This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

New shipment date for Homey?

Comments

• Ik zou dan ook geduldige.mensen.club maken voor de anderen.

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

DieterKoblenz said:
    Think we should make a site like ishomeyshippedyet.com

+1

We've had a few stressful days because 433 and 868 didn't pass the self-tests. In the end, the manufacturer switched the rails of a single component. Auch!

We're still on track to ship first batch & kickstarter geeks in 2015!

• gvanlubeekgvanlubeek Member
    edited December 2015

But we're getting a nice video today!! @superice :-D

superice said:

gvanlubeek said:

Emile said:

It's so hard to have such an awesome product ready and not be able to ship it. I am going to make sure that at least we make cool videos (this Friday an Infrared demo, it's sooooo cooool).

@Emile: It's Friday :-D

Sorry, that's my bad, I was going to shoot to video because I implemented IR-pairing and flow cards, but I wasn't available today. It will be the first thing I do next monday though.

• gvanlubeek said:
    Maar we krijgen wel een mooie video vandaag!! @superice :-D

Absolutely :D

• Emile said:

DieterKoblenz said:
    Think we should make a site like ishomeyshippedyet.com

+1

We've had a few stressful days because 433 and 868 didn't pass the self-tests. In the end, the manufacturer switched the rails of a single component. Auch!

We're still on track to ship first batch & kickstarter geeks in 2015!

Is that something you need to fix manually on every board after you receive them, or was this just on a test board and can the manufacturer apply the fix during production?

Fire69 said:
    Is that something you need to fix manually on every board after you receive them, or was this just on a test board and can the manufacturer apply the fix during production?

They'll fix this manually on approx ~60 boards (I demanded to test them before the produced the rest, thank god).

• @emile Good to see you extensive testing pays off ;) Btw how's the update server doing?

• Good catch, rework is a pain... geduldige.mensen.club is up :-)

• DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited December 2015

/me clicked the link just for fun, lmfao

MarcoVanDenHout said:
    Good catch, rework is a pain... geduldige.mensen.club is up :-)

+∞

• ReneBoeijeReneBoeije Member
    edited December 2015

@Marco: thank you. I like balance between opinions:). For the non-dutchies: Marco launched a website for the impatient people (ongeduldig = impatient, mensen = people) and I asked for the patient version. (As you can guess, geduldig = patient.)

• Nice! :)

MarcoVanDenHout said:
    Good catch, rework is a pain... geduldige.mensen.club is up :-)

gvanlubeek said:
    But we're getting a nice video today!! @superice :-D

Here it is: https://www.facebook.com/athomnl/posts/1168568756489060

• Cool! My red button's gonna be "sexy time" :)

• Nice movie! I wish everyday was monday ;-)

• Very nice movie, shows again just how simple it is :).

I've got one question about IR tho: Is homey able of to save the IR command and act as transmitter?

• Too bad my Harmony uses rf... :-/

Anyways... Nice catch and video. :-)

• Nice!

But 'never knew what these colored buttons are for' really makes me feel old :(

MartijnHarte said:
    Very nice movie, shows again just how simple it is :).

I've got one question about IR tho: Is homey able of to save the IR command and act as transmitter?

Definitely! It's just so basic we didn't find it cool enough to show, hehe.

• DaneeDeKruyff said:
    Nice!

But 'never knew what these colored buttons are for' really makes me feel old :(

Well, what can I say? At 17 I currently am the youngest developer on the team...

• @superice lol

I'm sure by now someone has explained what those buttons are used for, or is everybody at homey to young to know ;)

• honeyhoney Member
    edited December 2015

Child labour is illegal. I am sure Athom has offered a competitive pension plan. :) Well done mate!

• Emile, could you also arrange a video on the assembly of the circuit board and a Homey one of these days. In time you will want it for commercial purpose but for now it would fulfill our curiosity.

Yes, we're planning to do that Thursday, that's when we'll install the self-test set-up at our production partner!

• Awesome, looking forward to that. I really enjoy the little movies, pictures and updates that are coming our way. It makes me look forward to the arrival of homey. I'm really curious if it can fully replace my homeseer environment.

Is the update server in the state you want it to be?

• It's Thursday :P, I keep updating the Athom Channel on Youtube :D

• 2 hours to go! ;-D

• That is just a video. Something you can be in control of.
    Does it really takes weeks to fix an update server? Is there an another deeper reason why the whole thing is hold for months what is not shared? The busiest time of the year for the post. If 20pcs of first batch is not dispatched today then it wont be shipped before the holidays.

Were having a bug in the updater, where the file system may come out corrupt after applying a very specific patch. I'll try to post a kickstarter update this Friday when I get to it, it's pretty stressful at the office :)

• honey said:
    That is just a video. Something you can be in control of.
    Does it really takes weeks to fix an update server? Is there an another deeper reason why the whole thing is hold for months what is not shared? The busiest time of the year for the post. If 20pcs of first batch is not dispatched today then it wont be shipped before the holidays.

Stop spreading lies as you obviously know nothing about package delivery. Two packages I shipped last year on the 23th of december arrived in perfect order on the 24th. Furthermore, I haven't heard how Homey is shipped so for all it matters it could be DHL or another shipment agency besides PostNL.

Honey, I would be annoyed too if Athom can't make their Christmas promise but that doesn't justify posting pessimist posts which are simply not true.

@Emile, we all believe you are working very hard (Posting at 1:42 AM?) to correct the problem but if the first batch isn't going to be shipped before the 24th you'd better post that kickstarter update no matter how busy it is before you get all the critics online at Christmas and I'll look like this

This discussion has been closed.