This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official

Homey v1.5.X - Experimental

Comments

• TonD83TonD83 Member
    edited November 2017
    I’m posting in experimental for a reason; don’t care about stable.

the situation is quite simple; I’m still on 1.5.3 because 1.5.4 even further ruins the IKEA Tradfri experience. Then, 1.5.5 was released in Experimental and supposedly fixed the Tradfri issue. But now 1.5.5 is no longer anywhere to be found. So, I repeat my question, what happened to 1.5.5?
  • 1.5.5 was pulled because that was a bug in it that was not good for your Homey. So, 1.5.5 will be skipped and we will go straight to 1.5.6 once all the bugs have been solved
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited November 2017
    Hmmm, my Homey runs 1.5.5, how is it not good for my Homey? @Bram Will it explode? Will it melt? Will it blend?
  • Hmmm, my Homey runs 1.5.5, how is it not good for my Homey? @Bram Will it explode? Will it melt? Will it blend?
    There was an issue in the updater, updating to 1.5.5. could end in a problem. 
    If you successfully update you are lucky it didn't fail. 
    The updater in 1.5.6 is fixed.  
  • @mruiter was so kind to help identify the first bugs - these have been squashed now. Anybody else willing to test?
  • BramBram Member
    edited November 2017
    @DaneeDeKruyff It will always blend, would not recommend it though!
  • would it not be better to make a difference between updates for security  / bugfixxes and new features.

Since 1 nov there is an update with certain security fixes, shouldn't these be released to public as soon as possible to make sure every homey is secure? 
  • Bram said:
    1.5.5 was pulled because that was a bug in it that was not good for your Homey. So, 1.5.5 will be skipped and we will go straight to 1.5.6 once all the bugs have been solved
    1.5.5 runs like a rock over here <span>:neutral:</span>
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited November 2017
    @glijie It was 70/30 chance the update to 1.5.5 succeeded, or failed, you were part of the 70% where it was successful, but that percentage is too low to call stable enough for experimental.

(disclaimer, percentages are examples only, to show why it was pulled, they are not exact numbers)
  • Well, here 1.5.5 installed but is giving multiple z-wave issues. Partly resolved with a coupe of PTP's, some still persistent. Looking forward to the next release :-)

• For me 1.5.5 works ok. I only face issus whit a Neo coolcom plugh. In the Z-wave log I see 'Received application command ...' But as  soon as I try to switch the plugh I got: Error: Transmit_Complete_No_Ack.
  • Hmmm, my Homey runs 1.5.5, how is it not good for my Homey? @Bram Will it explode? Will it melt? Will it blend?..
    Homey runs ok on 1.5.5, @Bram Will Homey get suicidal on me? Or Chucky like? Or " I'm afraid i can't do that ... Dave"  :s

:D :#  
  • MarcoWijk said:
    Hmmm, my Homey runs 1.5.5, how is it not good for my Homey? @Bram Will it explode? Will it melt? Will it blend?..
    Homey runs ok on 1.5.5, @Bram Will Homey get suicidal on me? Or Chucky like? Or " I'm afraid i can't do that ... Dave"  :s

:D :#  
    I think the problem wasnt so much with 1.5.5 not running properly.
    Biggest problem was during installing it might hang.  So when it installed fine, like in your case, you dont have to worry it will hurt your Homey.
  • BramBram Member
    edited December 2017
    @MarcoWijk I think the worst thing that could happen is Homey telling you: "Hello Marco, I want to play a game...." similar to this
  • Bram said:
    @MarcoWijk I think the worst thing that could happen is Homey telling you: "Hello Marco, I want to play a game...." similar to this
    Any update on if this release is going stable in december?
  • Bram said:
    @Bram Lol  :D
  • I have 1.5.5 and Ikea trådfri. Its stable to switch on/off one device and then next etc, but using device groups is impossible. Different lights does not power on or off. I hope this will be better in 1.5.6!!!
  • johane77 said:
    I have 1.5.5 and Ikea trådfri. Its stable to switch on/off one device and then next etc, but using device groups is impossible. Different lights does not power on or off. I hope this will be better in 1.5.6!!!
    Yes, i have te same problem wit 6 ikea GU10 in a group. Always 1 or 2 that miss a state.
  • I installed 1.5.6-rc.6 and it look very impressive, it is at least stable! I like the zwave node routing table the most, it already gave me insight in that I have to re-add some nodes.
  • Love 1.5.6-rc.6.. after the update Homey went offline and never came back. Tried to pull the plug, still offline. Cannot reach Homey through its static IP. Entered recovery mode and cannot connect to any Wifi network that I own... Will look at it again tomorrow.. More people with the same issue?
  • Mwahhh said:
    Love 1.5.6-rc.6.. after the update Homey went offline and never came back. Tried to pull the plug, still offline. Cannot reach Homey through its static IP. Entered recovery mode and cannot connect to any Wifi network that I own... Will look at it again tomorrow.. More people with the same issue?
    Same here right now i´m feeling to put my homey into the trash.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited December 2017
    Updating took > 3 hours for me but working perfectly. If you can't get Homey online, you better send a mail to support@athom.com. Didn't see anyone on slack with these issues. @Bram ^^
  • For some reason I do get crash report of my ANWB app from people who run the latest experimental. 

/wireless/ble.js:1
    (function (exports, require, module, __filename, __dirname) { 

SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token
        at createScript (vm.js:80:10)
        at Object.runInThisContext (vm.js:139:10)
        at Module._compile (module.js:599:28)
        at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:646:10)
        at Module.load (module.js:554:32)
        at tryModuleLoad (module.js:497:12)
        at Function.Module._load (module.js:489:3)
        at Module.require (module.js:579:17)
        at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
        at /helpers/types.js:55:23

• App screensavers is not fully working anymore under 1.5.6-rc.6.

• FreddanB said:
    Mwahhh said:
    Love 1.5.6-rc.6.. after the update Homey went offline and never came back. Tried to pull the plug, still offline. Cannot reach Homey through its static IP. Entered recovery mode and cannot connect to any Wifi network that I own... Will look at it again tomorrow.. More people with the same issue?
    Well don't ;) I've sent an mail to support@athom.com, maybe they can share some tips on how to fix this..
  • konradwalshkonradwalsh Member
    edited December 2017
    Hmmm... on my third PTP.. this update seems to have killed off some of my switches.. namely, the heating  switches.. SO the house is getting cold

Is there a roll back method?
  • Mwahhh said:
    FreddanB said:
    Mwahhh said:
    Well don't ;) I've sent an mail to support@athom.com, maybe they can share some tips on how to fix this..
    Me too
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited December 2017
    @konradwalsh reverting from this update is not possible at all, it will break more then fix.
    Just contact athom if reboot and ptp doesn't work

Welcome to experimental @everyone
    If any of you have trouble after the update to 1.5.6 RC6 (for example rebooting homey to soon yourself because of impatience as this is a very big update, which can take multiple hours)

contact athom @ support@athom.com
    for help to fix your homey again.
  • Ok.. after an 1 hr of PTPs I am up and running except lots of TRANSMIT_COMPLETE_ACK_UNKNOWN Messages

So switch states are not getting updated and therefore flows are failing

I will contact athom support
  • This is the first time I have delayed installing a new f/w. I am eager to test it, as I hope to be able to benefit from the z-wave improvements (and finally include my missing Spirit radiator valves, and delete non-deleted z-wave devices), but reading the posted issues I am hesitant...

So, how about some good news stories!
    Who has updated successfully and is happy with the new firmware?

This discussion has been closed.