Welcome to the Athom Community Forum! This is a place to share ideas, ask for help and discuss about Homey in general.

Please read Welcome to the forum to get started.
Closed Official

Homey v1.5.X - Experimental

13468911

Comments

  • Eternity said:
    This is the first time I have delayed installing a new f/w. I am eager to test it, as I hope to be able to benefit from the z-wave improvements (and finally include my missing Spirit radiator valves, and delete non-deleted z-wave devices), but reading the posted issues I am hesitant...

    So, how about some good news stories!
    Who has updated successfully and is happy with the new firmware?


    Yes, very keen to upgrade also, but got too much set up to risk losing it all.
    Need to know it works please.
    Andrew
  • Eternity said:
    This is the first time I have delayed installing a new f/w. I am eager to test it, as I hope to be able to benefit from the z-wave improvements (and finally include my missing Spirit radiator valves, and delete non-deleted z-wave devices), but reading the posted issues I am hesitant...

    So, how about some good news stories!
    Who has updated successfully and is happy with the new firmware?


    Worked just fine for me, doesn't see much difference after just one day. Took about 10-15 mins with purple spinning before it was finished.
  • Installed 1.5.6 yesterday - until now haven't encountered any problems...
  • Thanks for the feedback. I have started the update. Will report back after it has finished the update process. As I understand, this might take several hours. 
  • After the recent firmware update, none of my kaku devices work anymore
  • Fairly successful for me too. Took about 15-20 minutes (which I thought was awfully long, how can an update take hours for heaven's sake?), but went fine. Zigbee/Ikea Tradfri seems to have improved quite drastically, no more 1-3 second delays before commands are executed by the bulbs. Also a lot less random weirdness like sending 4 bulbs an off signal and only 3 turn off etc. 

    Z-Wave I don't notice a whole lot of difference, still suboptimal, but at least the developer tools are more insightful. Kaku still works. 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Moderator, Backer - Geek Edition
    @Stevos : If KaKu stops working, you can pull the plug (PTP) and tryu again. 99.9% of the times this is the easiest solution.
    @Eternity : 1.5.6 works good for me after >3 hours updating. But it's experimental for a reason :)
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited December 2017
    Well, I just updated. Entire process took 20 minutes. A quick glance shows no errors. I also was able to remove 2 z-wave devices that refused to delete in the previous f/w. The others I still can't delete. Perhaps after a PTP.

    So.... seems OK in my case and situation... 

  • Updated to 1.5.6-RC6. Process took round about 30 Minutes. All seem s fine at the moment.
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited December 2017
    @Bram
    Since 1.5.6-RC6, Homey alarms (wekker in dutch), even when not active, start telling me, after a tune, it's time to get up, only an alarm-time is set, no flow is started, why ??? (yes I know I can remove the alarms)

    edit: enable and disable the alarm solves this behavior, probably the default is always ON, never had this before.
  • Stevos said:
    After the recent firmware update, none of my kaku devices work anymore
    Restart your homey by unplugging the power for >10 seconds
    Helped me before
  • After the 1.5.6-RC6 update, my Z-wave network failed. A reboot solved the issue
  • Updated yesterday in 15 minutes. Encountered no problems yet.
  • FreddanB said:
    Mwahhh said:
    FreddanB said:
    Mwahhh said:
    Love 1.5.6-rc.6.. after the update Homey went offline and never came back. Tried to pull the plug, still offline. Cannot reach Homey through its static IP. Entered recovery mode and cannot connect to any Wifi network that I own... Will look at it again tomorrow.. More people with the same issue?
    Same here right now i´m feeling to put my homey into the trash.
    Well don't ;) I've sent an mail to support@athom.com, maybe they can share some tips on how to fix this..
    Me too
    Ok got it fixed. Normally I have all my Wi-Fi networks hidden, made one visible again and it connected.. Didn't know that Homey had some difficulties with that.
  • Worked ok for me so far, 20min to update.
  • fiekfiek Member
    edited December 2017
    Also no problems here after installing 1.5.6. Minor thing is that my fibaro motion sensor still gives a tamper alert
  • Yes tamper alarm issue still alive 
  • jcmjcm Member
    edited December 2017
    Did the update and now I have a red ring. :s
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited December 2017
    jcm said:
    Did the update and now I have a red ring. :s
    At all above with a red ring (or other problems after updating to 1.5.6.RC6 experimental) just contact Athom support by the official channels support@athom.com Keep in mind you updated to an experimental update, as the warning when you activate it and here mentioned things can go wrong with that.

    When the problem isn't a bricked Homey please submit an issue at the Github of Athom so Athom has all problems with 1.5.6.RC6 experimental in scope and can solve them :)   

    Posting on the forum about it is not the best place to get support because it's a community forum, Athom is not always around here (but somethimes they do) :) 
  • bvdbos said:
    @Stevos : If KaKu stops working, you can pull the plug (PTP) and tryu again. 99.9% of the times this is the easiest solution.
    Unfortunately, this didn't help. I can't be the only one with this problem
  • Updated and sofar no problems
    kaku is also working fine
  • JulianJulian Backer - Homey
    Update went fine, 15-20 minutes. KAKU did not work, PTP solved that. Only LEDitor does not work ATM as far I see. 
  • Update takes 30 Minutes but everything fine. But still their are delays in the Zwave events as also by the versions before. No other issues till now.
  • Man.. I so regret having automatic upgrade switched on...
  • Eternity said:
    This is the first time I have delayed installing a new f/w. I am eager to test it, as I hope to be able to benefit from the z-wave improvements (and finally include my missing Spirit radiator valves, and delete non-deleted z-wave devices), but reading the posted issues I am hesitant...

    So, how about some good news stories!
    Who has updated successfully and is happy with the new firmware?



    I am really happy with the update, I finally have for 99% no more delays in the zwave network. for the remaining 1% I can see that the zwave route to devices are indeed causing the issue. So that is a matter of re-adding the devices the "right" way. One of the greatest noticeable improvements is a fibaro wall switch which only worked for a couple of hours after rebooting Homey, with this update it works flawlessly now!
  • Not all my 433Mhz temperature sensors show up after the upgrade. Will try to reinstall the App to start over.
  • JPeJPe Member
    edited December 2017
    When something not work as expected, it's always a good practice to pull the plug for 10 minutes and then try again, give Homey several minutes to start up all devices, be patient. 
  • jcm said:
    Did the update and now I have a red ring. :s
    At all above with a red ring (or other problems after updating to 1.5.6.RC6 experimental) just contact Athom support by the official channels support@athom.com Keep in mind you updated to an experimental update, as the warning when you activate it and here mentioned things can go wrong with that.

    When the problem isn't a bricked Homey please submit an issue at the Github of Athom so Athom has all problems with 1.5.6.RC6 experimental in scope and can solve them :)   

    Posting on the forum about it is not the best place to get support because it's a community forum, Athom is not always around here (but somethimes they do) :) 
    Still its good to know for potential users on the forum that consider to do the experimental update if someone is experiencing problems... 
  • I am really happy with the update, I finally have for 99% no more delays in the zwave network. for the remaining 1% I can see that the zwave route to devices are indeed causing the issue. So that is a matter of re-adding the devices the "right" way. 
    Can you tell me what the right way is to add the devices? I have problems with my plugs on the attic. I see that the plugs can take a better route in my node list. I tried waking them up and re adding them close to Homey. But they take the same inefficient route. 
  • @fiek: Adding stuff close to Homey and then moving it somewhere will not help.

    In general terms (how z-wave works, not specific to Homey):
    When adding a device, the surrounding devices will be taken into account when the z-wave-system plan the most efficient route. If you then move the device, the system will not know this route isn't good any more, but try to use it, although inefficient.
    When information loss and delays are evident for some time, another route will be chosen as the preferred - but that may take som time, depending on the system.

    I had a rough time in the beginning, as I didn't get this concept and included everything just next to Homey (and later on actually moved it as well) - but when I finally read what the experienced guys in this forum wrote - and included devices on their final destination, things changed :-)

    Initially, I used a very long extension cord to walk around the house with Homey, but (again, reading the forum) I bought a powerbank and made Homey mobile :-)
This discussion has been closed.