This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] Harmony Hub App (v1.0.4)

Comments

• Fire69Fire69 Member
    @brinkie: when I use the 'Stuur een commando' card, there are 3 fields to fill.  The first is the device, this works with autocomplete to select a device, but what about the 2 other fields? 'When I select a device, the Soort' and 'Opdracht' don't show anything.
  • Fire69 said:
    @brinkie: when I use the 'Stuur een commando' card, there are 3 fields to fill.  The first is the device, this works with autocomplete to select a device, but what about the 2 other fields? 'When I select a device, the Soort' and 'Opdracht' don't show anything.
    They should. All field support auto complete. Maybe the device doesn't support any command groups (2nd field)? The content for the fields comes strait from the hub.
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    Can you give an example of what it could be? 
  • nklerknklerk Member
    What browser are you using @Fire69 ?
    looks like a gui bug to me.
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    Chrome :)
    First field is working OK. Also when using the Activity card, I can select all 8 activities from the list.
  • Hmm, so i should have more then 6 connection, at this moment i can only think Of Domoticz and my iphone using the Harmony app/hub, and ofcourse my remote. No idea what the other 3 should be, were do i clean this up?
  • BasvanS said:
    Hmm, so i should have more then 6 connection, at this moment i can only think Of Domoticz and my iphone using the Harmony app/hub, and ofcourse my remote. No idea what the other 3 should be, were do i clean this up?
    I haven't found a way yet to list the connected devices, let alone disconnect them...
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    Would it be possible to make a mobile card so we can use the android/ios app to see what activity is active or to switch to another one? 
  • Fire69 said:
    Would it be possible to make a mobile card so we can use the android/ios app to see what activity is active or to switch to another one? 
    Once the app is more stable, I'll definitely look into that!
  • T-mo-TT-mo-T Member
    Received my Harmony Hub (+ remote... yes I figured I'd still need one remote with Homey...) and the app really works great, offers great basic set of features. 

Reading this topic I see the possibility to see the active activity is recently removed for performance reasons. Are there any plans to bring this back? Or any feedback/return info from Hub at all would be great, would also be great to be able to link the smarthome functions from the remote to Homey flows!

Good job on this app :)
  • pascalpascal Member
    edited July 2016
    Is it possible to set a chanel? So send 195 and my settopbox goes to chanel 195.
  • RonaldRonald Member
    @pascal ;
    I tested this with my ziggo horizon decoder just don't forget to set a delay of one second at the second command and 2 seconds for third command.
  • @Ronald ;
    Why does your flow to set a channel have a flow card with "text does not contain" that channel?
  • RonaldRonald Member
    O that was taked for the test
    otherwise you can't test with the test button 
  •  B) 
  • pascalpascal Member
    @Ronald:
    Ok. I will try that.
  • brinkie said:
    Fire69 said:
    They should. All field support auto complete. Maybe the device doesn't support any command groups (2nd field)? The content for the fields comes strait from the hub.
    @brinkie : Can I bother you with this once more?  I'm still not able to get this working...
    I'd like to use this to switch between my tv and projector, but as long as I can't get the 2nd field working, it's a no go  :'(
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    edited August 2016
    With the latest firmware update 0.9.2 it seems the drop down menu's with devices does not show a slider anymore... I can only use the first 5 devices?? Is this a known issue??
    Tried Safari and google chrome on my mac, both no go
  • Fire69 said:
    brinkie said:
    Fire69 said:
    @brinkie : Can I bother you with this once more?  I'm still not able to get this working...
    I'd like to use this to switch between my tv and projector, but as long as I can't get the 2nd field working, it's a no go  :'(
    This works for me just fine (I use it to send a mute and unmute command to my receiver and was able to select them from a drop down).
  • Phuturist said:
    This works for me just fine (I use it to send a mute and unmute command to my receiver and was able to select them from a drop down).
    As a test I just deleted my Harmony device and installed it again, but didn't solve it.
    The second field just stays empty for some reason...  :'(
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited August 2016
    Phuturist said:

@Phuturist : what appears in the list in the second field for you? Just discovered something.

@Brinkie : When I don't select a device and then click in the second field, it says 'Geen resultaten gevonden'
    So there is a difference with when I do select a device, then the second field just stays empty...

I've been debugging your app through the cli.
    When I click the first field, I get this:
    Finding device '' on 192.168.1.9...
    Found device 31730533: Telenet DVR
    Found device 31730513: Panasonic TV
    Found device 31742156: Onkyo AV Receiver
    Found device 36519862: Raspberry Computer
    Found device 35845514: BenQ Projector
    Found device 31730584: Sony PS4
    Found device 31730572: Wii
    But when I select the second field, nothing happens at all.

So I did some testing with HarmonyHubCLI (https://github.com/sushilks/harmonyHubCLI)
    With this tool, I can list the supported commands per device:
    C:\Users\Fire69\OneDrive\Downloads\harmonyHubCLI-master>node harmonyHubCli.js -l 192.168.1.9 -d SonyPS4 -r commands
    Connecting to hub at 192.168.1.9
    List of commands supported by device:SonyPS4
            0. 'PowerOff'
            1. 'DirectionDown'
            2. 'DirectionLeft'
            3. 'DirectionRight'
            4. 'DirectionUp'
            5. 'OK'
            6. 'Stop'
            7. 'Play'
            8. 'Rewind'
            9. 'Pause'
            10. 'FastForward'
            11. 'Back'
            12. 'Search'
            13. 'Cross'
            14. 'Circle'
            15. 'Square'
            16. 'Triangle'
            17. 'Info'
            18. 'Next Video'
            19. 'Options'
            20. 'Previous Video'
            21. 'PS'
            22. 'Share'
    Is there anything else I can do to debug this further?
  • Notice the missing device ID in your output: Finding device '' on 192.168.1.9...

That's where your problem is! What device did you select from the first list?

• That is the output I get when I click in the first field, where it then shows the autocomplete list, so it's before I have selected a device.
  • If I understand you correctly, you don't select a device from the first field, but immediately try to open the second field? If so then there you have your problem. It is required (!) to first select a device from the first field. Then you can select a command group supported by that device from the second field. Finally you can select a command from the selected command group in the third field.

• You misunderstood :)
    I cloned your app and ran it with 'athom project --run'
    In my flow I selected the first field and that gave me this output:
    Finding device '' on 192.168.1.9...
    Found device 31730533: Telenet DVR
    Found device 31730513: Panasonic TV
    Found device 31742156: Onkyo AV Receiver
    Found device 36519862: Raspberry Computer
    Found device 35845514: BenQ Projector
    Found device 31730584: Sony PS4
    Found device 31730572: Wii
    So the ' ' can't be because I didn't select a device.  I couldn't have selected a device yet, because I was trying to display the list of devices :)

After I select a device from the list, I select the second field, and then nothing happens.  Not in the card and not in the debug output.
  • Ok, now I understand :). So after selecting a device and clicking the second field, that list stays empty. Is that the case no matter what device you select? Or is it a specific device?
  • Yep, stays empty no matter what device I select.
    So when I don't select a device and directly click the second field, then I get a 'Geen resultaten gevonden'.
    What should I get in the second field? Could you give an example?

When I was testing with HarmonyHubCLI I noticed that it had problems with devices with spaces in the name, so I changed them all (eg. 'Panasonic TV' -> 'PanasonicTV' hoping it would solve my problem, but no luck :(
  • Fire69 said:
    Phuturist said:

@Phuturist : what appears in the list in the second field for you? Just discovered something.

I see a list similar to the one you have seen yourself using the HarmonyHubCLI only then specific to my own device I have selected in the first field.

Do you have any problems configuring the remote itself? Looks like the Hub is not return the correct data or that the Homey app can not interpreted your device data correctly.

Have you checked the network tab of your browser to see if the request when clicking in the second field times out or something else happens (like permission etc.).
  • The remote has been working perfectly since I bought it 6 months ago  :)
    I'll check what the browser says... 
  • pocpoc Member
    I have got the following problem, that the kodi app works when i give a command to turn on/off an device ,but wont turn anything on when a use the activity card to turn several devices on.What could be the problem  of this ? I can select all my activities that i have on the remote and can select them in the activity card but nothing happens.Homey understands the spoken input and tells me that the activity is started but the command isn't relayed :/ .