This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Comments

• TedTolboomTedTolboom Member
    edited April 2016
    @aloft I agree... z-wave is not becoming more stable / reliable with 0.8.32...

As I also stated on Slack:
    With 0.8.32 the power monitoring of my 3 Powernode-6's is no longer working as it was (polling once every 15 minutes > only on reboot of Homey).
    And the Fibaro motion sensor (v2.7) is also not reporting / waking up anymore (after 0.8.32) on the "reasonable stable" operating point...

Until mid of the screen @ 0.8.29... reporting at polling interval of 15 minutes...
    strange behavior after installation of 0.8.32 (not following polling interval, only updating based on reboot of Homey)

I really start to doubt wether Z-wave (stability) has any focus within Athom... each SW update it looks like 1 step forward, 2 steps back  :(
  • JanHJanH Member
    My 3 kaku/coco devices were acting quite well at v0.8.30.
    However since my update to 0.8.32 they are very unreliable and unstable. They still can be paired but switching by a flow or by voice is not successful in 9 out of 10 times. They seem to unpair themselves but are still existing at the UI. The devices are a wallswitch, a dimmer and a socket, all new types. What happened to the newest FW? 
  • Strange, for me Z-wave is better in this firmware.

I must add I did a full reset and started from scratch after the firmware upgrade. Also, for now I've only added 4 Aeotec MultiSensors all working well, the problems I had with them before* seem to be solved (Thank you very much @Taco )

* not able to add them non-secure, no movement/tamper alarm available, Generic Alarm never triggered, missed reports, z-wave stopping completely.

• aloftaloft Member

Strange, for me Z-wave is better in this firmware.

I must add I did a full reset and started from scratch after the firmware upgrade. Also, for now I've only added 4 Aeotec MultiSensors all working well, the problems I had with them before* seem to be solved (Thank you very much @Taco )

* not able to add them non-secure, no movement/tamper alarm available, Generic Alarm never triggered, missed reports, z-wave stopping completely.

I think the interview process went better, I am able to add devices now I wasn't able before. So that is a big improvement by @Taco  . So next focus is Z-wave network stability ;-) 

• MekteMekte Member
    RoelofRos said:
    looks my home is bricked during a failed update.   got the blue ring but transfer stopped at around 33% after a few hours i pulled the plug.   result is a orange ring which turns to a stable red ring.

will pull the plug and see what will happens tomorrow, otherwise i will contact support.
    Have you tried to recover him ?, yes it wil reset but its probably the best way to go.

Correct me if im wrong ?
  • @DaneeDeKruyff I did not do a full reset after the SW upgrade yet.

On the other hand, I did not change anything on the powernodes (which have been working quite reliable as of Homey's first day home)...
    For the motion sensor, I removed it, reset it to default settings and re-added it (different node)... which does not bring a change... still not working on the settings as it did before

Even though it is an experimental release... it should not be the case that we need to do a full reset with every SW update
  • Even though it is an experimental release... it should not be the case that we need to do a full reset with every SW update
    Agreed, but I did it anyway to make sure I had a clean start.
  • Mekte said:
    RoelofRos said:
    looks my home is bricked during a failed update.   got the blue ring but transfer stopped at around 33% after a few hours i pulled the plug.   result is a orange ring which turns to a stable red ring.

will pull the plug and see what will happens tomorrow, otherwise i will contact support.
    Have you tried to recover him ?, yes it wil reset but its probably the best way to go.

Correct me if im wrong ?
    turning it on will result in orange ring and then stable red ring
    turning it upside down gives the same result.  there is no countdown no voice msg at all.

so far i know turning it upside down is the only option for a reset.
  • @RoelofRos ;
    how long does it take for the red ring to show up? more or less then 5 seconds
  • caseda said:
    @RoelofRos ;
    how long does it take for the red ring to show up? more or less then 5 seconds
    it will take more then a minute before the orange ring wil turn to a red stable ring.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited April 2016
    Are you using the official usb cable that came with homey?

If so, try this:
    Unplug your homey, When you plug in the cable again, wait for 3-5 seconds then turn it upside down. (after this short amount of time homey shouldn't have checked its firmware properly yet and just goes into reset mode, which is now like entering the bios on your computer)

if it turns dark orange instantly you were too fast, if you're fast enough with turning back upright your ok and will turn back to normal orange, if it turns purple (debug/athom only mode) you will need to unplug the power and try again,
    if you were fast enough with turning it upright again, you can turn it upside down again right after.

Wait now until homey says, hi i'm homey please go to... etc etc. (it will not count down, this is not activated yet by homey) (the timing varries, most of the time between 10 to 15 seconds)
    the ring will now turn dark orange and you can reset your homey with your phone/tablet/pc, and try to keep your data at first ofcourse.

• This release meant that I could remove my 'talk loud' and 'be quiet' flows for regulating Homey's loudness. :) Volume slider is working great!

However Homey now responds about every minute to things being said on the television. Even after retraining voice recognition, it is very eager to respond to the TV, but not so much to my voice...
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited April 2016
    bartez234 said:
    This release meant that I could remove my 'talk loud' and 'be quiet' flows for regulating Homey's loudness. Volume slider is working great!

However Homey now responds about every minute to things being said on the television. Even after retraining voice recognition, it is very eager to respond to the TV, but not so much to my voice...
    See this and this thread. Training the voice recognition appears to be what's causing more false positives and a less accurate 'OK Homey' trigger. Untrained Homeys appear to be the most accurate.
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited April 2016
    @bartez234 ;
    it is known that, at the moment, the voice training works the wrong way around and makes the voice response worse.
    (see Bumblez his post for the threats)

so if you don't have many flows, or just willing to start over.
    Reset (without keeping your data).
    The default (without training) works most of the time without any false positives.
    (haven't had any since i reset and didn't do the training
  • caseda said:
    Are you using the official usb cable that came with homey?

I had the red ring at boot also.  I contacted emile about this and apparently my settings got corrupted (just like that, overnight, emile found a solution that will protect against this in the future).
    The only solution for me was to do a full reset...

caseda said:

(it will not count down, this is not activated yet by homey) (the timing varries, most of the time between 10 to 15 seconds)

If I'm correct, the countdown is implemented, but not when upside down at boot.
    When it's fully booted and then you turn it upside down, I think it starts counting down.
  • Wait, what? Up to and including 0.8.32 there's the possibility of losing all your settings? I'm not rebooting anything for at least two weeks if that's the case :)
  • @Fire69 ;
    isn't that what i was saying?  :D 
    The usb cable was just a small option/thing you need to know/make sure of.

Then i gave the solution how to start the reset if it is not resetting when fully done with booting.
    because his homey wouldn't start the reset after boot.
    + many people think homey needs to count down before the reset is starting to work, so that is why i added that sentence, because the count down can only work if the voice had been started, which is indeed shortly before being fully booted. so = not activated yet :)
  • casedacaseda Member
    edited April 2016
    @MartijnDeRhoter ;
    It is not possible (theoretically)  with just a normal restart/reboot to loose any data.

even when you reset and are busy with setting up again, you get the option to keep your previous settings.
  • thanks for all the tips,  but its still the same situation as before.

in all the situations there is at first the orange ring and after some time it turns to a stable red ring.
    no voice at all,  also not the voice when you first setup a Homey.  no sign of homeysetup wifi.

maybe it has to do with the error i got earlier:  extract path not writable.

my guess for now is that it has to be connected to their system( linux?)  so they can transfer a firmware to it and the some commands to enable it. maybe a check for the directories  (path not writable) for the correct users rights etc.

will contact support for more information.
  • gijspgijsp Member
    Julian said:
    Any news if the sunset/sunrise issue is adressed? Will test it but just curious if any work has been done in that area :smiley: 
    Doesn't seem like it...
  • Since this firmware I'm not able to receiver push notifications to my phone from Homey.
    Is anyone experiencing the same problem?
  • @btwvince ;
    If you are using the official push notification thingie.
    try to reinstall the app on your phone.
  • And don't use the experimental android-app as push-notifications don't work in that one yet...
  • caseda said:
    @Fire69 ;
    isn't that what i was saying?  :D 
    The usb cable was just a small option/thing you need to know/make sure of.

Then i gave the solution how to start the reset if it is not resetting when fully done with booting.
    because his homey wouldn't start the reset after boot.
    + many people think homey needs to count down before the reset is starting to work, so that is why i added that sentence, because the count down can only work if the voice had been started, which is indeed shortly before being fully booted. so = not activated yet :)
    Wasn't totally clear then.  :p

Wait, what? Up to and including 0.8.32 there's the possibility of losing all your settings? I'm not rebooting anything for at least two weeks if that's the case :)
    I didn't even reboot... It just corrupted overnight  :s
  • caseda said:
    @btwvince ;
    If you are using the official push notification thingie.
    try to reinstall the app on your phone.
    I did reinstall this app already but no luck.

And don't use the experimental android-app as push-notifications don't work in that one yet...
    I do use the experimental but it am pretty sure it has been working in this version
  • JanHJanH Member
    edited April 2016
    JanH said:
    My 3 kaku/coco devices were acting quite well at v0.8.30.
    However since my update to 0.8.32 they are very unreliable and unstable. They still can be paired but switching by a flow or by voice is not successful in 9 out of 10 times. They seem to unpair themselves but are still existing at the UI. The devices are a wallswitch, a dimmer and a socket, all new types. What happened to the newest FW? 
    Update end of the day: finally decided to do a complete new setup with 0.8.32. After installing the app and the devices KaKu/CoCo is back again as before at 0.8.30. Donot ask me how, I really donot know.
    Z-wave device (just a multi sensor v3.2) was already OK in the old situation, but then with an unchecked "secure" button. Now after the new pairing the secure button is checked as default and could not be changed. So, now I have the situation as many fellow Homeyans.
    Besides this I have the feeling that Homey is listening and answering a little bit better than before.
  • Fire69 said:
    Wait, what? Up to and including 0.8.32 there's the possibility of losing all your settings? I'm not rebooting anything for at least two weeks if that's the case :)
    I didn't even reboot... It just corrupted overnight  :s
    I'll not sleep again until the next FW! Good bug to have found though, thanks for that :)
  • @caseda @Bumblez Thanks for the tip!
    Is there a way (through flow or API) to erase the voice training without losing flow data?
  • Action Eurdomest seems to have stopped working as well
  • And detecting if I'm home or not. Will continue testing later this week
This discussion has been closed.