This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• Would be funny, that on Christimasday.. Homey will @random say "Ho Ho Ho.... Homey" :P

• I checked the forum too many times today, hoping for an update. ;-)
    I don't want to push or hurry you but..............
    Emile, did you receive the hardware? Is it as you hoped it to be?

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

Yes we did, ans so far so good, but we're still testing extensively! Hope we can give a final go today :-)

• Great news!! Good luck with testing

• take your time ,

• djesko said:
    take your time ,

of course : take your time, I rather wait a little longer and receive better product.
    but the little geek in me can't wait

• Emile just said in the webcast that the order is placed!

• Yes!! I have heard it! Great presentation! Can't wait to play with it

• Is this pesentation still online? What is the link?
    THX!

• If all goes well it should appear here:

• Ok, that didn't work, let's try again : https:// vimeo.com/144130089
    (Remove the space between the / and vimeo, don't know why the forum software doesn't like it when I leave the space out, maybe an admin can fix my posts)

• cautjecautje Member
    edited November 2015

Nothing yet

• Michael said:
    Emile just said in the webcast that the order is placed!

Unfortunately that does not mean anything. Order has been placed many times...
    »»» LINK to the timeline «««

My Dutch is rubbish. Was there anything new in the presentation or in the Q&A? A potential microphone issue? :)

• What Emile said was that the mass production order has been placed. He did not said that before. :-)
    Now we only have to wait to see how fast they can be made

• MartijnHarteMartijnHarte Member
    edited November 2015

Most things have already been said before, here's a few things I hadn't heard before:

• Go for mass production.
    • Homeys hardware supports Google Thread, they may add support for this later on if it becomes big enough.
    • You won't be able to use voice control for security risks like opening locks (unless you create a flow for it).
    • Connecting multiple homeys with eachochter is not supported yet.
    • Athom will save voice control actions of users to create better voice control in the future. Everything besides voice is stored locally and the user has full access to the logs.

The voice control during the presentation didnt work because of the characteristics of the building.

They talked a bit about their vision for homey in the future, becoming your personal assistent. The example given was: Homey sets your alarm half an hour later because your meeting in Google Calendar got cancelled.

I think that was it, did I miss anything?

• MartijnHarte said:

• Athom will save voice control actions of users to create better voice control in the future. Everything besides voice is stored locally and the user has full access to the logs.

i've heard it as they will only save the learning steps 5 times "hey homey" not all voice controll actions

• honeyhoney Member
    edited November 2015

Thank you for the summary. That is a great news. There is some time between the order and the actual start of the production. I hope no issue will surface in the meantime and the guys can focus on the device supports. So does it mean that the 10pcs first batch is on its way to the backers?

• Great presentation yesterday Emile! Nice to finaly see the product in real life, can't wait to play with homey

I'm gonna post a kickstarter update tomorrow with the good news and the timeline!

• +1

• and again, I find myself checking too many times................ ;-)

• ArenBreur said:
    and again, I find myself checking too many times................ ;-)

hehe

• Just read the Kickstarter update. Congrats @athom ! Enjoy the champagne, you deserved it.

• Indeed, but do not enjoy it too much, those headaches are really terrible ;-)!

Guys, many congrats!

• Take a few seconds rest and celebrate. ;)
    Lot of success in the rest of the project.

Are the first Homey numbered? Would be very cool for later.

TheoDeKoning said:

Only internally :-)

• Emile said:

TheoDeKoning said:

Only internally :-)

Ai
    You have to kill Homey to know. Sniff     :-)

• I guess Homey will have a serialnumber label... I worked for a large printercompany (well, they make a lot more than printers...) and they have Engineering samples, red label (0-80% did work, be happy if does power up) blue label, these were the pre-production samples, should work under defined conditions, mainly for marketing and grey/white labels, mass production. I always loverd the red lables, as they used to have hand made modifications, different color/material housing and sometimes features that did not make it to mass production. (Oh, and hand numbered parts..)

Haha no, I meant, internally @ Athom. So we could tell you, in theory, haha :-)

This discussion has been closed.