command-setting works fine with Chrome and it doesn't work fine with the desktop app. Maybe the desktop app is a shell around the default browser that is set in Windows (or any OS)? On my laptop that's still Internet Explorer 11, which is getting more outdated by the day. 
    BTW: The Harmony App works fine with my Homey/Harmony setup... just like the previous one. Never had any error-message... using Homey since december 1.
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited January 2017
    Good to read people are finding solutions for their issues with the transition to the new Harmony Hub app v1.0.0.

I'll be monitoring the errors in my mailbox for the next few days. Hopefully the number of error reports will decrease as the days go by.

I have seen the issue with selecting commands using the official Homey app myself as well btw, where it does work through a browser. I have not been able to debug this yet unfortunately. Has anyone reported this to Athom?
  • Phuturist said:
    Phuturist said:
    I have almost the same issue but with a slight difference. I have re-added my Hub after updating and initially I had the app crashing when selecting my Haromy Hub in the flow editor. But after I restarted the app that does not seem to happen anymore. My problem now is that there are no action cards available in the app to use in the flow. So there is no way for me to send commands from a flow.

(and throwing mud around does not help anyone, stuff like this happens with software development)
    Nevermind this, seems this version brought two options in the flow menu, one under apps and one under devices. I was trying to add the app instead of the device to the action column. Everything seems normal for me but have not tested it thoroughly. Cant wait to start using the new functionality!
    Actually those two "versions" represent two different things:

The "Logitech Harmony Hub" under Apps section represents the driver and can be used to add the "Activity changed" trigger to the "If..." column of a flow.

The second "Harmony Hub" under "Devices" section represents an actual hub (so there can be more than one of these!). This card can be used to trigger a specific hub through the "Than..." column of a flow.

Hope this helps...
  • For me chrome or Firefox doesn't work. De box "Opdracht" shows no values. In the previous version this works fine. How can I fix this so I can use my flows again?

• 2Be2Be Member
    @Robbertos
    You can try t disable and enable the app in settings. This worked for me. And using the chrome browser on Osx in stead off the Homey app.
  • Unfortunately your solution doesn’t work for me. Disable and enable still get no values. I use chrome.

• Robbertos said:

Unfortunately your solution doesn’t work for me. Disable and enable still get no values. I use chrome.

Is your Harmony Hub itself up to date with the latest firmware?
  • Phuturist said:
    Robbertos said:

Unfortunately your solution doesn’t work for me. Disable and enable still get no values. I use chrome.

Is your Harmony Hub itself up to date with the latest firmware?
    yes I think so. When I open the app on my Iphone it check for updates. 
  • And you are logged in when in the browser?
  • @Robbertos delete the app and install it again from the store. Hopefully that will help.
  • You could also try to reboot your hub to make sure there are no active connections that are blocking the request for the drop down. And wait a couple of seconds after you click on the drop down field to give it time to retrieve the values.
  • I already reinstalled the app. I will try to reboot the hub when I am home again. Thx. 

• ErikBErikB Member
    edited January 2017

• ErikB said:
    maybe  you must update the hub ,,,when you check it whith the app,it update the app and not the hub
    try it ,nee heb je ja ken je krijgen ;-)
    I will do! inderdaad <span>:smile:</span>
  • pauluspaulus Member
    edited January 2017
    since the 1.1.2 update is harmony hub not working anymore have more people this problem?

• I have a issue after sometime of use that the hub does not response on Homey commands. Restarting the apps solves the problem. But this is not how sjould work or it worked i 0.3.4 of the app
  • paulus said:
    since the 1.1.2 update is harmony hub not working anymore have more people this problem?

Have you removed the hub and readded it?
  • spoelly said:
    I have a issue after sometime of use that the hub does not response on Homey commands. Restarting the apps solves the problem. But this is not how sjould work or it worked i 0.3.4 of the app
    Does the app show an error in the Apps section (red triangle)?
  • yes, also restarting homey.
  • red triangle, yes
  • I harmony app installed back but still the flow no longer works. what is gone is the red triangle
  • solved :-) ptp can do wonders
  • Robbertos said:

I already reinstalled the app. I will try to reboot the hub when I am home again. Thx. 

Now it works because I am at home. When i'm not the "Opdracht" stays empty. 
  • @brinkie yup it does

Stack trace:

Error: read ECONNRESET
    at exports._errnoException (util.js:907:11)
    at TCP.onread (net.js:557:26)

Exit code: 1
    Exit signal: null
  • spoelly said:
    @brinkie yup it does

Stack trace:

I can confirm this issue, the app crashed some time during the day with this same error.
  • Phuturist said:
    spoelly said:
    @brinkie yup it does

Stack trace:

I can confirm this issue, the app crashed some time during the day with this same error.
    I haven't seen this yet, but I'll see if I can find a cause for this.