This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] Harmony Hub App (v1.0.4)

Comments

• Fire69 said:
    @brinkie, the app isn't working anymore for me (shouldn't have said the install-error isn't a problem  :p ).
    I checked in a flow, when I try to add an activity, the autocomplete list only has <missing_listener> in it.
    I removed the hub and added it again (it was found without a problem), but this hasn't solved the problem.
    Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce the issue. Can you tell me if you still have this issue? If so, does it occur both with the "Start an activity" and the "Send a command" card?
  • I have similar issues. My drop downs are empty as well. I'll test later today and report back if nobody else beats me to it.
  • brinkie said:
    Fire69 said:
    @brinkie, the app isn't working anymore for me (shouldn't have said the install-error isn't a problem  :p ).
    I checked in a flow, when I try to add an activity, the autocomplete list only has <missing_listener> in it.
    I removed the hub and added it again (it was found without a problem), but this hasn't solved the problem.
    Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce the issue. Can you tell me if you still have this issue? If so, does it occur both with the "Start an activity" and the "Send a command" card?
    Yep, problem is still there.
    It's with both cards. And with the "send a command" card, it's in all 3 fields.
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited April 2016
    Ik heb wat verder getest maar na het opnieuw toevoegen van de Harmony Hub werkt het bij mij weer volledig naar behoren. Ik zal even in de gaten blijven houden of dit ook het geval blijft.

(negeer de bijlage bij deze post, die kan ik niet verwijderen).
  • Phuturist said:
    Ik heb wat verder getest maar na het opnieuw toevoegen van de Harmony Hub werkt het bij mij weer volledig naar behoren. Ik zal even in de gaten blijven houden of dit ook het geval blijft.

So you removed the Harmony Hub device, readded it and then it worked again? Maybe you can try this too, @Fire69?
  • Tried that yesterday already (as I said in my post  :D
    I'll try it again now. 
  • brinkie said:
    Phuturist said:

So you removed the Harmony Hub device, readded it and then it worked again? Maybe you can try this too, @Fire69?
    Sorry about the Dutch there, but yes that is exactly what I did and all is working fine for me now.
  • Removed/added the app, this solved the problem.
    Hope it stays ok, I had to redo all my flows because (obviously) my activity card disappeared from all the flows :)
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited April 2016
    Fire69 said:
    Removed/added the app, this solved the problem.
    Hope it stays ok, I had to redo all my flows because (obviously) my activity card disappeared from all the flows
    Not to tease you or anything, but the cards would problably have reappeared automatically...

Glad your issue is resolved though!
  • brinkie said:
    Fire69 said:
    Hope it stays ok, I had to redo all my flows because (obviously) my activity card disappeared from all the flows
    Not to tease you or anything, but the cards would problably have reappeared automatically...

Damnit!  Seriously?  When I deleted the app, it said I would loose all related data...
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited April 2016
    Fire69 said:
    brinkie said:
    Fire69 said:

Damnit!  Seriously?  When I deleted the app, it said I would loose all related data...
    It's like when debugging the app. In that process the app is deleted and reinstalled. The cards disappear from the flows, but after reinstall reappear automatically. I've never had to recreate my flows.
  • WillWill Member
    When I deleted and reinstalled the app, I had to add my hub and flowcards again.
    So no reappearing here.
  • I have the same problem of randomly needing to reboot homey and/or hub to make auto complete work again.
    Flow's stop working because of this. Homey v.29.
    When i delete and reinstall the app my flow cards aren't reappearing. 
  • EdTstEdTst Member
    This great app also stopped working for me. Haven't tested a wipe, because it's too much trouble for now.
  • To bad the app stopped working for you. Like I said I can't reproduce the issue (couldn't with 0.8.27 and can't with 0.8.29). I don't think there is much I can do for you at the moment. Maybe @Emile has any suggestions on how to proceed?
  • Could this be related to what users are experiencing with BetterLogic? Disappearing variables ? 
  • Fire69 said:
    Could this be related to what users are experiencing with BetterLogic? Disappearing variables ? 
    My thought exactly. I'm gonna see if I can reproduce this for the harmony app again and if the errors or behavior have something in common.

• Phuturist said:
    Fire69 said:
    Could this be related to what users are experiencing with BetterLogic? Disappearing variables ? 
    My thought exactly. I'm gonna see if I can reproduce this for the harmony app again and if the errors or behavior have something in common.

That would be very helpful!
  • Ok, here are my findings. The issue with the Harmony Hub app is a random issue. Sometimes the autocomplete field works and gives me the rights values and sometimes it doesnt. When it doesnt work it is caused by a time out of a pending AJAX request to the Homey Manager API when clicking on the autocomplete field (it takes exactly 4 minutes for this request to time out). I have included the request headers as attachment for reference.

When the BetterLogic app loses the variables it also shows a pending GET request which eventually times out (for a screenshot of this error look here). The same core file seems to be responsible for the timeout, it's the main API javascript file at /manager/api/assets/js/api.js. To be exact, this function seems to be causing it:
    var api = window.Homey.api = function(e, n, o, t) {
        "function" == typeof o && (t = o,
        o = void 0),
        "function" != typeof t && (t = function() {}
        ),
        "/" == n.charAt(0) && (n = n.substr(1)),
        n = "/api/" + n,
        n += n.indexOf("?") > -1 ? "&_=" + (new Date).getTime() : "?_=" + (new Date).getTime();
        var i = new XMLHttpRequest;
        i.open(e, n, !0),
        i.setRequestHeader("Content-Type", "application/json; charset=utf-8"),
        i.setRequestHeader("Authorization", "Bearer " + window.bearer_token),
        i.onload = function() {
            var r = JSON.parse(i.responseText);
            "function" == typeof getCookie && "1" == getCookie("homey_devmode") && console.info(new Date, "api", e, n, o, i.status, r),
            i.status >= 200 && i.status < 400 ? t(null , r.result) : t(r.result || r, null )
        }
        i.onerror = function() {
            t(!0, null )
        }
        o ? i.send(JSON.stringify(o)) : i.send()
    }
    Hopefully this helps @Emile, @brinkie or @Uranday to resolve the issue with these apps that occured after the 0.8.27 update.

• JonJon Member
    edited April 2016
    I have installed the Harmony app and in 'devices' I'm trying to add it, but i get stuck in the 'spinning cog wheel' popup (with the 'next' button in right bottom corner). Any advice (perhaps @brinkie) on why my Harmony is not recognized by Homey / the Harmony app?
    As far as I can tell, both are in the same wifi network.
    EDIT: I have removed and reinstalled the Harmony App and now it recognized and added the Hub! Yoohoo! ;)

• Thanks for looking into this @Phuturist. The function you refer to is probably responsible for handeling all app-api calls. If the Harmony Hub app (or the Harmony Hub itself for that matter) would timeout for some reason, it might result in an error in that function. Four minutes seems like an awful long time though. When I have time I'll try to reproduce it again.

• JonJon Member
    @brinkie When I created a first 'Harmony' flow with 'TV kijken' as 1 of my activities, it showed me a dropdown with my activities so I could have it 'autofilled'. But when I wanted to create a second flow with another activity, I do not get the dropdown again and I seem to be unable to just 'type' my activity name. Do you recognize this?
  • I cannot add Harmony to my devices.. Tried uninstalling but didn't work..
    I can click on it and then i get the sceen "Follow the instructions" and it doesn't continue..
    see attachment.

Please help:)

• JonJon Member
    Jon said:
    I have installed the Harmony app and in 'devices' I'm trying to add it, but i get stuck in the 'spinning cog wheel' popup (with the 'next' button in right bottom corner). Any advice (perhaps @brinkie) on why my Harmony is not recognized by Homey / the Harmony app?
    As far as I can tell, both are in the same wifi network.
    EDIT: I have removed and reinstalled the Harmony App and now it recognized and added the Hub! Yoohoo! ;)

Hey @willem138 Doing some reading pays off in the end... ;) I had exactly the same. See here my solution.
  • As I said.. I already tried uninstalling and installing again..
    But I keep having the same problem.. I get stuck in the spinning cog wheel..
  • willem138 said:
    As I said.. I already tried uninstalling and installing again..
    But I keep having the same problem.. I get stuck in the spinning cog wheel..
    You problably suffer from the well known app instalation issue. Are you able to run the app in dev mode from the sources on GitHub?
  • JonJon Member
    hi @brinkie would you also have some advice on my issue from 9.53h this morning?
  • Jon said:
    hi @brinkie would you also have some advice on my issue from 9.53h this morning?
    It's a known issue. Just read my latest post in this thread.
  • JonJon Member
    edited April 2016

Oops sorry, wrong post
  • Have more people issues with this app that it stop working? Sometimes it does not work anymore and spontaneously it works again or after a re-install.