This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• edited September 2015

@emile: do you have an ETA for a Homey which I haven't ordered yet ;-)? So: when will Homey's ordered on the site sent?

• Are the PCB finished and in office? :)

• No PCB's ?

• @MarcoF: Very nice to see you are so excited. :-)) You are making me a bit nervous though, asking twice a day. But who am I to notice this, I'm checking the forum 4x/day nowadays...

• @Athomey
    Thanx for your positive critic reply :)

I'm asking for about a year for updates, estimated delivery period, apps, supported devices, timeline, etc

Less wait a little more, it's almost there :)

• AthomeyAthomey Member
    edited September 2015

@MarcoF: I know. I've read every post on this forum, also all of yours. :-)) It is difficult and always a bit of a tension-area between a pioneer like you wanting information, and a company not being able to disclose everything and also being bitten in the a** by saying too much. For them it's a discovery of what is realistic, and what is too much to say and what too little. For us it's always hearing too little. ;-)) Once delivered it'll be less than wanted/needed, but it IS another great milestone. Looking forward to it! ((Also, Athom doesn't have 100% guarenteed answers, only educated guesses and best efforts...))

• @Athomey;
    Did you see the HCC presentation?

A lot of answers on already asked questions we were waiting on :)

Who of the backer knew about this presentation?

• Good point Marco. I highly respect the whole team but this is a prime example when Athom could share these info with us who actually invested money it... Sad. This is why we eagerly wait that they ship the first batch of Homeys so we can have more screenshots and videos from the first batch users.

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    edited September 2015

I wonder which questions were answered in the video, which were left unanswered on here? I don't think I've actually said anything new :) But maybe I'm wrong!

• Emile said:
    I wonder which questions were answered in the video, which were left unanswered on here? I don't think I've actually said anything new :) But maybe I'm wrong!

You have told in the video about invited smart lock. :)

edited September 2015

Hm that's fair. However this topic kind of says the same, haha.

I think I avoided writing it down, because we haven't gotten to it yet. Which means there is a chance it won't work with Homey. Technicially speaking, it should work, but because I haven't seen it work yet myself I was a little hesistant to make it 'permanent' by writing it down :-)

• honeyhoney Member
    edited September 2015

I dont speak dutch so I have skipped most parts of this video and you are right we know 85% of these. However we haven`t see the homey interface in action long time ago. There were quite few new things: how the app installation and un-installation works, how the flow logic card works, the voice calibration was totaly new, etc...
    Could you host one webinar Q&A event for the kikstarter and forum members I am sure it would be highly appreciated by everyone. Please.

• That's fair. Can we expect some assembly pictures etc this week?

• But the contracts has been signed so it would work with the collaboration from invited.

The person of that topic is not reliable ;)

It's more that I'd hate to disappoint anyone by saying 'yeah well we couldn't get it working', so I'd rather just keep it a 'we're working on it' instead of 'yes'.

About a webinar, not sure about that. The software still changes a lot, for example, the voice calibration was literally done a few days ago.

I'd rather focus on the production line now. We're expecting the PCB's tomorrow (Monday), and damn yes we will make a LOT of pictures!

• I understand. I wait patiently.

• kastelemankasteleman Member
    edited September 2015

As a start the arriving of the pcb's... ;-)
    Maybe all the parts on a table that make a homey before and after..........
    Going to be some hectic week for all of you....
    Keep up the good work!!!!

• Ok. Will wait for the first batch users. :(

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2015

The thing is that the backers need to do it with 1 update every 4-6 weeks, we got every few weeks a partial screenshot, some short movies with partial demos of some functions.

In the HCC demo is said;

"hmm the 'Sonos demo app' is not working....."
    "almost everyday day we take these device to another location"

For me that sounds like you guys give much more demos like this.

Video details:

• Installation proces of an App
    • Detailed demo of the Insights module, new graphs types
    • Retail within 2-3 months at MediaMarkt(.nl)
    • 700 Geeks(potential programmers)
    • Athom website with store where starter kits can be bought
    • All Homeys external data goes through Athoms secured proxy server.
    • If the internet connection fails, and you are home, its still possible to connect to Homey locally.
    • Homeys hardware is future proof for about 5 years (expectation)
    • Homeys software is free for life.
    • Athoms cloudservice where users can save data(encrypted) for free.

These device working or support is in progress:

• Thermostats: (Nest, Anna, Thermosmart, Honeywell (in progress), Toon (planned))
    • Lamps: Lifix, Hue, KaKu working
    • Security: WoonVeilig is working
    • Smartlocks; Invited (in progrress)
    • Music/Sound; Sonos(in progress), Heos(planned)
    • Camera; Cams with streams go through Homey. Homey will do detection, storage, etc.(planned)
    • Energy; save energy, monitoring energy, switch devices to use solarpower,
    • Wake on Lan; is "planned"
    • Coffee: Homey can make it!!
    • No official Windows app from Athom, but there's direct contact with Microsoft The Netherlands and some employees also bought a Homey and these boys/girls say's the want to build a Homey app.

Last but not least;

• Next week (this week) the first Homeys will be send to the backers!!!!
    • after that the Homeys will be shipped as fast the can be produced.

In the video is mentioned that Homeys power consumption is negligible.

How much power uses Homey on idle?

One of the most "shocking" things for me (if i understand it right):

Its possible to change Homeys name and at launch Homey listen to everybody who says; Hey Home!

If somebody changes the name of Homey, Homey only listens to the person who calibrated his voice with homey..

So if I change the name of Homey, it only listens to me and my wife can't control it by voice anymore....
    Sounds like change the name of Homey is useless in a multi person household until you guys make Homey Multi user/voice proof.

• MarcoF said:

_~blahblah :) ;) ~ _

Its possible to change Homeys name and at launch Homey listen to everybody who says; Hey Home!

If somebody changes the name of Homey, Homey only listens to the person who calibrated his voice with homey..

So if I change the name of Homey, it only listens to me and my wife can't control is by voice....
    Sounds like change the name of Homey is useless in a multi person household until you guys make Homey Multi user/voice proof.

I would very much be interested to learn in the fact that IF you change the name (goal is still to go with JARVIS :)) that both me and the wife can operate Homey.

• MarcoF said:

One of the most "shocking" things for me (if i understand it right):

So if I change the name of Homey, it only listens to me and my wife can't control it by voice anymore....

They immediately followed that one up with a 'Multi-user support will have priority after launch'-like statement.

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2015

@KoenMartens;
    Your so true!

But this "feature/limitation" was never mentioned before and there's no timeline/plan for when this will be fixed.

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/230/change-the-key-word

But if you're the only person using your custom trigger, it'll probably work just fine.

Should be; if you change the keyword, you'r the only person who can control homey by voice.

and;

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/2741/#Comment_2741
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/360/#Comment_360
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/3083/#Comment_3083

A Roadmap/plan would be nice :)

On the other hand, within 2-3 months is in Retail-stores and the product should be mature enough..

• @Emile Last week arrived the TCB's but they were broken. Can you tell us a little update about the rest of the last week. Do you have any cool pictures?

Yes, we've been testing them thoroughly and so far so good. So we'll place the 'big' order on Monday, and prepare the manually repaired (LED) Homeys for the First Batch backers as well.

• Excited :) +1 @Athom

• soooo 4 days passed :) any news? :)

• ericjanvanputten said:
    soooo 4 days passed :) any news? :)

Well, they will eventually sent it to you !! So sit back and relax :)

We're still testing the 433 & 868 antenna's. Everything else is working! :-)

• @Emile: not yet another Murphy case? ;-)
    Or just optimizing the placement off the antenna's?

This discussion has been closed.