This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] Harmony Hub App (v1.0.4)

Comments

• @Jon: looks like p/n 815-000101

• Yep, same as my Smart Control, was just checking it also :smile: 
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited February 2016

For the record, the Hub from my Elite package has the following p/n: 815-000118

• Although the P/N are different, they share the same FCC ID, I wonder how different they can be under that same ID...
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited February 2016
    Although the P/N are different, they share the same FCC ID, I wonder how different they can be under that same ID...
    Yeah, I feel the same. It more or less confirms that they are all just different builds of the same thing (small fixes, new firmware, stuff like that).
    Also interesting... there's a "Harmony Ultimate Touch + Hub" being sold on Ebay, which apparently has the exact same model number "815-000118" !
  • My Harmony Ultimate has exactly the same as Will's
    Will said:
    @Jon: looks like p/n 815-000101

• Would be great if I could control everything in cabinet with homey like I do now with my harmony

• First testing of the Harmony Hub app is successfull. A named activity can be started and everything can be turned off through a flow :). Some minor issues with the settings page remain (hub discovery only works once), but that should be solvable in short term. I'll submit the app to app store soon for others to test.

• You are awesome!!! :smiley: 
  • Fire69 said:
    You are awesome!!! :smiley: 
    Inderdeed
  • You're the best!!!
    Love geekbackers! :heart: 
  • Awesome! So starting/stopping activities already works. Is there anything planned for specific Device support through Harmony as well (though I know that's considerably more complicated, as there can be so many different functions in devices) ?.
  • +100 for brinkie!

Would really be great if you manage to get all activity's to work
  • You can start any activity using a flow card, in which you type the name of the activity exactly the way you entered it when you created it. In some future update I hope to replace this with a dropdown of the list of activities you have configured.

• Fire69 said:
    Don't think anybody is working on it.
    Would be much appreciated if you could get it running!!!  <3
    I really really really like to see this working. I sure want to test it if you have a beta or something available.
  • Fire69 said:
    Don't think anybody is working on it.
    Would be much appreciated if you could get it running!!!  <3
    I really really really like to see this working. I sure want to test it if you have a beta or something available.
    brinkie said:

First testing of the Harmony Hub app is successfull. A named activity can be started and everything can be turned off through a flow :). Some minor issues with the settings page remain (hub discovery only works once), but that should be solvable in short term. I'll submit the app to app store soon for others to test.

Brinkie made the app.  Just a little more patience and you will be able to test it :smiley: 
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm cleaning up the repo. Just hold on a little longer. You'll be testing it soon :)
  • Ow, and the app has auto-discovery to easily find your Hub! :smiley:
  • Good news !  Love your dedication @brinkie ! +100 kudos for you
  • Harmony Hub app used in a flow:
  • Sweet!  Can't wait to test it myself!  ;)
  • brinkiebrinkie Member
    edited February 2016
    Bumblez said: Is there anything planned for specific Device support through Harmony as well (though I know that's considerably more complicated, as there can be so many different functions in devices) ?. 
    No plans yet, but I'll definately consider it! 
  • Thanks brinkie, can't wait :)
  • :)  nice, will try it when i get my Homey

• brinkie said:
    Harmony Hub app used in a flow:
    wow that makes it a whole new experience ! really love it! hope i can test it soon!
  • I submitted the Harmony Hub app for first review last night, so shouldn't be long now...

• Would be great if I could control everything in cabinet with homey like I do now with my harmony

If you use activities already, you soon can @MennoVanDerAat ;!
  • @brinkie ;that would make my day ;-)
    (any change you also use kodi?)

I've a few activities

Watch TV
    HTPC (kodi)
    playstation 3
    Xbox one
    lights X10
    curtains
    Listen music

I will f5 the appstore from now
  • Unfortunately the first version of the app had been rejected for the AppStore. Athom seems to think it's a better idea to implement it as a driver (instead of an app) and I have to agree. That would add support for multiple hubs instantly, where the app can support only one.

I'll try to find some time this weekend and hopefully resubmit it soon. 

Thank you all for your support! Keep up the  <3
  • Amazing brinkie. Good stuff, impressive steps. ~Driver it is.