This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] Harmony Hub App (v1.0.4)

Comments

• definitely will try this new version tonight and give some (positive) feedback :smile: 
    So, how was it? :)
  • JesperJesper Member
    edited March 2016
    Does anybody uses the Harmony Hub in combination with the Ziggo Horizon Mediabox? I'm curious if the Horizon Mediabox can be controlled using the Harmony Hub (and thus the Homey :smile: ).

Furthermore, what is the difference between the Harmony Hub and the Harmony Ultimate Hub? Which one should I buy?

Thanks!
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited March 2016
    Can't answer your first question because I don't have ziggo. 

Second question though. 
    The harmony hub is just the hub to control your devices with your smartphone. 
    The "ultimate", "elite" or "companion" versions of the hub have a remote control that can work with the hub as well.
    All remotes are a (if not a little) bit different per version
  • Don't have Horizon, but the hub works very well with the old UPC Mediabox HD (the predecessor of the Horizon box).
    As for the differences between the hubs themselves... not much. See also the discussion on page 2-3 about this. We believe that, with the latest firmware, all available versions of the hub should work the same way, and that differences are minor.
  • @Jesper I have a Harmony One in combination with the Ziggo box. I was able to set up the basic commands via IR because the original remote uses RF and for a lot of the commands the IR-codes are not known. I understood from a forum on the Harmony or Ziggo website that was to 'blame' on Ziggo/Samsung for not making these codes public and therefor Logitech could not program them. For access to eg Guide I programmed a macro (so something like Menu > Up > OK).

Since the hub should be able to control your Ziggo box via IR you should be ok with the basic commands, which work work fine (I actually have not used the original remote since months). Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is not possible to control your Ziggo box through the hub via RF. Logitech talks about RF connectivity, but that is between the physical Logitech remote and the hub itself.
  • Q-BiCQ-BiC Member
    Suggestion/question:

The Companion remote has 6 buttons dedicated to "home control" functions.
    See the orange buttons near the top: https://secure.logitech.com/assets/55428/logitech-harmony-home-control-gallery.png

You cannot assign media functionality to them, they're exclusive for toggling Hue lights, smart plugs etc.
    I only use Hue and unfortunately the buttons are quite useless because you can't even assign scenes to them... Only on/off/brightness...

Since the remote just sends RF commands, would it be possible for Homey to intercept these and trigger some flows instead? That way we can use those 6 buttons for more applications than what Logitech natively supports as "home control". We could even use them to extend the media part of the remote or use them as additional Activity buttons.

Thoughts?
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited March 2016

Announcement

Version 0.3.0 of the Logitech Harmony Hub App was just published to the App Store.

v0.3.0

• Made activity on the "Start an activity" flow card selectable by changing the input field type from text to autocomplete.
    • Added a new flow card "Send a command" that can send a command to a specific device.
  • Still get an error when installing the app. Your calendar app installed without a problem. 
  • Fire69 said:
    Still get an error when installing the app. Your calendar app installed without a problem. 
    Me too but it did install though even when with the error.
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited March 2016
    Sad to hear, because I did some thurough testing. Is the App itself functional? Anyone with the ability to try it straight from GitHub?
  • Just checked and it did install. :smile: 
  • Just did installation from app store and received NO error
  • Maybe because I already had a version from Github installed... 
    I could try uninstalling the app, but would that be ok for my existing flows? 
  • @Fire69 ;
    If it's working I wouldn't do it.
    With the first version of this app I also had an error but everything was just working fine.

This time my installation was on a clean homey (first app)
  • Fire69 said:
    Maybe because I already had a version from Github installed... 
    I could try uninstalling the app, but would that be ok for my existing flows? 
    I installed the app from GitHub sources and App Store. If you uninstall the app existing flows using the app remain, but the app's flow cards are removed from the UI. If you don't save the flow but reinstall the app, the removed flow cards automatically reappear and your flows work again.

• Just did installation from app store and received NO error
    That's good!
  • I removed the app and tried installing it from the store, same error. 
    I did notice the error already appears when the led ring is still spinning blue... 
  • I was surprised to see that the app even shows the icons from the activity

Not actually necessary of course, but a nice feature.

Now, not to be annoying, why does it only show the icons for 2 activities?  :p
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited March 2016
    Fire69 said:
    I was surprised to see that the app even shows the icons from the activity

Not actually necessary of course, but a nice feature.

Now, not to be annoying, why does it only show the icons for 2 activities? 
    Indeed Logitech sends the icons with the activity data, so I figured I'd include them :). Unfortunately it doesn't send any default icons, so only custom icons you configure yourself will show up in the list. 

Maybe if I can somehow figure out the actual urls of the default icons, I might be able to include those too.
  • You don't have to put any time in it for me :)
    It's something you won't see a lot any way, once your flows are configured...
  • brinkie said:
    definitely will try this new version tonight and give some (positive) feedback :smile: 
    So, how was it? :)
    Sorry been busy and had some issues with my homey and plugwise devices will try to do some deep testing this weekend
  • Pricetip: only today (march 17) the Logitech Harmony Ultimate Hub is on offer for approx 46 euro at iBood.nl and for 40 euro at Amazon.de which could be of interest to some - as this seems to be a nice discount..!

• @JBenjamins ; thanks for the heads up! I can always use a second hub (for the parts of the house that the first one can't reach)   :)
  • Pricetip: only today (march 17) the Logitech Harmony Ultimate Hub is on offer for approx 46 euro at iBood.nl and for 40 euro at Amazon.de which could be of interest to some - as this seems to be a nice discount..!

Great tip, thanks. Can anyone tell me how usefull it is when I own a Harmony Touch (http://www.logitech.com/nl-nl/product/harmony-touch)?
  • PhuturistPhuturist Member
    edited March 2016
    Pricetip: only today (march 17) the Logitech Harmony Ultimate Hub is on offer for approx 46 euro at iBood.nl and for 40 euro at Amazon.de which could be of interest to some - as this seems to be a nice discount..!

Great tip, thanks. Can anyone tell me how usefull it is when I own a Harmony Touch (http://www.logitech.com/nl-nl/product/harmony-touch)?
    I have both (bought together as package) and it's incredibly useful for my purpose which is more reliable signal (rf instead of ir), being able to use it in a closed cabinet, and control it over WiFi (with smartphone app and  the Homey app).
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited March 2016
    Yeah, for this thread, I think especially that last part is relevant... adding the hub to your Harmony Touch will make it very easy to control all your activities through Homey, with the Harmony Hub App  
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited March 2016
    Thanks for the info guys, was just going to buy one, but the deals have ended :(
  • EdTstEdTst Member

I bought a Logitech Harmony Elite. When I install the app from the store I get an error:

I tried removing and reinstalling, but nothing works. I do see a new Harmony device when I add a device. But when I click it all I see is a blank screen with a spinning wheel.

The Harmonu hub and remote are working.

• EdTst said:

I bought a Logitech Harmony Elite. When I install the app from the store I get an error:

I tried removing and reinstalling, but nothing works. I do see a new Harmony device when I add a device. But when I click it all I see is a blank screen with a spinning wheel.

The Harmonu hub and remote are working.

As far as I know the installation issues are still under investigation by Athom. Can you elaborate, @Emile?
  • EdTstEdTst Member
    Just to be clear, this only happens when I install this app. Other apps install fine.