This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

So, it's Friday... But will this be a release friday?

Comments

• Thanks Emile, that was a good read. Things seem to be going fairly well, behind the screens. Looking forward to the .39 next week...
  • BasPostBasPost Member
    edited June 2016
    @Emile thank you for the update!  
    I want to suggest the following Z-Wave branches to be supported at first, which I use:  
    - Fibaro  
    - Qubino  
    - Aeotec  

Also, which I don't get, is the IOS app updated? With presence detection and notification?
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited June 2016
    BasPost said:

Also, which I don't get, is the IOS app updated? With presence detection and notification?
    Emile said:

The smartphone app has been updated as well. iOS is a little bit behind, but Push notifications and Presence detection for iOS are on their way.

Not yet, but a new release is on it's way, including Push notifications and Presence detection.

I sure hope the ETA on the Z-wave rewrite will be met!

• MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited June 2016
    Everything going fairly well? 

Here Hue is dead, android app is dead, Homey going offline for no reason, oops couldn't reach server, nodejs client looses connection, presence detection is a pain in the aars, push notifications are not working (properly), etc etc. 

Yesterday my wife took initiative to move bedroom Hue Bloom back to Hue remote. I can tell you is a very big step for here to get the hue remote, search the manual and get the devices paired. She is quite done with it. 
    So Kaku left the bedroom and WAF is getting lower with the days. 
  • I would like to have support for the Greenwave Powernodes
  • PandaPanda Member
    My hue lights aren't responding either, noticed that the hue light in the bedroom didn't turn off this morning, I first thought it was an issue with Hue itself.

Hopefully this will be fixed in a new version of the hue app or v0.8.39
  • glijieglijie Member
    strange? the Hue lights here (12 ) are working perfect. With KaKu after last update no problems at all.
    Till now never missed a push notification.

not yet working is:
    - android app ( did work. but after last update stopt working)
    - 2 of the 4 somfy blinds are not working properly.
    - Geo location  not working as supposed.

homey: 0.8.38
    App ver. 2.2 build 48

• 2Be2Be Member
    glijie said:
    strange? the Hue lights here (12 ) are working perfect. With KaKu after last update no problems at all.
    Till now never missed a push notification.

not yet working is:
    - android app ( did work. but after last update stopt working)
    - 2 of the 4 somfy blinds are not working properly.
    - Geo location  not working as supposed.

homey: 0.8.38
    App ver. 2.2 build 48

Emile said: the microcontroller software has been updated internally to support FSK and GFKS modulations, next to ASK. A lot of 868 MHz device suse this frequency modulation to communicate back.

Hopefully this will also fix the somfy blinds.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited June 2016
    The list is getting longer and longer:
    KaKu(1.1.6) also died, AYCT-102 is not received anymore....  :mrgreen: 

This simple flow is not working anymore.
    Test button works and the LED-ring spins, KaKu remote; nothing!

Its almost beer time again :joy: 

• MarcoF said:

Here Hue is dead, android app is dead, Homey going offline for no reason, oops couldn't reach server, nodejs client looses connection, presence detection is a pain in the aars, push notifications are not working (properly), etc etc. 

Yesterday my wife took initiative to move bedroom Hue Bloom back to Hue remote. I can tell you is a very big step for here to get the hue remote, search the manual and get the devices paired. She is quite done with it. 
    Seems that you never have a positive experience with Homey. Perhaps you should put it in a box and take it out in a couple of weeks to start clean with a newer firmware.
  • MarcoF said:

Seems that you never have a positive experience with Homey. Perhaps you should put it in a box and take it out in a couple of weeks to start clean with a newer firmware.
    Yea he said/promised to do exactly that when he had his homey for like 2 weeks as well. He didn't do it as far as I'm aware. I'm quite sure he doesn't take your advice too and will continue experience very weird bugs which causes his Homey to crash every 2 seconds, while nobody else has these bugs, and he fixes these bugs (as he never mentions them again), but never posts how he fixes these bugs. Ah good old MarcoF.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited June 2016
    Big LoL guys! 

If I say nothing then I'm not cooperating and if I mention bugs (like everybody else do) then I'm a annoying person....

Please tell me how you guys want me to act/react!!

Did I create the bug? Do I let my Homey crash? Did I took the servers offline of break a connection which causes the Oops message(which i experience for the VERY FIRST time?!)? I've heard tons of complains about the Oops message and when I notice/experience it then i'm a .....

@koenmartens;
    Please help me with "these bugs"! Please tell me which bugs you are talking about, then I would love to share my experience/fix (if I have one).

Also always fun to see that my help is always forgotten and people always go in "MarcoF bash mode" when I'm experiencing problems. 

Did you guys see my App? Is that being negative or is that a thing for the community? It took me a few weeks of my live to create it and it was a big fun/learning experience :)

O and also not forget my Pull request on the NetAtmo app 5 weeks ago. Athom did, "based on my help/code", a "rewrite" of the App. The Pull request is closed and Baskiers said the new app will be release soon. This new app will bring Multi Sensor support :heart: 

• No words about bluetooth! i had some hopes that it was nearly finish by now. 
  • MarcoF said:

This is not the way of aproaching people. Socially you have a lot to learn.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited June 2016
    @KoenMartens;
    Just did a cold reboot (pulled the plug (oh not on myself ;) )) and now KaKu is working again :)
    Will let you guys now when its crashed again and what I did to fix it :heart: 

And it looks like we have more in common then you could imagine:
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/25424/#Comment_25424
    and
    https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/25478/#Comment_25478
    (will not ask whats the difference between you and me saying it)

So please let see how we could help @Athom together :)
  • 2Be2Be Member
    edited June 2016
    I understand that the problem for the 443 mhz apps has been found. Now only Kaku is fixed. Elro, Aldi etc. not. 

@Robin ; commented earlier that the problem with milight was also found.

When will these new apps be released? 
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    edited June 2016
    MarcoF said:
    @KoenMartens;
    Just did a cold reboot (pulled the plug (oh not on myself )) and now KaKu is working again
    Will let you guys now when its crashed again and what I did to fix it heart 

and

So please let see how we could help @Athom together

Marco, 

never thought I would be saying this. But you're not so bad.
    Let's make homey, epic...
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    MarcoF said:
    @KoenMartens;
    Just did a cold reboot (pulled the plug (oh not on myself )) and now KaKu is working again

and

Marco, 

:smile: 
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited June 2016
    @2Be ;
    i can confirm that milight is fixed in the new version that they are going to publish to the store
    (running the github version now at the moment that works perfectly)
  • MarcoF said:
    MarcoF said:
    @KoenMartens;

and

Marco, 

:smile: 
    A lot of love ❤ in this forum
  • 2Be2Be Member
    edited June 2016
    caseda said:
    @2Be ;;
    i can confirm that milight is fixed in the new version that they are going to publish to the store
    (running the github version now at the moment that works perfectly)
    Thnx, Installed the Github version.
  • Freitag  :D

• ArjanArjan Member
    Brexit day  :|
  • Give me the firmware with the z-wave rewrite :smiley:  That will be a nice birthday present
  • Give me the firmware with the z-wave rewrite :smiley:  That will be a nice birthday present

Happy Birthday !
  • Thankx for the clear explenations @Emile ;
    Thats what we want.     Good news or bad news, just an explenation.    Great     :)

(and for the rest of the forum;    please, no stupid remarks now....)
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    @WathLamers: freedom of speech 
  • I totaly agree we need information, good or bad news. Would be nice if the timing would be better so we don't have to find out the hard way why some thing stop working.

(and for the rest of the forum;     please, don't eat yellow snow...)

((I like the idea of giving valuable live lessons to finish a post!))
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited June 2016
    Thanks for the informative update, Emile.

I agree with Danee, that it would be nice if we were informed of such situations in advance of it happening, though. So maybe for the future, you could at least mention those few situations in the release notes that you consider possible candidates for 'something breaking'.

And, tbh, I don't think it's wise to choose this particular release to promote to stable. If you pick a release for 'stable', then it should be one that is a (significant) step forward from the previous stable version (in terms of which devices work). Given the feedback I hear on the forum, I don't think you've reached that status yet.
This discussion has been closed.