This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

Homey starts listening on 'OK' instead of 'OK Homey'

Very annoying, any serie of movie or even a conversation at home triggers Homey.

Anyone else have this?

Comments

• Yes Me to !!
  • Me to, it's very annoying!
  • Is that because of a update to 0.8.32 or "it just happend"? 
  • You guys did the voice trigger training in the settings? Seems to make it worse.

I did a full reset after training and lots of false triggers. Without training it works great now.
  • I agree with thayoung1... I'm on .30, haven't done the voice training, and Homey listens very well to both me and my wife... it doesn't trigger on OK, and haven't had any false positives yet.
  • EmileEmile Administrator, Athom
    We didn't touch the trigger in 0.8.32 :) 
  • p0ntsp0nts Member
    I did the training twice yes, does not affect in a good way but it might have affected it in a bad way.

@Emile, would be nice if we could "reset" the training to make it default again without a full reset. (In that way we can test the difference :))
  • I trigger Homey by saying "OK" instead of "OK Homey" because when I tried: "OK Homey, turn on the lights" it would transform to "OK Hometurn on" or something similar. I prefer just OK anyways
  • Using OK as your only trigger will give a lot of false positives. I have radio-1 on now and Homey is constantly hearing sounds... I'm going to do a full recovery now without training voice to see if there's a difference...
  • p0nts said:
    I did the training twice yes, does not affect in a good way but it might have affected it in a bad way.

@Emile, would be nice if we could "reset" the training to make it default again without a full reset. (In that way we can test the difference :))
    Yes, this would be very wanted indeed.
  • Just tested this for an hour with radio-1 on... Homey started listening 265 times... I'm going to do a full recovery now, see what's the difference...
  • PauluzPauluz Member
    edited April 2016
    Hi All,

Homey is very sensitive in terms of speech-recognition.
    My Homey is also suffering from a lot of spontaneous crazy spinning orange ledring-actions. (in a very quiet environment)
    Hope there will be a fix some day...
    Full Dutch support will also be more then welcome and appreciated.
    When I try to let Homey do some simple actions like "Turn on the lights" I have to say it more then once, before the actual command will be executed.
    All in all, and that's my opinion, a lot of work needs to be done..
    Anyone can tell me when will there be a retail like firmware?

Best of luck "Team Athom" 

• bvdbosbvdbos Member
    edited April 2016
    After recovery without full-wipe no difference. Now restarted after a full whipe, no false positives in whole hour while Homey reacts to "OK Homey" as it should... So training your voice makes everything bad...
  • tunftunf Member
    This is since 8.30 and is also the main reason why voice commands are not working anymore and homey is not stopping to listen. It hears the whole time things. I think it has voices in his own memmory.
  • does it make any difference if one uses the english or the dutch language configuration?
    this in combination with the "OK Homey"  voice trigger.
  • My English version triggers on just "okay" as well. 
  • My English version also triggers on just "okay". All the time, every time.
  • p0ntsp0nts Member
    After recovery without full-wipe no difference. Now restarted after a full whipe, no false positives in whole hour while Homey reacts to "OK Homey" as it should... So training your voice makes everything bad...
    I hope there will be an option to reset the training instead of the need to do a full reset.

It will take some time to reconfigure everything while a reset function would be very quick.
  • MarcoFMarcoF Member
    edited April 2016
    Here 0.8.29, English,  no voice training and homey listen very good.
    No (not one) falls positive, 80% of the "OK homey" are picked up and most phrases are heared correct. 

So don't know if this is a >=0.8.30 or training issue, but here it works really good. 

My wife is falling in love with Homey. 
  • No problem here!
    Language is Dutch
    Version 3.32
    Voice trigger only reacts on "OK Homey"
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited April 2016
    MarcoF said:
    Here 0.8.29, English,  no voice training and homey listen very good.
    No (not one) falls positive, 80% of the "OK homey" are picked up and most phrases are heared correct. 

So don't know if this is a >=0.8.30 or training issue, but here it works really good.
    I assume it's a training issue. Training definitely appears to make things worse.
    I'm on .32 now, no voice training, Homey responds well to 'OK Homey' (almost 100%), for both me and my wife, and no false positives at all (even though Homey is almost next to the TV). I do have some issues with correct interpretation of the phrases (about 2 out of 3 are misinterpreted), but I assume that's more due to the speech-to-text server messing up, than Homey itself.
  • MekteMekte Member
    So to make things short its the best usable without the training, would it help if i recover the homey to basic settings and start from fresh without the training ?.

This way it seems to work fine.
  • I have version 0.8.32 on Dutch and no voice training and I have 100% OK Homey trigger hit.
    As for commands like "zet Radio aan", " zet TV aan" is nearly 90% hit.
    I just have to speak clear and wait long enough between the words.

Really happy with the voice I must say
  • BumblezBumblez Member
    edited April 2016
    @Mekte - in another thread I read that some other users, like Fire69 and BasVanDenBosch, did the same (start from fresh without training), and he had no more false positives. So yes, that should definitely improve the 'OK Homey' trigger. But as I said, the rest of the speech recognition appears to be very much dependent on which speech-to-text server Homey uses, so don't expect any improvements there...
  • p0ntsp0nts Member
    edited April 2016
    Its indeed a training issue, this has to be looked at.

@athom, @Emile, please give us the option to reset voice training to default (unconfigured) and have a look at the issue.
  • MekteMekte Member
    p0nts said:
    Its indeed a training issue, this has to be looked at.

@athom, @Emile, please give us the option to reset voice training to default (unconfigured) and have a look at the issue.
    That would be perfect :)
  • version .32 here
    Wen i say Okay....    and nothing... and its (helemaal stil) in the room;  then the orange ring keeps on, so homey keeps listning...  (just report what i see)
  • p0ntsp0nts Member
    I also did a factory reset, its fine now without the training.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    @Athom said they will probably erase user-trained voices with the next experimental update...
  • Fire69Fire69 Member
    edited May 2016
    Bumblez said:
    @Mekte - in another thread I read that some other users, like Fire69 and BasVanDenBosch, did the same (start from fresh without training), and he had no more false positives. So yes, that should definitely improve the 'OK Homey' trigger. But as I said, the rest of the speech recognition appears to be very much dependent on which speech-to-text server Homey uses, so don't expect any improvements there...
    Yep, near perfect reaction to the trigger now.
    Speech recognition is horrible through Homey itself.  If I use the android app, it recognizes about 90% correctly!! (but the new beta 2.0 version only supports English for the moment)
This discussion has been closed.