This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• Thanks for the heads up! I'm still shocked you find so many issues after you guys gave the 'go'.
    (Not pointing a finger to anyone)

• quess its only me with doubts

the communication hasnt been very good from Athom, problems after problems.
    i understand problems occur, it would not be normal if there wernt

but i get the imporession you have not tested everything as it should, the problems you bring up should imo have been filtert out before you were on the stage of shipping. This donst give me as a buyer a feeling that its a good worked out product i am buying for 299 Euros.

how long is it going to take now ? all parts ordered ? would be nice to get some clear updates.

i am starting to loose faith in this product, others are way ahead at the moment

• honeyhoney Member
    edited October 2015

Thank you for the update. I believe that honest and frequent communication is important so it is highly appreciated. The IR is important as many other domotica controller does not have that essential capability. Happy that it has been discovered in time. Is this a design, supplier or manufacturing issue? Does it affect the manually repaired first batch?

• but i get the imporession you have not tested everything as it should, the problems you bring up should imo have been filtert out before you were on the stage of shipping.

@ daylfy is'nt that exacly what they are doing?

• From the chatroom about the iR problem:

jeroenvollenbrock [11:58 AM]
    actually, the casing did
    the diffuser for the rgb led blocks too much of the IR signal, causing the range to decrease significantly
    it still works, but only very close to your TV
    we’re now trying to make some modifications to increase the range
    we’re still trying to figure that out, i might have found a way to fix it without too many changes. If that seems feasible i think we can manually modify the existing cases. But that idea still needs a lot of thought.
    We’re actually starting a meeting about that and a few other things in 2 minutes

• Uhh, it is a design issue. I was always worried about this, and still worried about the vertical distribution of the IR signal. I have hoped that they have tested that after they have decided to remove the circular IR transmitter-receiver from the top of the globe. Was the testing done while the top part of the casing (the half dome) was not attached to the rest… On most videos and images that is not there, and obviously the IR receivers are not shadowed. Dont see how can a plastic diffuser modified manually especially in mass production. With this we might expect end January (pre-order) delivery.

• @ kriebelkous:

read the 2 messages below/above :), they arnt i a test fase anymore but on production fase, to find problems in this fase of the production is imo a sighn they never worked it out good product before they started on ''mass production'' imo

and again i understand it with startups but the way they communicate it gives a feeling they have no idea what they are doing.
    dont get me wrong the idea is great, but the product for that idea is imo dissapointing and not whel worked out

• Here we go again. Guys...headups... It is indeed a startup and not a multinational...Do i have to remind about the troubles off Fibaro, Zipato etc....they have all been there...So please give the guys some credits!!!!

• jeroenvollenbrock [1:49 PM]
    we’re going to conduct additional tests later today, for now i’m going to continue my work on the operating system and it’s drivers while i wait for some required materials to get shipped to our office

• I think we can now safely confirm that Homey is indeed run by humans instead of alians/robots. I was beginning to worry that they were using alien technology to propel us humans into the future faster than the human race could handle in order to fulfill some sort of evil master plan :-P

• JaapPelt said:
    I think we can now safely confirm that Homey is indeed run by humans instead of alians/robots. I was beginning to worry that they were using alien technology to propel us humans into the future faster than the human race could handle in order to fulfill some sort of evil master plan :-P

Maybe they are the unicorns !!! We might want to look out for them also ;)

• @daylfy afaik this is the first batch that came out of mass production that is not to be considered a prototype. There was nothing else to test that has folowed the same preduction proces.

JurgenHuijbregts said:

JaapPelt said:
    I think we can now safely confirm that Homey is indeed run by humans instead of alians/robots. I was beginning to worry that they were using alien technology to propel us humans into the future faster than the human race could handle in order to fulfill some sort of evil master plan :-P

Maybe they are the unicorns !!! We might want to look out for them also ;)

Nope.. Its man-bear-pig..

• Spider Pig!
    Spider Pig!
    Does whatever a spider pig does!
    Can he swing from a web?
    No he can't
    He's a pig
    Lookout!
    He is the spider pig!!

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

So today we will receive some components and make a decision about what we're going to do. I'll keep you guys posted :)

• does this modification request new Injection molds ?

• djesko said:
    does this modification request new Injection molds ?

I think that thats what they are going to discuss and make a decision on what they need to do, hehe..

• Reflow said:

djesko said:
    does this modification request new Injection molds ?

I think that thats what they are going to discuss and make a decision on what they need to do, hehe..

ok , lets wait then

• Good IR range (and angle) is important to allow for convenient placement of Homey so I hope range will be better than a regular remote...

• It's very depending on the receiving device. My old television needs a good aim from the remote while the decoder still receives the signal after bouncing to the wall...

For me IR is pretty important to control my radio and television so I'm glad they found this problem before shipping!

@Athom, take as long as you need to make the product as reliable as you think is necessary. You already convinced me that your standards are higher than mine.

Also, with the things I developed as a hobby, I can say that making a reliable product is so damn hard. And when the product is as complicated as Homey, it's not making it easier. Please take the time you need to create a nice and shiny product. You only have one chance to proof that you are capable of creating it. When Homey fails, you can say good bye to Athom. So please be careful.

Good luck with the last very hard steps!

• = 64

• honey said:
    = 64

Nee joh, 65. De eerste +1 betekent 'jij geeft 1, ik doe een +1' de eerste post was zeker geen 0. :-)

• x 2 ;)

This discussion has been closed.