This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

So, it's Friday... But will this be a release friday?

Comments

• Qx5Qx5 Member
    Any update on the IR update? I thought that that rewrite was also planned for today :smile: 
    can't wait to try it!
  • No IR rewrite for today.
  • @mruiter: What gives you the impression that no-one but Emile is capable of pushing an update? As i clearly stated on Slack, we're not pushing an update because i do not think the risk of pushing  such an update without taking more time to conduct proper tests outweighs the gain of having the possibility to fix a few bugs in the experimental channel. Please keep in mind that while the ZWave code is indeed fully written and documented by Emile, it is still accessible by multiple people. You simply cannot expect those people who have never touched that code before to just pick it up where Emile left it, continue work in the same speed as Emile did, and release untested changes without breaking stuff. We simply need some more time to get familiar with the structures before we can actually make changes. We're working on the reported issues, but we just simply do not have anything more stable than what's currently in the experimental channel, so it does not make sense to push an update at this time.
    I think the employees at Athom deserves their vacation. Hell of a job you guys are doing! Thumbs Up!!
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited August 2016

Always nice when a plan works out.  Bait taken D

Straight answers are Always hard to get from Athom. Usually you get a silence on delicate issues.

But now that you mention. Impression...... How about the proven fact aka today.
    Emile also pre announced it .... So he said it more or less himself.

Little patch update was Always nice aka 0.9.2.1, guess there where enough bug fixed this week. Can't see. Github is not maintained that secure. 

............. entrepreneurs dont take holidays until suc6 is booked

• LoL Hannibal Smith 
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited August 2016
    And gives devvers time to develp nice zwave apps.....?
    I stopped on 3 different apps because of the zwave bug in this firmware.
    No way to add them any normal right way
  • mruiter said:
    And gives devvers time to develp nice zwave apps.....?
    I stopped on 3 different apps because of the zwave bug in this firmware.
    No way to add them any normal right way
    all here has problems/bugs.. we are waiting good fw for months.. u can wait a little bit more, they deserve vacations, maybe u too :D anyway, i'm saying this and i have my homey turned off since march so... u need to be more flexible.. in my IT job, no one could know all about everything, it's normal that if Emile worked on zwave (principaly him self), the rest of the team need to be aligned but that tooks time. give it a break to your homey like mine :P i can't wait to zwave improvement and IR too.. i'm really hopefully to the next stable version, have i nice weekend to everyone, users and developers
  • Can't wait till better 433 range. Now I have to hold remote controls 1 meter from Homey. Please fix that before anything else.
  • HansieNL said:
    Can't wait till better 433 range. Now I have to hold remote controls 1 meter from Homey. Please fix that before anything else.
    I got 13 m  with my battery wall switch , strange ! 
  • Flexibilty killed the rubber band.  
    At this speed i will have a AI Home faster then a Smart Home  :D
  • Vacation what's that? Glad my vacation is over so I can relax on my work again :no_mouth: 
  • Friday has arrived, but will an update arrive?...stay tuned! ;)

• Guess not, Emile is on vacation  :(
  • Don't play that card again! 

Maybe there will maybe there won't. The workday Just have started. Give them some time to consider what they have made this week is stable enought to go experimental. 
  • tim1990 said:
    Don't play that card again! 

Maybe there will maybe there won't. The workday Just have started. Give them some time to consider what they have made this week is stable enought to go experimental. 
    If there's a update to publish, then its not a matter of "give them some time to consider".
    The firmware needs to be compiled and that takes hours. So if there's a update, then the compiling process will be running now and probably started hours ago and maybe it already started yesterday. In a lot of cases these updates also need changes on the backend (cloud) and these thing also need to be done.

In most cases its not a thing like;
    OK, lets see what we did last week.... ok we have 4 changes, 2 added features done, thats OK for a small update and hit publish.....

Nope that's not the way to do it and the won't do it.
  • I know but after de compiling and  the otter backend changes there is always a possibility that they hold it back. Because of problems they did not see earlyer. Thats more what i ment. 

We cant see al the things that are happening! 
  • .............. Lets see, i will hold my remarks for a few more hours ......  ;)
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited August 2016
    @mruiter ;
    Looks like no update for today..... so another Holyday Friday without update....
    Maybe we get a Patch Saturday :)
  • WathLamersWathLamers Member
    edited August 2016
    MarcoF said:
    @mruiter ;;
    Looks like no update for today..... so another Holyday Friday without update....
    Maybe we get a Patch Saturday
    Eerder een pest zaterdag    D

Edit   and not even a update.....

• mruitermruiter Member
    edited August 2016
    Well, that new communicado manager also started at athom with a holiday i guess

Pinky and the brain attitude is dropping fast
  • mruiter said:
    Well, that new communicado manager also started at athom with a holiday i guess

Pinky and the brain attitude is dropping fast
    Yeah, also a software status update is not possible...pfff
  • We are back at Kickstarter period of communication.... 

Very...... 
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    Well maybe u guys are very bad at reading...
    but @Emile stated about the software update's: 

"Personally I'll be leaving for a two-week holiday, so these updates will be missing for just two weeks. Most of our guys (and as of next week even a girl!) will continue working to keep delivering the best product ever!"

So i guess its not the communication that lacks, but its the lack of you guys reading the update about the updates.

Have a wonderfull Saturday <3
  • Well maybe u guys are very bad at reading...
    but @Emile stated about the software update's: 

"Personally I'll be leaving for a two-week holiday, so these updates will be missing for just two weeks. Most of our guys (and as of next week even a girl!) will continue working to keep delivering the best product ever!"

So i guess its not the communication that lacks, but its the lack of you guys reading the update about the updates.

Have a wonderfull Saturday <3
    i agree.. have nice weekend, and keep have faith :)
  • Not bad at reading (ok, some times).

Most communication goes through Slack and most of the forum people (especially pre-orders) don't read Slack at a very regular basis. And because Athom has a Free channel, the channel "only" has a history of 10.000 message (i thought including PM's). What today is said, can be gone within a week..... 

And why only communicate a Slack and not at the forum? Why not creating a small "Emile is on vacation, but we want you guys to inform whats happend the last week!" topic? 
    Few months ago there was a job available for Community Happiness manager (or what the heck the gave it a name...).

Where is (s)he? 

Emile and(!) Jeroen said it loud and clear; Updates are not hanging on Emile presence. 

• The quote from JurgenHuijbregts about Emile being on vacation, came from Emile's last post in the Software status thread on this forum, not from Slack. So it is available to everyone here. See https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/28691/#Comment_28691

• some hipe here.. :)
  • No update 2day?  :(
This discussion has been closed.