This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

pricing after first batch have been send

Currently you can still "preorder" the Homey, but I would like to wait with the order until there are several people that have reviewed the product.

Will the price of a single Homey change within the near future? (This year)

Comments

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited September 2015

I think Athom won't tell this. Both situations (higher/lower price), will effect the selling of the product and/or mental state of the backers ;)

• Not so sure about that... a while back Emile said "We don't have plans to increase the price." I don't know until how long after the product is finished this will hold true, but my guess is that they will at least try to stick to the current price until not just the hardware, but also the software has reached a state that can be considered "ready". Right now, based on everything I read here, the software is far from finished.

• EmileEmile Administrator, Athom

Software is never finished :-)

• Emile said:

Totally true and +1

• BumblezBumblez Member
    edited September 2015

Emile said:

True... and I absolutely hope that you will keep expanding the software until far into the future. But I was more referring to the situation where the software is at a state that it's actually usable "straight out of the box" for non-geeks, for most households. Because from everything I read on this forum, I don't think you're there yet.
    And I don't think it's smart to start raising the price of the product before you've reached that state... as Homey has yet to actually prove itself.

• Most of the times prices are LOWERED for same products on later and greater batches. Only if and when the same product improves, you can raise prices for the same hardware. For example when the software got better. Athom will simply monitor sales and responses, recalculate models and choose wisely LATER on. Saying something now is purely speculation. I think their current pricepoint is smart and accurate.

• kriebelkouskriebelkous Member
    edited October 2015

The current pricepoint is great.

The software is something that should be "finished" as soon as homey reaches the shelves, it should at least be capable of doing all that is advertised on the website\box. There is a great difference between our expectations and understanding from the backers/preorders that there shall be from your reguler consumer. If a function doesnt work they will return the product by the masses..

This is another moment that can make or break homey and athom. It might even be a more crucial time that launching the first batches.. @Emile, dont plan on getting more sleep any time soon :)

This discussion has been closed.