This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] Harmony Hub App (v1.0.4)

Comments

• Someting went wrong, please try again. ( 4 times)
  • brinkie said:
    Fire69 said:
    Phuturist said:
    It just became available in the app store :wink: 
    Damn it! :smiley: 
    You beat everybody else, @Fire96 ;) 

Maybe that's not always a good thing?

Someting went wrong, please try again

I closed the athom cli with ctrl-c.  Probably something got left behind on my Homey?
  • Fire69 said:

Someting went wrong, please try again

I closed the athom cli with ctrl-c.  Probably something got left behind on my Homey?
    I got the same thing but the app seems to be installed anyway. I'll report it on Slack as someone from Athom might need to take a look at this.
  • I got that error too during installation, but when I look at my Homey, the app is installed and functional.
  • Phew, glad it's not only me!  :p

Indeed, it seems to be installed and running OK!
  • Runing, but I can not use voice commands (yet)
  • Guess we have to wait for a Homey update for voice recognition to improve.
  • Well - off topic - Homey answered my questions about rain and time correctly for the first time today :)

• I asked this question in the appstore for the harmony app, but is it posible to implement a when statement? so when i trigger a event with my harmony i can let something happen on the homey? That would be very nice. For an example: I wan't to trigger my lighting in the house, so when te tv is on and its getting dark, put on the lights...
  • I asked this question in the appstore for the harmony app, but is it posible to implement a when statement? so when i trigger a event with my harmony i can let something happen on the homey? That would be very nice. For an example: I wan't to trigger my lighting in the house, so when te tv is on and its getting dark, put on the lights...

I'd have to look into that. I'm not sure the I can register a webhook that would enable such a scenario. But if possible, I'll definately implement it!
  • That would be very nice, i used this with domoticz, but now i replaced domoticz with homey i kind of miss this feature!
  • The harmony app is running :-) and voice recognition works fine in my case. i'am listening too the radio right now activated by voice, awesome.
    Very nice Brinkie!
  • brinkie said:
    hnijveen said:
    Very, very nice

You already tried it? :smiley:
    I wish, only in my mind. Waiting for next, next, ... shipment.
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited February 2016
    The harmony app is running :-) and voice recognition works fine in my case. i'am listening too the radio right now activated by voice, awesome.
    Very nice Brinkie!
    Thank! Good to hear it's working. 

I'm sure others would like to get voice control working too. Can you share some details about your setup? What software version is your Homey running on? What language/voice do you have configured? How large is your room? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 
  • brinkie said:
    The harmony app is running :-) and voice recognition works fine in my case. i'am listening too the radio right now activated by voice, awesome.
    Very nice Brinkie!

I'm sure others would like to get voice control working too. Can you share some details about your setup? What software version is your Homey running on? What language/voice do you have configured? How large is your room? 

Software version 0.8.17. Language is English, voice I use is Brain. The maximum distance I talk to my Homey is about 4.5 meters.
  • I also noticed being more then 1.5 meters away works best...
  • brinkie said:
    Very nice Brinkie!

Software version 0.8.17. Language is English, voice I use is Brain. The maximum distance I talk to my Homey is about 4.5 meters.

What voice command do you have setup to activate the hub?
  • Yeeeh ps3, kodi and xbox can be started by homey thanks brinkie (in 5 minutes) will do some more testing later on
  • I have 6 flows for the moment:
    - Watch TV 
    - Listen to radio
    - Match a movie
    - Play Wii
    - Play PS4 
    - All off

Super easy thanks to @brinkie ; B)
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited February 2016
    Thanks guys, it's my pleasure. I'm curious though how you setup the voice commands in your flows. I find speech not very reliable. Do you use the "You said something" trigger or "You said anything" combined with a "contains" logic card?
  • 'Said anything' with 'contains' card.
    Just because Peao (I think?) said that works better.

The thing is, I had my Homey set to Dutch, so I made my voice commands in Dutch.
    But since my Homey doesn't react to my voice, I had to use the /speech-input, but... that one only understands English :neutral: 
    So I had to change the voice commands to English...
  • edited February 2016
    To get a little bit less disappointing results I also make a tempory parrot. 

When = You sad anythning
    Then = Say something with text label of you sad anything

Do this for all your commands you want to use and write down what homey seems to hear (most of the times totaly something different then what I'm saying) Also maybe repeat this to get better results

Then delete this flow and create the one you really want with this format:

When = You sad anything
    And = logic contains text label of you sad anything + your keyword
    Then = Start activity you proberly know how this is working ;-)

I Also had to use english as language
  • I have a parrot flow.
    But the problem isn't that Homey misunderstands me, he just doesn't start listening.  The 'ok homey' trigger doesn't work at all. :neutral: 
    So for now I talk to it through the /speech-input, and the recognition there is pretty good actually...
  • I have working triggers now for several activities: watch TV (contains 'TV'), listen to radio (contains 'radio'), watch chromecast (contains 'cast') and everything off (contains 'off'). I think it works about 60% of the time, which is not bad, I guess.
  • brinkie said:
    Bumblez said:
    Awesome! So starting/stopping activities already works. Is there anything planned for specific Device support through Harmony as well (though I know that's considerably more complicated, as there can be so many different functions in devices) ?.

I just added this to the backlog (here). You can also check my progress there or download the repo to run the app in debug mode on your Homey.

By now I know I can iterate over devices managed by the Hub and probably the supported commands as well. Sounds promissing, doesn't it? :)

I can now say with full confidence sending a command to a specific device will work in a future update of the app. 

This will be added through a new flow card. On this card you'll first select the device from an autocompleted list. Then you'll select the device's command-group from a similar list and finally the command. 

The lists will be filled with applicable values only. The Hub provides us with the required data. Hurray for Logitech!
  • @brinkie ;
    nice to hear will this be soon in the app store?
  • Unfortunately we at least have to wait for Homey update 0.8.19 for a bug in autocomplete to be fixed.
  • Running 0.8.20 now ;-)
  • Running 0.8.20 now ;-)
    I'm considering upgrading as well, but is there a way to go back to stable releases only already?
  • I don't think so.
    But how stable was .17 really?  Don't think it will make much of a difference in stability  :#