This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

Homey v1.5.X - Experimental

Comments

• Not sure if it appreciated but: all is ok. Hue, Fibaro, Panasonic, Netatmo, Google (Home, Nest, Cast), Thermosmart, Marantz, other. Cheers, Athom!
  • Everything is going great here.
    My network is purely z-wave based and was running 100% after the update.

Today i bought some hue bulbs to go with my z-wave setup, everything is working fine through the builtin ZigBee driver - i don't need dimming, so i won't be testing the hue/bridge-app.
  • Hi lurendrejer, If you didnt use the hue app How Did you discover the hue lights?
  • Hi bartglim.
    I just powered the bulb on (It will then be in pair mode for a few seconds) - and then added a "zigbee device" to homey. Just like a basic z-wave device it will only have on/off functionality, no dimming.

• before 1.5 my insights were 80 mb  now insights are 403 mb :# someone knows how come?
    thx!
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited August 2017
    When I try opening the Insights settings it gets stuck on 'Loading' and the I get a popup 'Homey offline' :open_mouth:
    After a couple of minutes, it's back...
  • Fire69 said:
    When I try opening the Insights settings it gets stuck on 'Loading' and the I get a popup 'Homey offline' :open_mouth:
    After a couple of minutes, it's back...
    Did get the same 

https://github.com/athombv/homey/issues/1708

• Just updated to Rc2.

So far all good here. Thanks!
  • phone card in the IF Column is not working--> Phones can't be selected because they are not found.
    In the AND and the THEN column there is no problem
  • @glijie correct first the mobile app needs to get an update :) 
  • Issue with HUE and release 1.5.0 rc2 is solved via update of HUE app v2.2.6. Works like a charm again. Thanks!!
  • After updating 1.5.0. rc2 homey stalls on loading. After a few seconds of connecting it tells me it's not connected to the cloud and i can't reach Homey anymore. It seems Homey has lost all conenctions. A quick look to the system in the few seconds I have, i see a load avg of 27+ !! I think some app or corefile is crashing during start up.... 

I tried every reboot i can think of, and still it stalls and quits at the end... hope it gets fixed soon...
  • Did you just let it wait? All insights-data has to be migrated so can take up to a few hours...
  • @MarcoWijk just like @bvdbos said it's know because all your insights are migrated and can take up to one hour + depending on how many you have. Just let it run :) 
  • @lubbertkramer its one hour +12 now... crashed @8 am though... so i needed to restart the whole proces again... :/
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited August 2017
    MarcoWijk said:
    @lubbertkramer its one hour +12 now... crashed @8 am though... so i needed to restart the whole proces again... :/
    Bummer! Good to send a log to Athom and report it so that they can see if it was a bug or something else and can take it along in the road for 1.5 to stable
  • MarcoWijk said:
    @lubbertkramer its one hour +12 now... crashed @8 am though... so i needed to restart the whole proces again... :/
    Bummer! Good to send a log to Athom and report it so that they can see if it was a bug or something else and can take it along in the road for 1.5 to stable
    @lubbertkramer that might be a problem. Homey doesn't stay connected long enough... :/
  • MarcoWijkMarcoWijk Member
    edited August 2017
    Okay... can i say that the 1.5.0 rc-2 is a really crappy update? Migration migraine overhere. I know, i know it's beta, experimental etc etc. but it still is crappy
  • MarcoWijk said:
    Okay... can i say that the 1.5.0 rc-2 is a really crappy update? Migration migraine overhere. I know, i know it's beta, experimental etc etc. but it still is crapy
    So far, I have not encountered any problems. The bugs I reported for 1.3.2 are solved.
    I have only a few apps installed and compatibility issues are not unlikely with an update lik this. Or course it is very important that Athom fixes the issues before releasing to stable. 

I think it is still good to warn people to be extra careful when updating to the experimental version. 
  • JPeJPe Member
    Do more people having problems with Sonos? Cannot play my spotify for sonos playlist anymore.
  • MarcoWijk said:
    Okay... can i say that the 1.5.0 rc-2 is a really crappy update? Migration migraine overhere. I know, i know it's beta, experimental etc etc. but it still is crappy
    It depends on who you ask, I didn't have this problem on my expirimental Homey but thanks for testing and reporting it. (I guess my stable Homey would be affected)
    Athom worked  thru the evening to get rc2 immediate after someone in dev preview reported a nasty bug that happens after a factory reset.
    They  found it and fixed it it rc2 before everyone in experimental got rc1.

And for rc3  again they worked until Friday evening,
    And maybe  the same:

So waiting until they have had time to fix it, a couple of reported errors are already fixed but new nnasty ones will have to be fixed also before they again release to experimental. 
    I guess rc3 will be skipped for experimental.
  • updated to 1.5 rc2 but some flows are not working anymore, and slow speech, did not reconize voice command.
    have not investigeate yet why flows aren't working to busy this weekend.

Did notice Insights migration was still running after 12h now, and after abour 24h i did a ptp.
    Now homey is slow and Devices tab is unreachable (Cannot GET /manager/zones/) also get this message:  SQLITE_FULL: database or disk is full, when i load system tab in settings.
  • cbhcbh Member
    Lost connection to all Fibaro Dimmer 2-modules after upgrade...
    Now homey is slow and Devices tab is unreachable (Cannot GET /manager/zones/) also get this message:  SQLITE_FULL: database or disk is full, when i load system tab in settings.
    With this you  should contact Athom support directly by email, on slack and/or with a github issue. I couldn't find an issue with SQLITE_FULL so fast but if it doesn't exist create an issue and communicate your github issue and or slack name in the email to support so they can contact you.
    I am sure they will help you and it will help u to get an better and stable release.
  • 1.5.0 RC2 installed and i have a lot of apps which are crashing ... and i mean a lot (within 24 hrs half of the almost 40 apps which are running have been crashed). All the apps crash with a mostly useless stack trace:

Stack trace:

No stack trace available

Exit code: null
    Exit signal: SIGKILL

The apps which are the fastest 'crashers':

HomeKit (no prob here is beta)
    Sonos
    KlikaanKlikuit
    Philips Hue

Mostly these 4 apps are gone within the hour. I have a feeling i'm the only one since i cannot find a topic about a lot of apps crashes. How to debug or find the source of the failure ? 
  • JPe said:
    Do more people having problems with Sonos? Cannot play my spotify for sonos playlist anymore.
    Restarting the app did the trick for me. All playlists are back again.
  • This might not be new to 1.5.0-rc2, but I do have some problems pairing Fibaro devices. It takes about 5-10 attempts. Perhaps I'm pressing the button too fast or too slow, but I had the impression it was easier (took less attempts) in my previous apartment. 
  • JaapPelt said:
    This might not be new to 1.5.0-rc2, but I do have some problems pairing Fibaro devices. It takes about 5-10 attempts. Perhaps I'm pressing the button too fast or too slow, but I had the impression it was easier (took less attempts) in my previous apartment. 
    What distance are you trying to pair at?  Never had any real problems here.

Concerning the problems with Insights in Settings... I just deleted all my Insights data.  No more Homey going offline now, it nicely loads the page with a graph.
    Let's hope the problem doesn't return when data for Insights grows again.
  • Fire69 said:
    JaapPelt said:
    This might not be new to 1.5.0-rc2, but I do have some problems pairing Fibaro devices. It takes about 5-10 attempts. Perhaps I'm pressing the button too fast or too slow, but I had the impression it was easier (took less attempts) in my previous apartment. 
    What distance are you trying to pair at?  Never had any real problems here.

I read in the Fibaro manual that it has a secure pairing option with a range of only 2 meters and a non-secure paring option. I'm always within 2 meters when I try to pair something just to be on the safe side.

There is a good change that it has nothing to do with Homey, but that I'm pressing the buttons too slow or too fast. I'm just throwing it out there to see if other people have the same experience. So far it seems rare and not related to 1.5.0.  
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited August 2017
    Well, I too have had issues including Fibaro. Seems the triple click is a hit-and-miss case. Eventually it works :-)
This discussion has been closed.