This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• @Bumblez indeed, it their first product and a delay is expected. However, if 6 months delay is the most optimistic view. its not very shocking that some people start to be a little itchy.

Ill keep on waiting patiently. hopefully we get it just before the holidays. :)

• Well I don't mind waiting but some kind of timeframe would be nice. Delayment on a first product is nothing new, and i don't mind that at all aslong as they communicate it well like they seem to do.

• 5 weeks lead time.*

*Terms and conditions applies: “If everything goes well”. :)

Anyway let’s suppose our homeys would be delivered in June we would not be able to use it as the software is still missing major apps/drivers. I would like to see a steeper progress curve there and a comprehensive video update. The Kickstarter update is due in the next 1-2 weeks.

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

The RGB leds problem has been solved. We're now wrapping up the design with the Infrared LEDs and will send them to the manufacturer asap (I hope today).

• @Emile, with all the setbacks and delays, will the IOS app now be ready with release/launch day??? I really hope so!

BasPost said:
    @Emile, with all the setbacks and delays, will the IOS app now be ready with release/launch day??? I really hope so!

So do I, but it's Jeroen (who's also going to make the iOS app) working on these fixes as well. And remember, there's no such thing as 'launch day' :-)

• OGSOGS Member

@Emile, maybe you could do a lauch day when you have some of the final products?
    You already did the backers barbeque, maybe something like an open office so people willing to travel to Enschede could meet the people behind Homey?
    But then not only for the backers but also for the pre-orders.

• OGS said:
    @Emile, maybe you could do a lauch day when you have some of the final products?
    You already did the backers barbeque, maybe something like an open office so people willing to travel to Enschede could meet the people behind Homey?

+1
    If I bring a friend, I'm sure you'll sell another Homey in no time.

• OGS said:

And that we can get our homey. So athom can keep the shipping costs.

• why you want to travel to enschede???

• sdelewi said:
    why you want to travel to enschede???

Why not?

• To meet the team and other users. To hear there ideas about how to make there house smart

• To collect your homey :-D

• I'd be willing to. Missed the bbq.

• Sounds good! :D

• You don't have to go to Enschede for that. Think you misunderstood the project. You get a DVD with a Virtual Homey. :)

• I ordered homey so I would never have lo leave the couch again. Picking up homey means leaving my couch. I need a homey to pick up my homey..

We've ordered new PCB's today (40pcs), and expect them within 1.5 week. After we've validated that the IR leds indeed also work in production, we're going to ship the First Batch and order the rest :-)

• That's wonderful news!

• @Emile, so the pre-orders will get the "new" pcb's? That would be great, I only want the "Full Monty" and not half-baked wrong pcb's in my homey!
    (take it not to seriously...)

• Great news Emile! After every setback the team come up with acceptable solutions without giving up to much of the original design, Cheers!

• kriebelkouskriebelkous Member
    edited October 2015

I hate to be the guy who akses for delays.. but if the new pcb's are different from the rest I would run a full test again, not just on the ir.

• I would ship them after tests, and wait first for responses BEFORE ordering the rest. :-)

• Athomey said:
    I would ship them after tests, and wait first for responses BEFORE ordering the rest. :-)

Also a perfectly valid stratigy.

Even if it means I would be waiting a little longer.. but I think most would disagree.

• kriebelkous said:

Athomey said:
    I would ship them after tests, and wait first for responses BEFORE ordering the rest. :-)

Also a perfectly valid stratigy.

Even if it means I would be waiting a little longer.. but I think most would disagree.

You are not alone

• Quality first! certainly after all drawbacks we (Well... Athom) had. If there are new PCB's, that is good news for the first batch, as they do not get the ones repaired from the airbubbles under the LEDs. (I am not one of them BTW.)
    It also means the cripple ones have to be..... (See earlier post of me on this:):))

• I agree, I'd rather wait a couple weeks longer if that means better quality.

• Great news! And yes, test the hell out of them first ;)

• Yes, I want everything to work perfectly when I get one.

• BumblezBumblez Member
    edited October 2015

+1
    I don't mind waiting a few more weeks before production starts (until the test results from the first batchers are in), if that means receiving a better quality/more reliable product.

This discussion has been closed.