This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

So, it's Friday... But will this be a release friday?

Comments

• From what i have heard there is a lot going on on slack. I tryed to join the club but i get a bad gateway 502. 
  •  I love the fraise "it feels really good to do it right again"

Why do it again, please not. The previous was not that good  :)

Cant wait to get the firmware update today. Lets see what's changed in the rest of the code.

• tim1990 said:
    From what i have heard there is a lot going on on slack. I tryed to join the club but i get a bad gateway 502. 

Don't worry. Slack is also quiet this past week.
  • mruiter said:

I love the fraise "it feels really good to do it right again"

Why do it again, please not. The previous was not that good  :)

Cant wait to get the firmware update today. Lets see what's changed in the rest of the code.

What makes you think there will be a firmware update? All I read on slack is that Emile plans to post a weekly update here on the forum.

The silence here and mostly on slack as well is probably because we are all waiting for new development. My Homey is actually working pretty good on .35 so I'm mostly waiting for the new zwave and the addition of Bluetooth so I can add some more devices. Better microphone would be welcome as well but I don't count on that any time soon.

I take the silence as a good thing, gives athom done space to actually do stuff.
  • tim1990tim1990 Member
    edited June 2016
    Silence is not always good but if i'm in a good flow at work than is dont talk that much eather! so lets hope.

Just a question. At the moment my homey is psychicly very sick. Thinking al the time and no time to listen to any one. Is it possible that it will be solved by an update or do i have too do a full reset.

Made a lot of flows so en i can what for a day :smiley:  to see
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    @Phuturist ;
    Emile mentioned there will be a release this week (so it can be release sunday :) ).
    Silence is great, but not reacting on questions/issues mentioned on several platforms is :smirk: 

• MarcoF said:
    @Phuturist ;
    Emile mentioned there will be a release this week (so it can be release sunday :) ).
    Silence is great, but not reacting on questions/issues mentioned on several platforms is :smirk: 

We will see. Perhaps you read something else but all I saw was a response yesterday "yeah, probably tomorrow" but it was a response on a question if a new update will be written.

And yeah, total silence may not feel right to you. But I rather have them spend time on solving known and major issues than having to respond to every question on minor issues here or on slack. All about priorities!
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    We're working harder than ever :-) The 'silence' indeed gives us some space to get stuff done.

Today is update day :-)
  • 2Be2Be Member
    Great to hear that some stuff is done.  ;) 
    Excited to hear which stuff is done.... 
    Just keep pressing refresh...
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    @Phuturist ;
    Its update day ;)

Feedback is such a awful word :expressionless: 

• MarcoF said:
    @Phuturist ;
    Its update day ;)

Feedback is such a awful word :expressionless: 

There is a difference in feedback and rubbin' in but hey I love to be wrong (as agile coach my motto is to make a better mistake every day ... :wink:  )
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited June 2016
    I brought it up, mentioned some person, waited 1-1,5 day, mentioned the person another time, waited again, gave more info, saw others with the same problem and brought it together....

[edit]
    Also provided a test script with different scenarios.
    [/edit]

Every day is a day to learn, so please tell me what I should have done different?

• MarcoF said:
    I brought it up, mentioned some person, waited 1-1,5 day, mentioned the person another time, waited again, gave more info, saw others with the same problem and brought it together....

[edit]
    [/edit]

Every day is a day to learn, so please tell me what I should have done different?

I really have no clue what you are talking about and what it was that you brought up. All I said is that I was wrong and learned a thing. But this is getting off topic.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    Phuturist said:
    MarcoF said:

[edit]
    [/edit]

I really have no clue what you are talking about and what it was that you brought up. All I said is that I was wrong and learned a thing. But this is getting off topic.
    Looks like we were talking about 2 different thing :smiley: 

I love forums :heart: 

• Freitag! :)

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited June 2016
    Yes and yesterday it was Thursday.....
  • Weekend! 
  • Well it will be at least a 'Summary Friday'

I'll bet you @emile will respond to this thread: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1547/trouble-getting-ir-buttons-to-be-recognised#latest 

(... there goes my money)

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    silence......
  • No software status update (summary) from the past week? That's a bit disappointing...
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Yep. Check again :)
  • Thanks!
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited June 2016
    Thanks for the update!
  • Going to be a very long month......... :'( ;)
  • nklerknklerk Member
    Same question, Different week. ;-)
  • to be honest, I consider a firmware update this week to be highly unlikely.
    According to the software status update that was posted on Monday, the Z-wave fixes are still about a month away, they're just starting to "look into Infrared", and this week they would be looking into apps that were broken with the v0.8.38 update. So they may have a couple of app updates, but I don't expect that they have enough ready for a firmware update.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    @Bumblez : They could promote 0.8.38 to stable, I think the people on 0.8.32 still don't have the voice-problem fixed (still the option of training voices)?
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited June 2016
    My guess is that they will only promote 0.8.38 to stable *after* they have fixes available for all the apps that were broken in this update... not sure how many of those they still have to go, though.
  • Kaku just got 1.1.6 zo they stil working on them!
This discussion has been closed.