This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Official

[APP Z-Wave] Danfoss LC12/LC13 Z-Wave devices - Main discussion topic

Comments

• casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    @tpillen ;;
    for @Emile z-wave is next on his list, so it will probably only take a few weeks at max, and it has gotten way better, a lot more stable and more dynamic.

There is just a lot of things to write for, there are over 100 command classes all very different, with most classes up to 3 versions (some to 4 versions).
    They didn't implement everything at the same time because then it still wouldn't be finished so they did the ones that were used the most.

When finished homey will be able to (fully) control ALL z-wave devices if there is an app for it, there is no other controller out there that can do the same.
  • Well, i know that they are very busy.  But "when finished" is most of the time a long long journey...

My point is that i don't like the idea that after new firmware has been called stable that some features that worked before, won't be working anymore. If that is the case, in my opinion it is not stable and must be only available to the experimental channel. So if ik takes only a few weeks for them to add the danfoss lc13 support again, they should wait before upgrading the "normal" users with the new "stable" firmware. 

Maybe they are doing that, but in the statement from @emile he wrote that it will propably become stable at the end of this week. So then i would loose my danfoss lc13 support for at least a few weeks, probably a few months (before someone wrote a working app). And with the current cold weather i don't want to loose support of the danfoss for that long.
  • The plan is that it become stable today. https://forum.athom.com/discussion/2007/homey-v0-10-3

A same situation has happened to me. They declare a version stable after repairing one big bug for a "majority" of users. That broke my KaKu stuff totally. Homey blocked even the nearby wall switches.

Normally you are exiting what a new version will bring. Here is it more fear in what is broken this time.
    Now I am waiting for a "stable" version for months but I think, reading this, it can wait.
  • Well, i know that they are very busy.  But "when finished" is most of the time a long long journey...

My point is that i don't like the idea that after new firmware has been called stable that some features that worked before, won't be working anymore. If that is the case, in my opinion it is not stable and must be only available to the experimental channel. So if ik takes only a few weeks for them to add the danfoss lc13 support again, they should wait before upgrading the "normal" users with the new "stable" firmware. 

Maybe they are doing that, but in the statement from @emile he wrote that it will propably become stable at the end of this week. So then i would loose my danfoss lc13 support for at least a few weeks, probably a few months (before someone wrote a working app). And with the current cold weather i don't want to loose support of the danfoss for that long.
  • Sorry, previous message sent twice.
  • tpillen said:
    Maybe they are doing that, but in the statement from @emile he wrote that it will propably become stable at the end of this week. So then i would loose my danfoss lc13 support for at least a few weeks, probably a few months (before someone wrote a working app). And with the current cold weather i don't want to loose support of the danfoss for that long.
    i already have the driver for my module done for 95% the only awaiting (5%) is the fully implementing of the CC's after that it's easy to just copy paste my module to the danfoss version, they are pretty much the same so it will only take like a day after the CC's have been implemented
  • Let me put it the other way around then. For @tpillen the Danfoss was working. But for me, the rgbw, smoke sensors from Fibaro and some other Qubino devices did not function in the old firmware. I waited with moving devices over to Homey because of that. So for me it is the other way around.
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited October 2016

@kasteleman, what functionality did you loose when getting the firmware that enabled your devices?

• @kastelman it seems to me that it is not the other way around. 
    It is good for you (and others) to get new functionality working with the new firmware. But that should not break functionality which is allready used by others. Better waiting a bit longer until the new functionality works and also the other functionality (which allready did work).

It is like getting new firmware for your car at your garage and they say: "In the new firmware you can turn on your car lights now (qubino). To bad, the heater is now not working anymore (danfoss)" That is not a sollution you would accept from your garage, certainly not when it is cold outside. :-)

If you can't wait, go and use the experimental firmware. 
  • I've been avoiding getting into discussions like this, but I have to agree with @tpillen here. Even when @kasteleman has a different point of view here because he was not using the functionality that broke with the new zwave rewrite and was waiting for the new stuff they introduced.

But I am a developer myself and I don't think I could ever sell a customer: here you go, a lot of new fancy stuff, but sorry, all the things you have been using do not work anymore and we are not sure when it will again ... Even considering beta or whatever ... To me, that is just a weird way to go. I may have gotten myself into a beta project, but I am still a customer and user of a product.

It is like buying an experimental car, that drives but not all features work and it is under continuous development. Which I could accept, like I can't always get the radio to work, or something like that. But now they ask me to come in because they have a major update and after that I pick it up and they say: Oh, you were using it to drive it? Yeah, that won't work for some time, we don't know when it will but because of the new changes we can make it work very soon! But you can listen to the radio now, yay!

Ok maybe not totally the same, but you get my point right ...

But hey, I am not complaining, I have accepted it so far and I still do. Just curious when it will work, because indeed it is getting colder, so it would be nice to have it working with Homey again. Glad to see it has the attention and let's hope @Emile and his fellows have it under the attention too. It might even get more priority, as it seemingly is something you would want to offer your users ;-)
  • @kasteleman, what functionality did you loose when getting the firmware that enabled your devices?

Danfoss not working anymore..... :p,  and IR went offline fore some time...Until a week or 2 ago, could not use my Fibaro V1 smoke sensors because they are not battery powered. and a few i forgot about..
    But hey, i ordered a product that is under development. I also had my ups and downs, but stil around.
    I made the Qubino app in order to get some of my devices to work, meanwhile waiting to migrate devices that are important for me.
  • Reaction i got from Athom:
    Hi,

We are currently looking at an app for the Danfoss LC13. If you want to be sure you can keep controlling it, I would recommend switching off auto-update in the Homey Settings, wait for the Danfoss app to pop up in our app store, and then update to 0.10.3 (or later).

We are trying to get it supported asap, but we cannot give any guarantees on the date.
  • lol!
  • So, big change soon there will be an App for the Danfoss LC13?
  • app could have been done before this update, and it already pretty much done, go and bug @Robin about it :smiley: maybe he will finish it then and submit it to the store
  • It actually should work (you can grab it from GitHub to test if you'd like): https://github.com/athombv/com.danfoss
    But haven't tested it fully myself yet. There is some functionality missing (such as updates from the device when you manually set the temperature.

Let me know if it works for you!
  • PeaoPeao Member
    edited October 2016
    Hey I tested the App, here are the problems that I found:

- I had to remove my Danfoss two times from Homey. A single remove did not allow to enter the pairing process (not app related)

- When I change the Temperature in the Device Card and reopen the card it has not been saved.

- The thermostat seem not to recieve updated setpoint without manually push the lower button on the thermostat.  I changed  the wakeup intervall (and woke it manually up to recieve the changes) but it didn't help.

- The thermostats show following icons (blink) until I push the "pair button". Then the vanish and the setpoint is recieved from Homey. When I wake the thermostat up again the Icons are there again.

For me it seems like the thermostat is only waking up when I push the button.

Github Issue for easier issue-handling: https://github.com/athombv/com.danfoss/issues/2
  • @Peao ;
    just to be sure, you know the wake-up time is being processed inside the thermostatic right? not in homey, so it will have to wake-up (manually) at least once before the new value is being used
  • PeaoPeao Member
    edited October 2016
     I changed  the wakeup intervall (and woke it manually up to recieve the changes) but it didn't help.
    Yep, I woke it up manually ( a few times ) but it didn't help.

Offtopic: When I update a battery device there comes a popup which informs me that it need to be waked up manually to recieve the changes or it will take some time till the automatic wake up.

When I wake it up and then click save it only says that the settings have been saved.

Is the popup message random or does it indeed report directly back to homey that the changes have been succesfully submitted?
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    no the message is depended if the module is online (awake) or not,
    online = settings been saved,
    offline = wakeup until settings are being saved
  • Teaser:

Report working. In other words, if you change the temperature on the device it now reports back to Homey

:)

Device used is a LC (olderversion)

LC.png 808.6K
  • Really hoping there will be an app in the appstore soon!! 
  • What is the current status of this app? Is it already fully working? 

Would love to buy these devices.
  • LuukvD said:
    Really hoping there will be an app in the appstore soon!! 
    Me too :).
  • The app is now in the appstore.

I installed it last night and it looks very nice.
    The first minutes it was working fine after pairing but after a while it stopped working,  because the E5 error came back again  :s

E5 means that the thermostat is not recieving information from Homey. I had the same problem before the z-wave rewrite till 0.32 then it worked for me.

When the error is present you can't adjust the temperature at the thermostat because it keeps displaying this error and any changes made with homey are not transmitted.

Here is my old github Issue: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/463

Do you guys are having the same problem?
  • Am I the only one with this error? Maybe my thermostats are the issue  :/
  • @Peao ;
    what wakeup interval is your lc13 on?
  • caseda said:
    @Peao ;
    what wakeup interval is your lc13 on?
    It is on 300s. I tested it again a few times. The E5 error is still there so I can't change anything at the thermostat. But when I change temperature with homey it changes the temperature (still displaying E5). It would be nice to be able to change the temperature at the thermostat though.

One other thing: When I adjust the temperature with homey and reopen the mobile card the settings seem to be not saved and the thermostat won't change its temperature. But when I change the temperature and reopen the mobile card at least 300s later the settings have been saved and everything works fine.

I would open a github issue but it seems that I am the only one who is struggling with this app.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited October 2016
    your E5 issue i can't help you with, it should be solved with a wake up interval of 300, you could try lower see if it helps.

your second issue i can, and is not easily fixable, if even at all.

the target temperature is "get" from the thermostatic when you open the card, that is the target temperature that it is at that moment still in the thermostatic, and not the temperature that has just been changed to because,
    the "set" the target temperature only applied when it wakes up, so you will need to wait the max 300 seconds before the change is being seen in homey.
    this is how battery devices work, and they will work all that way, no way around it.