This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• @emile did the mailman arrive? ( he asked axiously)

• @emile Probably everyone is bugging you guys right now about early shipping... Sorry to join in on that, but I have to try: I live about 200 meters from your office, I'd be happy to save shipping and pick my Homey up at your office, as soon as you have one ready. Really can't wait to get started :-)

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

@Moek, we expect them monday/tuesday, assembled by our manufacturer. They received the PCB's today.

@JeroenVanIngen, I've forwarded your request to @Stefan

• @JeroenVanIngen, I've forwarded your request to @Stefan

Thx! Much appreciated :)

• hi @JeroenVanIngen, we will be sure to pick one extra up for you from our producer, and let you know when we get it. I will probably be around the same time the other Geek Backers get theirs too though ;).

• Wouldn't really be fair to give me a head start over other geek backers ;-) Still, without shipping it will save me a day and you guys a few bucks. Two good reasons for me to walk by when you have my Homey!

• Thanks for the instant replies btw!

• @emile. Thanks for the update!
    Sooooo excited....

• It will not save them anything, but only cost extra. Their time for handling exceptions costs MUCH more than following the regular flow. 2cts

JeroenVanIngen said:
    Wouldn't really be fair to give me a head start over other geek backers ;-) Still, without shipping it will save me a day and you guys a few bucks. Two good reasons for me to walk by when you have my Homey!

• Emile said:
    @Moek, we expect them monday/tuesday, assembled by our manufacturer. They received the PCB's today.

So the first homey's scan be send end of this week?

• I hope so. It's my birthday this thursday. Would make a great birthday present. Wink, wink @emile and @stefan :)

• Would that be a batch of only 40 (at most) Homey's?

• @emile
    Could pm me a few adresses from the very active forum users?
    I would like to send a few empty boxes with an Athom noted as shipper on them.

Or is that to evil?

Haha, bastard.

Just got confirmation we get the 40 PCB's this thursday, or maybe earlier. So I hope to send the first Homeys beginning of next week.

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2015

@emile + team;

and monday the big 1000 PCB order?!

MarcoF said:
    @emile + team;

and monday the big 1000 PCB order?!

A few more than 1000 but yeah! :-)

• @emile + team;

• @emile
    Great news! I cant wait reading the first feedback from the luckey ones!

And yes.. I am a bastard.

• indeed some news and as mentioned just a few apps online. Now wait until we get some pictures etc of a homey fresh first install. > Emile said:

Haha, bastard.

Just got confirmation we get the 40 PCB's this thursday, or maybe earlier. So I hope to send the first Homeys beginning of next week.

You mean you get the first 40 Homey's assembled this thursday?

Not yet assembled, we do that for the first Homeys in our office, to optimize the process.

• Hope to see tons of pictures for the upcoming days :D

• A wait a minut....i think i get it. I misinterpreted a earlier post. The "raw" pcb's are now assembled with the components and are then delivered at you're office where they are tested and final ssembly is done (housing etc)?

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2015

The raw pcb's arrive this week at Global Electronics BV, the place/solder the components.
    Then the complete PCB will be "shipped"(14km :D ) from Haaksbergen to Enschede.
    Athom then test the PCB, assemble and ship them :)

• ImkoImko Member
    edited September 2015

• Indeed can't wait to see the reactions from the first 40 Homey owners! Is the first homey going to be something special for the lucky person? Or are you keeping the first one of the 40 for your self? Golden homey ^_^

• When sent, will the packet be unrecognizable? E.g. in a brown box?

• Thuis just occured to me.. the serial numbers on the first batch must be awesome.

• and are you going to skip serial number 13 & 666, not sure you want 666 running your home! (and if there is a 666 that homey name should be renamed to Devil/Satan/Lucifer/???) :)

• V.I.K.I. from I, Robot. :)

This discussion has been closed.