This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

Homey v1.5.X - Experimental

Comments

• fiekfiek Member
    edited December 2017
    @cbh I also did that, but I still have problems, but only with ones on the attic. Maybe they are bad quality. Maybe it is time to place another Fibaro wall plug there as well. I have one on the 1st floor, that did the trick for the non working neo plugs  on the first floor
  • @fiek
    just because you find that is the best route, maybe the z-wave devices find it otherwise.
    there can be a lot of interference for example from the one on the attic to the one you find the best route. 
    A big concrete roof/floor or something metal (or a combination of) in between can cause this big time.
    Even something that you can't see or think of that makes the signal way worse.

Extending the mesh network is always a good idea :smile:
  • None of my 433 mhz devices work anymore after the most recent firmware update. sensors, plugs, relays... all dead now. Really regret having this update installed
  • Now this is weird... Homey suddenly counted down for a factory reset. I didn't even touch the darn thing. Now it won't connect to my network anymore. This recent update really screwed up my homey. 
  • Stevos said:
    Now this is weird... Homey suddenly counted down for a factory reset. I didn't even touch the darn thing. Now it won't connect to my network anymore. This recent update really screwed up my homey. 
    Contact Athom by email support@athom.com or on Slack, signup  here https://slack.athom.com/ and contact @Bram

• Stevos said:
    Now this is weird... Homey suddenly counted down for a factory reset. I didn't even touch the darn thing. Now it won't connect to my network anymore. This recent update really screwed up my homey. 
    Contact Athom by email support@athom.com or on Slack, signup  here https://slack.athom.com/ and contact @Bram

Already did. Awaiting response
  • konradwalshkonradwalsh Member
    edited December 2017
    I think its clear that this firmware has caused A LOT of issues.

I find it very very frustrating to have a response from Athom Support to suggest its the app developers fault..

I find it equally frustrating to have the experienced chime in and say we should expect this because its experimental.. 

Of course we do.. but we like having cutting edge.  this is why we are into Home Automation in the first place.

It actually is much more simple. Two days ago all of the people above claim to have had stable systems including me. Today we dont.

It would be less frustrating to have Athom/Experienced Users say - 'Yes, this firmware caused more problems than expected' instead of saying to the user - Did reboot// did you leave it settle// did you ....
    That way we are not going around making the problem worse.

Please understand, I know everyone is just trying to help out and be helpful which is what makes this community great. But sometimes, we have be real too
  • My feedback so far.
    I have been away for the past few days and Homey updated itself to 1.5.6 rc6. So I had no clue of how long it took and glad that happened else, I bet I would have been nervous to update and during the update like many other members above.
    Nobody to PTP, nobody to disturb Homey.
    Came back today and everything seems to work. Zigbee works, z-wave works.
    A bit shy, I have included one of my six Fibaro's motion sensors. All those six sensors have been just sitting with battery removed since the stupid z-wave bug. So far so good, the sensor works perfect. But it has been only a couple of hours and I hope I am not speaking too soon.
    Tomorrow I plan to include the second and so on. You will hear if no joy and the bug strikes again. Yes, I know "I am on experimental" hope the new dev tools will help Athom fixing this once it for all and get this Homey promoted here down under as so far it will be a shoot in my own foot to sell this as an HA controller.
    Thanks to Athom for this so far good firmware, and for the hard work. Sorry to hear other members have big issues with this new firmware...
  • Also upgraded the minute it came out.
    All went well although it seemed to take a bit longer than usual (like 30min?).

Everything worked like expected after the update.
  • fiek said:
    I am really happy with the update, I finally have for 99% no more delays in the zwave network. for the remaining 1% I can see that the zwave route to devices are indeed causing the issue. So that is a matter of re-adding the devices the "right" way. 
    Can you tell me what the right way is to add the devices? I have problems with my plugs on the attic. I see that the plugs can take a better route in my node list. I tried waking them up and re adding them close to Homey. But they take the same inefficient route. 

what works for me is putting your homey close (same room, max a couple of meters) to the device to be added. New devices can only be added with direct connection to the controller (homey) and not routed (via via other devices).
    On inclusion (device being added) the device itselfs draws up a routing map of neighboring devices to communicate with. So it doesn't matter if the controller is not directly reachable anymore as it will try to communicate via the neighbor devices. With the latest update I can finally can see the last working / known route and it helps me with devices which work not all the times as I can see the "wronly" added devices ;-)

ps. I use a powerbank to walk around with the homey until I am finished.
  • Homey is kinda bricked now. It just won't connect to any network anymore. After contacting the athom staff I was advised to send it to their office for further inspection. Hopefully I'll see my homey back soon in good condition
  • Stevos said:
    Homey is kinda bricked now. It just won't connect to any network anymore. After contacting the athom staff I was advised to send it to their office for further inspection. Hopefully I'll see my homey back soon in good condition
    a
    so.. meanwhile.. you've no home controls or automations?
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited December 2017
    I think its clear that this firmware has caused A LOT of issues.

I find it very very frustrating to have a response from Athom Support to suggest its the app developers fault..

I find it equally frustrating to have the experienced chime in and say we should expect this because its experimental.. 

Of course we do.. but we like having cutting edge.  this is why we are into Home Automation in the first place.

It actually is much more simple. Two days ago all of the people above claim to have had stable systems including me. Today we dont.

It would be less frustrating to have Athom/Experienced Users say - 'Yes, this firmware caused more problems than expected' instead of saying to the user - Did reboot// did you leave it settle// did you ....
    That way we are not going around making the problem worse.

Please understand, I know everyone is just trying to help out and be helpful which is what makes this community great. But sometimes, we have be real too
    You shouldn't (as in must) expect this but may/can expect this with experimental... Then you may run into an unstable system. I let Homey run it's update without pulling the plug prematurely. Took her over three hours but no issues whatsoever. And to find out what's causing the issue, Athom needs to know wether the update-process was interrupted prematurely.
  • Stevos said:
    Homey is kinda bricked now. It just won't connect to any network anymore. After contacting the athom staff I was advised to send it to their office for further inspection. Hopefully I'll see my homey back soon in good condition
    a
    so.. meanwhile.. you've no home controls or automations?
    none whatsoever unfortunately. I'm having signs of withdrawl already, haha
  • @Stevos I will do my best to return your Homey as fast as possible:)
  • Since I updated from Homey firmware 1.5.5 to 1.5.6 the zigbee mesh network is not working anymore. Not immediately, but after some hours. The network looks like this:

After a PTP and waiting some time it looks like this:

But, after some hours, Homey will loose the connection with the network again.
    I have Tradfri bulbs and some Xiaomi Mi ZigBee endpoint devices. The distance between Homey and the closest 5 bulbs is 1 to 4 meters.
    I did a search in github issues and could not find a similar zigbee issue. Does that mean I am the only one? And can somebody help me to solve my problem.
  • MODBREAK:
    Merged above post from a seperated made topic into the 1.5.x experimental generic topic. 
  • Just to report back..

I notice stability returning last night to my system

Today suddenly things are responding better and seems 90% back to normal

I guess time allowed for healing of the network
  • Bram said:
    @Stevos I will do my best to return your Homey as fast as possible:)

Thanks Bram!
    Homey is on it's way to you now.  Take good care of him  

• Homey is on it's way to you now.  Take good care of him  
    Him?

I thought it was a her?
  • xAPPOxAPPO Member
    edited December 2017

Him?

I thought it was a her?

I guess that isn't helping your frustration ...  being on the cutting edge in experimental ;)

• lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited December 2017
    Update with caution and only update an experimental update if you know what you are doing and what the risks are to prevent unpleasent situations for yourself and your home. Let Homey run don't panic and don't PTP to early so you don't end up with a bricked Homey.

1.5.6.RC7 just been released to the experimental channel

1.5.6-rc.7 experimental

• [Core] Update Node.js to 8.9.3
    • [Other] Various bugfixes and improvements
  • Update with caution and only update an experimental update if you know what you are doing and what the risks are to prevent unpleasent situations for yourself and your home. Let Homey run don't panic and don't PTP to early so you don't end up with a bricked Homey.

1.5.6-rc.7 experimental

Hi, any idea what the [Other] Various bugfixes and improvements are? Can't find it on GitHub and I am very happy with rc6, but curious what rc7 brings :-)
  • ingmar said:
    Update with caution and only update an experimental update if you know what you are doing and what the risks are to prevent unpleasent situations for yourself and your home. Let Homey run don't panic and don't PTP to early so you don't end up with a bricked Homey.

1.5.6-rc.7 experimental

Hi, any idea what the [Other] Various bugfixes and improvements are? Can't find it on GitHub and I am very happy with rc6, but curious what rc7 brings :-)
    That can be found in GitHub indeed, there is Athom using the labels for :) If you monitor is and look at the label "staged for release" for example you know what the upcoming update will have as fixes / improvements 
  • ingmar said:

1.5.6-rc.7 experimental

That can be found in GitHub indeed, there is Athom using the labels for :) If you monitor is and look at the label "staged for release" for example you know what the upcoming update will have as fixes / improvements 

Thanks for your quick answer, I noticed that, but does athom clear the staged for the release tag after they released an rc update? With other words, if I look now at everything with the label "staged for release", will it be in the currrent rc?
    If not, it is a bit gambling what will be in the update ;-)
  • 1.5.6-rc.7:

I've just received some more Xiaomi devices and added them to Homey, but they were added twice and didn't work as expected. Made a Github issue for it: https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/2078
    Wondering if others see the same.
  • danone said:
    My feedback so far.
    I have been away for the past few days and Homey updated itself to 1.5.6 rc6. So I had no clue of how long it took and glad that happened else, I bet I would have been nervous to update and during the update like many other members above.
    Nobody to PTP, nobody to disturb Homey.
    Came back today and everything seems to work. Zigbee works, z-wave works.
    A bit shy, I have included one of my six Fibaro's motion sensors. All those six sensors have been just sitting with battery removed since the stupid z-wave bug. So far so good, the sensor works perfect. But it has been only a couple of hours and I hope I am not speaking too soon.
    Tomorrow I plan to include the second and so on. You will hear if no joy and the bug strikes again. Yes, I know "I am on experimental" hope the new dev tools will help Athom fixing this once it for all and get this Homey promoted here down under as so far it will be a shoot in my own foot to sell this as an HA controller.
    Thanks to Athom for this so far good firmware, and for the hard work. Sorry to hear other members have big issues with this new firmware...
    No crash on z-wave at all since 1.5.6
    Added two more Fibaro motion, now 3 included in total. Before even one Fibaro motion used to crash the z-wave. 
    However, the Fibaro motion sensors work randomly, one hour motion alarm stuck on, the other hour no motion alarm and so on. I still cannot have proper flows based on those sensors.
    Hope into a stable version soon.
  • NewTon said:

I did a search in github issues and could not find a similar zigbee issue. Does that mean I am the only one? And can somebody help me to solve my problem.

No, I have exactly the same issue. Zigbee/Tradfri is still misbehaving like it always has been doing from the start for me.
  • Homey is back from his holiday weekend @ Athom. It took Homey some time to get used to get back to work, but Homey seems to be fine with it now. He also received the newest update which made him feel even better
  • Maybe a stupid question but I can't find out how to disable the experimental updates. 
    I only can disable all the updates but can't choose to only get the full working ones.

This discussion has been closed.