This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

So, it's Friday... But will this be a release friday?

Comments

• No, not today. My best guess is they will have the beta testers test v0.9.2 for another week.
  • https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/28473/#Comment_28473
    It wasn't on slack, it was on this forum :) 

Everyone can read it. 
    It probably won't initially be released as stable, but this release should be a great candidate for stable.
  • Shame there is not a timestamp anymore.
    @jeroenvollenbrock saying they are debating over it and saying it is not goin to be stable. I'll put my money on 0.10.xx for stable.
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    0.10.x is going to become stable, after we re-introduced Infrared, and there are enough Z-Wave Apps to cover most user's devices.
  • sorry for the question, if i move my homey to experimental, to install 0.9.2 then to turn it to stable, i lose all my flow/devices that i configured? another question, if i'm on experimental, can i install stable versions? beeing on experimental make me choice to mount both versions (experimental and stable), right?
  • If u move it to experimental there is no way back!
  • If u move it to experimental there is no way back!
    i think to have read somewhere in the forum that i could get back to stable by resetting homey, if that is not possible, i'll wait the stable version, thank you
  • Sommo said:
    sorry for the question, if i move my homey to experimental, to install 0.9.2 then to turn it to stable, i lose all my flow/devices that i configured? another question, if i'm on experimental, can i install stable versions? beeing on experimental make me choice to mount both versions (experimental and stable), right?
    No, you don't lose anything (if the experimental is working ok :) )
    Yes, you can go to stable after it's released
  • Fire69 said:
    Sommo said:
    sorry for the question, if i move my homey to experimental, to install 0.9.2 then to turn it to stable, i lose all my flow/devices that i configured? another question, if i'm on experimental, can i install stable versions? beeing on experimental make me choice to mount both versions (experimental and stable), right?
    Thank you, where can i find a guide to do that? is there a guide section on this forum? thank you again
  • Emile said:
    0.10.x is going to become stable, after we re-introduced Infrared, and there are enough Z-Wave Apps to cover most user's devices.

Totally agree (I mixed up stable with beta....) 

0.9.2 could be a great candidate for beta. 
  • Sommo said:
    Fire69 said:
    Sommo said:
    Thank you, where can i find a guide to do that? is there a guide section on this forum? thank you again
    Just go to Settings - Updates.
    Uncheck automatic updates and check experimental updates
    This way you can just choose what update you install.  When there is an experimental, you can install it.  If you don't want to, you just wait until a stable is released and then you can install that one.
  • New?? Or didnt I noticed it before?
    1.png 398.5K
  • new
  • Isn't new for those who are developing applications.
  • If it weren't for the "temporarily disabled IR" in 0.9.1, I'm sure they would have released 0.9.2 to stable, as everything else is definitely an improvement over the current "stable" 0.8.39.
  • Bumblez said:
    If it weren't for the "temporarily disabled IR" in 0.9.1, I'm sure they would have released 0.9.2 to stable, as everything else is definitely an improvement over the current "stable" 0.8.39.
    You are right, we were hoping the IR rewrite would be finished within the development window for the next update. Unfortunately, the new IR system still needs some fine-tuning and testing before it is ready. On the positive side, this delay does grant app developers (and us) a bit more time to create some nice Z-Wave apps and test the new Z-Wave implementation before it hits the stable channel. :)
  • Ehjhh silly question what day is it.today
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited August 2016

:D The Friday that Emile is still on Holiday. So dont get youre hopes up 

• That Friday where @JeroenVollenbrock can do his first sneaky update while @emile is still on holidays.
  • No update today......
  • that's too bad :disappointed: 
  • A progress report would be welcome at least..
  • KoenMartensKoenMartens Member
    edited August 2016
    nicor said:
    A progress report would be welcome at least..

Literally from the previous progress report:

Emile said:
    Personally I'll be leaving for a two-week holiday, so these updates will be missing for just two weeks.
  • I'm not expecting a detailed report, just a short note <hint> :wink: 
  • DieterKoblenzDieterKoblenz Member
    edited August 2016
    nicor said:
    I'm not expecting a detailed report, just a short note <hint> wink 
    Lets turn that expectation into reality, here is the short note from slack ;)

jeroenvollenbrock [11:15 AM] Today won't be a release day
  • Hard fact for everyone:   If Emile gets hit by a truck on Holiday or even here in NL. All Homeys are also dying if updates depend on one person in the company...
    Time to do some remoddeling within the Company.
  • edited August 2016
    @mruiter: What gives you the impression that no-one but Emile is capable of pushing an update? As i clearly stated on Slack, we're not pushing an update because i do not think the risk of pushing  such an update without taking more time to conduct proper tests outweighs the gain of having the possibility to fix a few bugs in the experimental channel. Please keep in mind that while the ZWave code is indeed fully written and documented by Emile, it is still accessible by multiple people. You simply cannot expect those people who have never touched that code before to just pick it up where Emile left it, continue work in the same speed as Emile did, and release untested changes without breaking stuff. We simply need some more time to get familiar with the structures before we can actually make changes. We're working on the reported issues, but we just simply do not have anything more stable than what's currently in the experimental channel, so it does not make sense to push an update at this time.
  • @JeroenVollenbrock , does that mean that zwave app updates are also delayed (like fibaro/greenwave/aeontec) or only zwave changes to the homey core ?

• @blusser: No, those apps are in development, and can receive updates independently of the homey versions. Please note that some of the issues that appear with these apps however, are actually caused by bugs in the homey core itself.
  • mruiter said:
    Hard fact for everyone:   If Emile gets hit by a truck on Holiday or even here in NL. All Homeys are also dying if updates depend on one person in the company...
    Time to do some remoddeling within the Company.
    lol. rite..
This discussion has been closed.