This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

Homey v1.5.X - Experimental

Comments

• Great to see work being done to support Harmony Hub!

Not at home right now, but should this working with the other Harmony App still installed? 
  • Eternity said:
    Great to see work being done to support Harmony Hub!

Not at home right now, but should this working with the other Harmony App still installed? 
    Don't think so. it crashed the 'old' Harmony app in a earlier version. Although the 'old' app crashes fine on its own >:)  
  • Is there an ETA for the final 1.5?
  • Sir_Ray said:
    Is there an ETA for the final 1.5?
    At least a week after the latest major bugs in experimental have been resolved.
    (That is another way to say we don't know.....)
  • Fixes a problem that could cause cloud disconnects

Mijn homey is ineens gedisconnect.
    En reboot van router helpt niet.
    Maar hij is niet gecrasht, want hij reageert op OK Homey, en meldt dan dat hij de server neit kan bereiken.

Hersteld de wifi verbinding zich vanzelf na een bepaalde tijd?
    Cloud connection is a process on Homey, if your Router and WiFi isn't the problem restart Homey (if you still can Login using the local IP from a browser.) or Pull the Plug  and Power-up Homey after an couple of seconds ( 15-30 seconds).  Wait until Homey finished loading and check the Cloud connection ( from the local IP or using https://my.athom.com/#/

and check https://status.athom.com/ to see everything in the cloud is working ;-) 
    Restarted homey and now its working again.
    To bad it doenst restore its own connection after a router reboot.
  • Which bugs were fixed in the last 2 updates?
  • U can always check that at https://firmware.athom.com/
  • savage007savage007 Member
    edited August 2017
    I cant select  my iphone in flows it only shows "kies een apparaat" it shows "geen resultaat gevonden", but when i look at "my phones" it is listed.

I am on Homey Firmware Versie: 1.5.0-rc.9
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited August 2017
    savage007 said:
    I cant select  my iphone in flows it only shows "kies een apparaat" it shows "geen resultaat gevonden", but when i look at "my phones" it is listed.

I am on Homey Firmware Versie: 1.5.0-rc.9
    the new cards that can be used as trigger when phone is called/charging can only be used when the mobile app will be updated, at first only Android will be supported but for know they don't work (1.5 experimental =  not final). Only using the phone card for notications in the then will list your phone.
  • Ah, that explains.... weird that they already enable something that does not work... but hey, it's beta software ;).
  • Well, things get worse.... sensors show triggers but don't start flows....
    Something is seriously broken with this f/w update.
  • Eternity said:
    Well, things get worse.... sensors show triggers but don't start flows....
    Wich firmware update? Last night 1.5.5 experimental was released but nothing has been released in stable and this is a topic for stable comments :) Bugs need to be reported at the github of Athom, not on the forum
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited November 2017
    Your 'help' is getting annoying. You either flame for using the wrong topic, or for nor searching the forum. 

As it is zwave, Aeotec, f/w and now even Greenwave related, understand that Athom should be pleased users respond, post and try to help. You should support that. As ambassador...

If you see my posts, you should see my intention to help. 

Thank you not.

edited November 2017
    Eternity said:
    Your 'help' is getting annoying. You either flame for using the wrong topic, or for nor searching the forum. 

As it is zwave, Aeotec, f/w and now even Greenwave related, understand that Athom should be pleased users respond, post and try to help. You should support that. As ambassador...

If you see my posts, you should see my intention to help. 

Thank you not.

It's no flaming it's just the forum rules that are on the main page of the forum wich ask you to search the forum before posting and post in the right topic. As the title of this topic is saying this is for posts about 1.5.x stable releases, not experimental that can be posted here

When you are using BETA (experimental) releases then you should also know that bugs needs to be reported at the Github of Athom and where you need to post about it otherwise you can better revert to stable because it's called experimental for a reason, we may expect some expertise :) 

You call me ambassador but it's just moderator and i'm asked to let people follow the forum rules wich you can find in the link above wich ask to search and number 10 to report bugs on github. Just for the ease quick solution i will quote them from the link above here below.

1. Stay on topic.

2. Use a meaningful title for your thread.
    (e.g. : Problem with Voice recognition in Swahili, Requested an Homey App for a GPS tracker for my kids, Enhancement idea for a homey with legs)

3. Search for your topic ideas on the forum to see if somebody else already mentioned it somewhere.

4. If you have a question first look at the Knowledge Base to see if you can find your answer there. Never the less don’t hesitate to ask again if this is not clear for you.

5. Be polite and give constructive feedback.

6. Keep the conversation in English as much as possible.

7.   Don't reply to your own posts in the same topic but edit your previous post.

8. If you want me to read along, mention me in your post (@Bram), or one of the moderators (@caseda@lubbertkramer@Priknr1@swttt@TedTolboom@bvdbos@GeurtDijker@rocodamelshe@mruiter)

9. When you need direct support from Athom, mail to support@athom.com.

10. When you found a bug in Homey, make an issue at GitHub.

11. When you come up with a really good enhancement that would benefit everyone, make an issue at GitHub.

edited November 2017
    Made github report.

Stick to moderating. Nicely.

PS
    Check you sig...ambassador
    edited November 2017
    Eternity said:
    Made github report.

Stick to moderating. Nicely.

PS
    Check you sig...ambassador
    Correct but the ambassador program already stopped and removed from the Athom website. it's just a tag that's still on our names. Ambassador was that people could visit someone to see how they use Homey at home and is something different then i do here as moderator.

But great, thanks for the report on issue now Athom can take a look at it 
  • Eternity said:
    Both 1.5.4 and 1.5.5 is truly horrible updates.. and the problem isnt that it has some bugs in it, the problem is that it broke things that were working alright.. and as far as I know there is a developer channel for testing before it reaches experimental...
    edited November 2017
    Eternity said:
    Both 1.5.4 and 1.5.5 is truly horrible updates.. and the problem isnt that it has some bugs in it, the problem is that it broke things that were working alright.. and as far as I know there is a developer channel for testing before it reaches experimental...
    To answer your question yes there is a developer preview branch that takes out most bugs but experimental is also BETA and things may break in there even when developer preview (alpha) tested it because Athom is still working on the release to get it to stable but wants a larger scale test. Users choose to use a not stable experimental release on a production Homey.  It's just like rebuilding (your home) it always first get worse before it gets better :) 
    edited November 2017
    Modbreak:
    Above posts from this post are added from comments split from: Homey v1.5.X - Stable
  • Eternity said:
    To answer your question yes there is a developer preview branch that takes out most bugs but experimental is also BETA and things may break in there even when developer preview (alpha) tested it because Athom is still working on the release to get it to stable but wants a larger scale test. Users choose to use a not stable experimental release on a production Homey.  It's just like rebuilding (your home) it always first get worse before it gets better :) 
    Well in my opinion, not stable is not equal to not working.. and your example isnt a good one either as you probably never would rebuild your home into something worse than you already had.
    edited November 2017
    Eternity said:
    Well in my opinion, not stable is not equal to not working.. and your example isnt a good one either as you probably never would rebuild your home into something worse than you already had.
    To make it better it first gets worse is what i said. First you get a big mesh and then it's getting better haha :) Firmware goes from Alpha (most bugs out/reported) to Beta (larger test) to Stable where Alpha and Beta both are not stable and used at your own risk/choice (as mentioned when you activate it) Not stable means there can be unexpected or unexplained behaviour with your Homey, apps or devices
    edited November 2017
    Modbreak:
    As you are not a moderator and the post was not very nice your post is removed. Dbonsaksen  is posting in the right experimental topic because above posts are moved from the wrong topic where you started the discussion in the wrong (stable) topic

• I knew it... 

@Emile
    I guess I should reconsider my future Homey reviews. Remember my earlier publications in PCM? 
    edited November 2017
    Eternity said:
    I knew it... 

@Emile
    I guess I should reconsider my future Homey reviews. Remember my earlier publications in PCM? 
    If you knew it why post a post like that is rude and childish to other users? Be the man on the picture and act like an adult instead of posting to other users that they are wrong or using something you wrote in PCM once. Be the ambassador (even when you don't have it at your name) for Homey always and don't use it as threat when you are noted about posting in the wrong section wich was right to do.

You started a discussion about experimental in stable and your posts are moved with the note that you need to post in the right topic and that issues/feature requests belong at Github. You have more then 2000+ visits on this forum so you already know those forum rules as written here and mentioned above and you know that Athom is not watching the forum actively. Only @Bram is monitoring during weekdays and when we tag him.

This has nothing to do with flaming or something but just with keeping the forum clean for users that are not that smart as you or are new and find posts about a new update but they don't have an update wich is very confusing.

• Priknr1Priknr1 Member
    edited November 2017
    Eternity said:
    I knew it... 

@Emile
    I surely hope this is not how you treat your family, friends and coworkers in real life. You sure know the wrong way how to motivate people to help/like/assist you.

I get that things are frustrating sometimes, but I think with a different approach you could get way more done.
    edited November 2017
    Ah, no we even have extra moderators posting off-topic, which was the reason I got flamed and my message was deleted (and others not, to bias even more) in the first place. Let's see if you get flamed, too. 

I could elaborate and explain my reasons, both will not do so. For me this subject is close.
  • Sooo, what happened to 1.5.5? Isn't shown as update option anymore.
  • Is there an ETA of 1.5.5? Need 1.5.5 to my Xiaomi sensors to work.
  • 1.5.5 is in experimental, but will never reach stable, as it is just not stable enough

1.5.6 will be coming up pretty soon to experimental, and are now ironing the last breaking bugs out of it before stable enough for experimental.

There will never be an ETA, so you can stop asking that, it is done when it is done, can take a day, but also several weeks.
This discussion has been closed.