This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
edited April 2016 in Archive
It's released in the experimental channel.

Changelog:
  • Fixed a bug where apps would not install
  • Fixed a bug where apps' memory would not be correctly managed
  • Various enhancements
  • Microcontroller improvements
  • Performance improvements

Have fun, and for the dutchies, enjoy Kingsday!

Comments

• woeiwoei Member
    Awesome! Who needs sleep anyway... time to do some testing
  • Indeed, it's Kingsday, let's make it use full!  B)
  • fuzzybearfuzzybear Member
    edited April 2016
    Just when I have a internet interruption here guess ill have to wait or connect through my mobile.
  • woeiwoei Member
    fuzzybear said:
    Just when I have a internet interruption here guess ill have to wait or connect through my mobile.
    I can put it on 1.44 MB floppies with ARJ, its just under 13 MB. You can pick 'm up if you like.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited April 2016
    YAY, we have a volume slider in the settings now.!
    And can install big apps again.

Edit:
    Too bad, the v2.7 of the motion sensor has had no improvement of being able te send parameters for te motion (still bricks it) and no improvement on the lux and/or temp department as well
    On the positive side.. it became a little faster when adding and deleting a node.
  • caseda said:
    YAY, we have a volume slider in the settings now.!
    And can install big apps again.
    An volume slider for the speaker that is, I guess?
    Can't remember if it was there earlier...
  • woei said:
    fuzzybear said:
    I can put it on 1.44 MB floppies with ARJ, its just under 13 MB. You can pick 'm up if you like.
    Thanks for the offer but no floppy drives here for the last ten years. I could just get my ZX81 with 16 MB rampack out and play with that in the meantime ;)
  • @RobinVanKekem ;
    Yeah of the speaker indeed, other wise it wouldn't be in the settings menu.
    And it is completely new, you needed to change it in a flow before.
  • woeiwoei Member
    edited April 2016
    Hmm, doesn't join my wifi anymore (i don't see a DHCP lease) after the update. A manual reboot well after the purple ring has gone away doesn't help either. I am now getting oops messages. Anyway can I connect to my homey without factory resetting it? It is not broadcasting the setup network either.
  • @Emile ;
    4 out of 6 last releases where experimentals, when to expect the next stable release? 
  • jovinkjovink Member
    edited April 2016
    I had the same problem with the purple led ring. It stopped turning. But after a while homey restarted again. 
    Everything works fine again. 
  • Just got two javascript popups saying true when opening the flow editor. After that the flow editor was empty and when trying to reload the page Homey was unresponsive (webmodule crashed?). I had to pull the powerplug to get Homey going again so I was also unable to send the log to Athom but I have added the console logging to this post. I will see if this is a recurring problem that deserves a GitHub issue.

• so far works smooth! volume and led ring slider, perfect!

do think the amount of false positives have increased

• do think the amount of false positives have increased
    I don't hope so...https://forum.athom.com/discussion/1320/voice-pitch#latest
  • mruitermruiter Member
    edited April 2016
    The changelog does not say much about what's fixed
    As far as I can see there are no zwave fixes what so ever ?
    All is unresponsive or unconectable as is was on .30

Any news on a zwave fix. or do we have to wait for .72

I don't mean that in a badway but no zwave news is worrisome . is athom doing a complete rewrite from scratch or are there big problems that are hard to overcome ?

If the zwave takes months I will kick domoticz alive on one of my Raspberrys
  • mruiter said:
    The changelog does not say much about what's fixed
    As far as I can see there are no zwave fixes what so ever ?
    All is unresponsive or unconectable as is was on .30

Any news on a zwave fix. or do we have to wait for .72

Yeah, I seem to have noticed the same.... Removed all devices, now in the process of doing a full reset with a total wipe to start all over again.

• Just upgraded to .32 - apps install correctly now, so that fix works. Thanks!
  • edited April 2016
    Z-wave still K*T
    No improvements!!
    Devices still not responding on a simple flow

Greenwave device not recognize when adding devices.
    And after remove a z-wave device and adding again, the homey is not responding anymore.... :(

I have more and more the idea to send my homey back. pre-orders can send them back within 14 days I thought.

• @robertbusscher ;
    The normal pre-order, yes
    You however are not a normal pre-order but a geek-pre-order.
    Otherwise you would not have gotten it already but in a few months time.

You even needed to agree to this term manually when they asked about it in email.
  • woeiwoei Member
    woei said:
    Hmm, doesn't join my wifi anymore (i don't see a DHCP lease) after the update. A manual reboot well after the purple ring has gone away doesn't help either. I am now getting oops messages. Anyway can I connect to my homey without factory resetting it? It is not broadcasting the setup network either.
    Ok, so this morning it was reachable and on 0.8.32. Not sure what happened there, but it turned out fine.
  • I was asked (as a pre-order) to get the homey earlier (with bugs) or waiting for the stable homey for marketing. 
  • ZperXZperX Member
    edited April 2016
    I don`t see improvement, nor broken things. The 5th Gen Fibaro sensor is not fixed either. Although the secure option is not forced any more there is still no communication either way.
    I have noticed at the morning that my blinds were not controlled any more. But after removing, rebooting and re-adding it has been fixed.
    Not an issue just an observation: I had 0.2 loadavg with the 0.08.30, now it is above 0.7.
    The WiFi reconnection fix needs longer observation.

• @robertbusscher Regarding the issues with the Greenwave device (powernode I assume)... These are working quite reliable at multiple users...

Before adding the Powernode, did you follow below mentioned steps (mentioned here on the forum in multiple topics):

- Clear the powernode to default settings (unplug it from the mains connection and follow below steps: 

• Press and hold the power button while plugging the PowerNode into an electrical outlet
    • Keep the power button pressed for five seconds until all bars turn green for five seconds, indicating that the factory reset process has completed. 
    • Your PowerNode is now free of its former association

- Set the selector wheel to black

- Now start the inclusion process with Homey

- Add to the Z-wave configuration Data field of the main-node: 1,1,255

• DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited April 2016

After a full reset and wipe I'm able to add the Aeotec Multisensor 6 in non-secure and secure mode. Previously only secure worked for me.

(I've added 2 in non-secure and 2 in secure mode, 3 are battery operated, one on USB)

These sensors are shown now on all 4 sensors:

On all 4 sensors the Generic Alarm was on after adding them. At first nothing was shown in Insights, but that was not new to me, I found out earlier that the sensors need to be 'triggered' to send frames in order them to show some info in Insights, a reboot from homey would add all available sensors into Insights.

So I went back to the devices page, opened the sensor view and started knocking on the sensor and YES! the Tamper alarm was triggered! I did that on all 4 devices and went back to see all devices added in Insights, but with just the 'Tamper Alarm' sensor added.
    In the same way I tried to trigger a Motion Alarm, but that didn't work unfortunatly.
    In order to get the rest of the sensors to show up in Insights I rebooted homey and got the expected result:

This shows on all four sensors.

After reboot, the Generic Alarm was cleared on the devices that I added secure, on the non-secure devices it's still activated.

Up till now I've only set 5,1,2 as parameter but as the sensors are just added I don't see much data yet in Insights so I have to wait some time before I can say if that goes well.

One thing that I can say is not good is that the Battery sensor is also shown for a sensor which is connected to USB but maybe I have to disable battery reporting on the sensor, will have to see how that works out.

• ARJARJ Member
    Nice to spend a rainy kinsday on new firmware!
  • There is a milestone for 0.8.31 and 0.8.33 while they release 0.8.32? Athom works in mysterious ways...
  • Probably it's 0.8.31 with an extra fix which was found during the testing-phase...
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    Exactly. Instead of rebuilding updates (and test the changes again), we create another update that's used internally. 

Should make a fun blog article I think, how the update mechanism works! 
  • Any news if the sunset/sunrise issue is adressed? Will test it but just curious if any work has been done in that area :smiley: 
  • I try to install but get extract path not writable. Also after a reboot...

This discussion has been closed.