This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

So, it's Friday... But will this be a release friday?

Comments

• Bumblez said:
    did you test if it works when you change your wifi network name ? to a simple one 
    I tested different SSIDs, different passwords, and a lot more... I've been trying running the setup from different devices and tried lots of different router settings. Nothing works for me. See my feedback in the "Homey unable to connect to wifi" thread. On top of that, changing router settings to get it to work should not be necessary. I have ~20 different devices of various types that are able to connect to my WiFi network without any issues... Homey is the first one that can't. To me that's definitely a critical bug in their programming.

It might be a faulty unit? It's sad, but on average 3% of all devices that leave a factory are broken, so you may just be in that unlucky group. The Xbox 360 had a slightly higher RMA rate :)

• BumblezBumblez Member
    edited April 2016
    It might be a faulty unit? It's sad, but on average 3% of all devices that leave a factory are broken, so you may just be in that unlucky group. The Xbox 360 had a slightly higher RMA rate

I doubt it. See also my issue description on Github.  Homey is apparently able to setup its own server, connecting to that server works just fine, Homey only fails once it has received the new IP address from my router and should connect to the internal network. Definitely looks like a software issue to me.

Either way... I'll give Athom time until Wednesday to come up with a way to get this solved. The last reply I have from Stefan (from early Thursday afternoon) when I asked him to "please let me know my options" was just "Let me know if it starts working. Sometimes it also helps to just try 5 times - in the setup homey sometimes has difficulties switching wifi networks. Later on everything will work smoothly though"  - which doesn't help at all, and looks extremely unprofessional to me!

But I don't want to sidetrack this thread any further... there already is a separate thread about discussing the WiFi problems. I just wanted to chime in and state that, at this stage, I very well understand MarcoF's point of view, and as is, I definitely would not recommend to anyone, not even to my geek friends. For a long time I was very patient and have been defending Athom, but they really do need to grow up and get their act together. The product is way past the stage where they can just play around and do what they consider to be "fun".
  • Have you tried to type in your WiFi network, not just selecting ?
  • 2Be said:
    @novaflash ;

I can understand your situation and agree that If you feel this way you should check back later on.

What I don't understand is why someone would be sending back their product, set up another one and keep posting negative posts based on other ones experiences.  like
    @MarcoF ;

Mm, yeah, that is a bit strange I guess.
  • I never send back a Homey..... Running Vera3 for about 3 years.... 

• JaxcJaxc Member
    MarcoF said:
    I never send back a Homey..... Running Vera3 for about 3 years.... 

Well @MarcoF, plz stay @vera then. And be happy with it
  • Have you tried to type in your WiFi network, not just selecting ?
    I tried that, and a lot more. Makes no difference at all.
  • Thanx will do until homey is pretty stable! I hope the next patch Friday will bring a lot of goodness and brings homey to another level! I'm sure the community will get this done! 

I love forums  <3
  • Friday 29th of April, @emile is closing issues at Git like madman, a new version is imminent???
  • Possibly... or he's just cleaning up before the weekend. I wonder if we get a new blog post today?
  • The last update was on wednesday, this week. So i don't think we get a new update 2day  ;)

(i hope i'm wrong!) 
  • Closing issues like a madman and releasing 1.0.0 as a madman? 
  • MarcoF said:
    Closing issues like a madman and releasing 1.0.0 as a madman? 
    You wish. I hope :'( ;)
  • @Emile so what can we expact?  :) 
  • Damn you're right, it's a friday again, how times flies!
  • MennoMenno Member
    Me and my homey are ready for it!!!!!
  • guess not?
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    Next week will probably happen :wink: 
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    The last one was 9 days ago ;)
  • JaxcJaxc Member
    Today emile said so on slack: 
    Next week will probably happen :wink:

Athom team is not allowed outside before a new release
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited May 2016
    Not gonna come this weekend. Emile comfirmed this already on slack this afternoon.
    So z-wave youre asses outside with a brewsky and some wine. 

Enjoy these first sunny days
  •  :( 
  • This week? Any news?
  • Well,... It is almost a friday... Again...
  • There have been some interesting comments on Slack; one is quoted here: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/21693/#Comment_21693

• Well,... It is almost a friday... Again...
    Friday the 13th !!! What's that gonna bring us ???   :#
  • MennoMenno Member
    don't see him yet maybe I should go to bed and check later on
  • RonnemanRonneman Member
    edited May 2016
    Also interesting on Slack, new flow management movie

https://slack-files.com/T04E9KJ7T-F18FE6BRS-1ccf2ab0ab
  • honeyhoney Member
    That is a really nice improvement. Visually looks great, clean and minimalistic. Congratulation. Just a constructive note: It would be handy if the search would reveal only the flows not making the user to click through the folder structure (or reveal them in expanded view). The window could be a tiny bit bigger to save some scrolling.

Nice job.
  • jordenjorden Member
    They have done really well, looking at that movie.
This discussion has been closed.