This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• AthomeyAthomey Member
    edited December 2015

Hey my friends. Everything is going as to be expected, seen from the sideline and experiences seen and lived with hard- and software development and delivery. There is only one question for which the answer can make me nervous, and that's "is there an unfixable problem, or to be expected?". The answer so far is "no", and that's perfect, cause everything so far is fixable and I think it will stay that way.

The problems they encounter are to be expected. They are learning, working, learning, working. Homey 2.0 will be approached 180 degrees differently and they will make LOTS of different choices. Try to enjoy this growing process of Athom, and be reassured that the answer to the prior question is "no". :-)

Don't forget, when Athom says "we'll deliver when it's finished" it's not good enough for some people, When they say "week x it will be delivered" it's not good enough for some people. So be it. We may be sure though that EVERY prognoses they give is HONEST and DECENT. You cannot want more, and we cannot expect more.

It's not Samsung from which we order a Tab S2. It's a kickstarter company, green, fresh, new, learning with a great idea almost finished for delivery. It's an investment. And though investments may fail and we may loose our money (even then you won't hear me complain, only cry for Homey is a great idea), I firmly believe these VERY competent and smart people at Athom will deliver. If they can't, nobody can. :-)

My 2 cts. ((Personally I expect my Homey 2016Q1 and I'm fine with that, though it might cost me a LOT of business money. Having said all this, I want to add I agree with that more/better communication is needed, also on kickstarter. Don't communicatie with delivery expectations on a week-to-week changing basis, but at least mention MONTHS, or even better in my opinion, in QUARTERS, my Christmas-gift-tip-for Athom....))

• Hey! “Spreding lies” is strong. Domestic post would surely would be delivered by 24th but there is a world outside of NL. Also if you would read my earlier posts than you would see none of my predictions proved to be pessimistic or negative but rather realistic and optimistic. You would also see that I understand that such development comes with unexpected issues and delays. The communication is a different story.

This was made a year ago:

Now hit for questioning if it the update server is the only thing what was holding back the first batch for months.
    The hardware design has been signed of and the software will be software will never be ready.

Have a lovely day.

• ++++++500..
    Can't agree more with your reply!!
    My 2 cts:
    Wanna buy a finished , off the shelf, product: go to the retailstore!
    Wanna support a start up and deal (without too much complaining) with all that comes with it : support kickstarter projects.
    Any additional and useful to add to this forum please do so. If not, one complaint is enough , right? People can read and understand the 'frustration' after the first post. After all, we're all in the same boat!
    People get irritated after repeatingly reading the same frustration day after day after day...

Athomey said:
    Hey my friends. Everything is going as to be expected, seen from the sideline and experiences seen and lived with hard- and software development and delivery. There is only one question for which the answer can make me nervous, and that's "is there an unfixable problem, or to be expected?". The answer so far is "no", and that's perfect, cause everything so far is fixable and I think it will stay that way.

The problems they encounter are to be expected. They are learning, working, learning, working. Homey 2.0 will be approached 180 degrees differently and they will make LOTS of different choices. Try to enjoy this growing process of Athom, and be reassured that the answer to the prior question is "no". :-)

Don't forget, when Athom says "we'll deliver when it's finished" it's not good enough for some people, When they say "week x it will be delivered" it's not good enough for some people. So be it. We may be sure though that EVERY prognoses they give is HONEST and DECENT. You cannot want more, and we cannot expect more.

It's not Samsung from which we order a Tab S2. It's a kickstarter company, green, fresh, new, learning with a great idea almost finished for delivery. It's an investment. And though investments may fail and we may loose our money (even then you won't hear me complain, only cry for Homey is a great idea), I firmly believe these VERY competent and smart people at Athom will deliver. If they can't, nobody can. :-)

My 2 cts. ((Personally I expect my Homey 2016Q1 and I'm fine with that, though it might cost me a LOT of business money. Having said all this, I want to add I agree with that more/better communication is needed, also on kickstarter. Don't communicatie with delivery expectations on a week-to-week changing basis, but at least mention MONTHS, or even better in my opinion, in QUARTERS, my Christmas-gift-tip-for Athom....))

• Merry Christmas to you and your team!
    Great work done so far and wishing you all the success for the upcoming years!

• So... As a geek backer ill get homey in January?

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

MarkVanWinden said:
    So... As a geek backer ill get homey in January?

Yes, the first of the January batch!

• Were can we fill in the delivery address, is that send later?

• People on Kickstarter can edit their address via Kickstarter by selecting our project and then the backer survey. Pre-orderers can mail me at info@athom.com to change it. Addresses will be checked/verified/emailed a couple of days before shipping of your Homey.

• Nice update. great job Athom & enjoy xmas.

• Nice update! (But don't promise rock solid..... It won't be.) Congratzzz!

• Nice update!

• Wow! Great news and good job! Happy holidays to everyone @athom. You deserved it!

• Great news!!!

• This must feel awesome for the Athom team. Congratulations to you all! Looking forward to the new website and all the stuff mentioned on the Kickstarter update {and of course my Homey in Q1 2016).

• Congratulations!

• Congratialtions

• congrats guys great job cant wait until January and a late Christmas.

• Congratz!!!

• Good job guys!!

• Congratz, @athom: enjoy christmas!!!!

• Joyfull christmas and a happy new year to you all
    @athom congratz!!!

• Cool! Congrats!

What is the estimated shipping date for a 'normal' backer? (the 229 euro one).

• How did you get that discount? :)

• honey said:
    How did you get that discount? :)

Interesting question indeed ;-).

• Congratulations Team Athom and enjoy the holidays!

• honey said:

jimmy_zeropm said:

honey said:

Interesting question indeed ;-).

Beeing fast enough, mine is even lower :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/athom/homey-the-living-room-talk-to-your-home/description

• Indeed :). I backed in the first few days. But still curious what this means for expected delivery of my XMas gift ;).
    @Emile ar you at liberty to shine a tiny bit more light in here? ;)

Oh and of course I wish the Athom team and all geeks here a Merry Xmas and a very good New Year!

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

Were going to ship the first batch Homeys next Tuesday!

• Cool! Is the 239 option a first batch????

This discussion has been closed.