This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

So, it's Friday... But will this be a release friday?

1111213141517»

Comments

• noSommo said:
    once upon a time friday was a check point, to let us know how is going on.. now we have to wait...hopeless something going quickly...
    firmware timeline:
    1 Feb 2017  - 1.1.4 experimental
    30 Dec 2016 - 1.1.2
    29 Dec 2016 - 1.1.0 experimental
    19 Dec 2016 - 1.0.5

passed 2 months and the firmware has nothing promised or added features to homey..i'm quite tired..
    hope Athom starts moving into the right direction (with pace).. we are talking about a 3years project, starts in 2014, from the first kickstarter's update:

May 29 2014 - Goal reached!

and sincerly, from user side, i can't see any benefit's using homey right now (and like i said it's been 3years), i think that in backend/core's homey made a lot of improvements.. but it's time to let users enjoy using it... or am i the only one?

homey gets disappointing more and more this kind of silence means generally one thing they can't solve the problems and are struggling i think athom is going to go bankrupt.
  • If they don't strugle anymore would mean it is a perfect product already  :D
    I reported a problem with the Hue app via GitHub and within 10 minutes it was picked up. So there's absolutely no silence.
  • oliveolive Member
    edited February 2017
    rvhaeften said:
    noSommo said:
    once upon a time friday was a check point, to let us know how is going on.. now we have to wait...hopeless something going quickly...
    firmware timeline:
    1 Feb 2017  - 1.1.4 experimental
    30 Dec 2016 - 1.1.2
    29 Dec 2016 - 1.1.0 experimental
    19 Dec 2016 - 1.0.5

passed 2 months and the firmware has nothing promised or added features to homey..i'm quite tired..
    hope Athom starts moving into the right direction (with pace).. we are talking about a 3years project, starts in 2014, from the first kickstarter's update:

May 29 2014 - Goal reached!

and sincerly, from user side, i can't see any benefit's using homey right now (and like i said it's been 3years), i think that in backend/core's homey made a lot of improvements.. but it's time to let users enjoy using it... or am i the only one?

homey gets disappointing more and more this kind of silence means generally one thing they can't solve the problems and are struggling i think athom is going to go bankrupt.
    @rvhaeften
     This is bullshit!!!
  • yeah, that's a bullshit, but doesn't change the fact that we need to get close to a final product..or maybe to have at least a product with all it's featuring working...
    hope in the next firmware... to get these things working:
    IR
    Bluetooth
    and also something to interpret RF (433Mhz) command (for now is thanks to user that create dedicated app) but it could be useful to have a generic app for that, to let's create our specific app for our device that talks 433 frequency..

i'm also hoping in a homebridge plugin, to let use homey as hub for all its capabilities
  • Sommo said:
    yeah, that's a bullshit, but doesn't change the fact that we need to get close to a final product..or maybe to have at least a product with all it's featuring working...
    IR
    Bluetooth
    and also something to interpret RF (433Mhz) command (for now is thanks to user that create dedicated app) but it could be useful to have a generic app for that, to let's create our specific app for our device that talks 433 frequency..

i'm also hoping in a homebridge plugin, to let use homey as hub for all its capabilities
    Then help us to spend money for a homebridge plugin. Look in the homebridge thread
  • From a customer perspective I noticed there are limited updates in the last few moths. In my opinion too bad. Homey is not finished. The latest newsletter is about the community. I believe in the the community but bought Homey from Homey and not the community. Homey has a responsibility to customers and I really hope the development is going strong. But I do not see that at this moment. For me it is silent........ aan de overkant..... 

I hope for the best because I still love the product!
  • Jschuetz said:
    Sommo said:
    yeah, that's a bullshit, but doesn't change the fact that we need to get close to a final product..or maybe to have at least a product with all it's featuring working...
    IR
    Bluetooth

Then help us to spend money for a homebridge plugin. Look in the homebridge thread
    yes sure!
  • Kee said:
    From a customer perspective I noticed there are limited updates in the last few moths. In my opinion too bad. Homey is not finished. The latest newsletter is about the community. I believe in the the community but bought Homey from Homey and not the community. Homey has a responsibility to customers and I really hope the development is going strong. But I do not see that at this moment. For me it is silent........ aan de overkant..... 

I hope for the best because I still love the product!
    true!
  • Version 1.1.9 is a good step forward, most of the tings work here now.
  • Ir get improvements? 
  • Sommo said:
    Jschuetz said:
    Sommo said:
    IR
    Bluetooth

yes sure!
    I'm in for the homebridge plugin.
  • SommoSommo Member
    i repeat, at least once upon a time.. we had some update...
  • Reading slack, it is nor gonna happen. This week, possibly not even in two weeks. For the last 3 weeks 1.2 is somewhere up in the air, promissing media, and some. I do fully understand Athom is delivering at their best capabilities and in basics I'm happy with it but the communication arround status is extremely poor. Just tel us when to deliver what, I have no interest in recieving additional news briefs / blogs / updates / emails masquerading status & roadmap.  
  • SommoSommo Member
    ....Their best capabilities......
  • hnijveen said:
    I have no interest in recieving additional news briefs / blogs / updates / emails masquerading status & roadmap.  

They are called priorities and Athom needs to figure theirs out
    (but they are working so hard on XYZ) 
    For me as an (non Slack) end user it look like they are working more on marketing than on fixing the issues and delivering on their promises of a smart home device.

There should be an official update on the forum once per week atleast, also there should be a dedicated person active on the forum, not sporadically, communication is key..

• undergroundunderground Member
    edited March 2017
    hnijveen said:
    Reading slack, it is nor gonna happen. This week, possibly not even in two weeks. For the last 3 weeks 1.2 is somewhere up in the air, promissing media, and some. I do fully understand Athom is delivering at their best capabilities and in basics I'm happy with it but the communication arround status is extremely poor. Just tel us when to deliver what, I have no interest in recieving additional news briefs / blogs / updates / emails masquerading status & roadmap.  
    "Reading on slack...". You mean there they do inform people?
    So, here on the forum and in the newsletters they only deliver statements as "Great news, we support media in the future, this and that will work soon", but for the real status we need to strawl through the slack chat messages?

One big advice to Athom: Please, please, in your newsletters and on this forum, only tell what has been accomplished and don't provide slick advertisements on what it should be able to do (because it can't). In other words, inform us completely, giving an insite to your work or inform the potential buyers what it actually can do.

And this applies also for the apps. Please remove apps like your LG WebOS app, because it doesn't work. Now it looks like false advertisement to mislead potential buyers. Please be honest about the state of your product.
  • iwaniwan Member
    hnijveen said:
    Reading slack, it is nor gonna happen. This week, possibly not even in two weeks. For the last 3 weeks 1.2 is somewhere up in the air, promissing media, and some. I do fully understand Athom is delivering at their best capabilities and in basics I'm happy with it but the communication arround status is extremely poor. Just tel us when to deliver what, I have no interest in recieving additional news briefs / blogs / updates / emails masquerading status & roadmap.  
    "Reading on slack...". You mean there they do inform people?
    So, here on the forum and in the newsletters they only deliver statements as "Great news, we support media in the future, this and that will work soon", but for the real status we need to strawl through the slack chat messages?

One big advice to Athom: Please, please, in your newsletters and on this forum, only tell what has been accomplished and don't provide slick advertisements on what it should be able to do (because it can't). In other words, inform us completely, giving an insite to your work or inform the potential buyers what it actually can do.

And this applies also for the apps. Please remove apps like your LG WebOS app, because it doesn't work. Now it looks like false advertisement to mislead potential buyers. Please be honest about the state of your product.
    +1
  • I'm not able to receive experimental updates.. 1.2 is allready in that channel for some weeks now? Why do I not receive those updates, while I enabled the "receive experimental updates" option..

I really like my Homey, but I have the idea that the development process has slowed down.. Am I right? I really hope to see an big update soon!

• 1.2.0 isn't in the experimental yet. ATM it is in the developer channel.
  • edited March 2017
    hnijveen said:
    I stand corrected. 1.2 around the corner, great. Insight in roadmap when Zigbee, bluetooth but also Spotify (native) and more will be available is needed. Combine the atom Trello ideas with dependencies and prio and you'r done.
  • Change the topic to Release Monday?
  • KeeKee Member
    Yes! That would be great: 

So, it's monday... But will this be a release monday?

I can understand the change.... It's not about the day..... it's the release we are looking forward to. The days will come..... pluk de dag
  • It's here! https://firmware.athom.com/

1.2.0-rc.8 experimental

- Added Homey Music
    - Added new Speech API.
    - Improved 433/868/IR signal reception
    - Fixed a bug that could cause Z-Wave lockups
    - Various improvements and bugfixes
  • It's here! https://firmware.athom.com/

1.2.0-rc.8 experimental

- Added Homey Music
    - Added new Speech API.

Nice!

I am waiting for the "or" function.. instead of making 3 flows for the same thing with only a different trigger, I would like to see the "or" function.. Will this be added soon? That's the most annoying thing to me for the homey..

• JPeJPe Member
    It's here! https://firmware.athom.com/

1.2.0-rc.8 experimental

- Added Homey Music
    - Added new Speech API.

Nice!

I am waiting for the "or" function.. instead of making 3 flows for the same thing with only a different trigger, I would like to see the "or" function.. Will this be added soon? That's the most annoying thing to me for the homey..

Many/most "OR" funtions can be made by using the "AND" function with the INVERTED parameters!!
  • JPe said:

1.2.0-rc.8 experimental

- Added Homey Music
    - Added new Speech API.

Nice!

Many/most "OR" funtions can be made by using the "AND" function with the INVERTED parameters!!

I want to activate the alarm with my KAKU keyhanger OR with my KAKU wallbutton. But when I choose AND, both buttons have to pressed at the same time right? And that's not what I want...  
  • JPeJPe Member
    JPe said:

1.2.0-rc.8 experimental

- Added Homey Music
    - Added new Speech API.

Nice!

I want to activate the alarm with my KAKU keyhanger OR with my KAKU wallbutton. But when I choose AND, both buttons have to pressed at the same time right? And that's not what I want...  
    You mean 2 different devices in the "IF" column, what I mean is 2 conditions in the "AND" column, sorry I was unclear.
    Not sure the planned OR function will be for the "IF" column?
  • ModBreak:
    This post / discussion is deprecated and therefore closed.
    Please search the forum for a recent discusstion. 
    For questions or if someone disagrees, please contact me or one of the Community moderators.

This discussion has been closed.