This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed

1234568»

Comments

• casedacaseda Member
    It's really strange to see this many differences in peoples their homey result of behaviour.

i have 110+ flows (not counting the ones i have created for my little side project (which is now also about 20 at the moment)).
    And my homey only crashes (gets really slow so i restart) if i change/save some flows after each other.
    all my rooms are controlled by motion -> lights on
    Thats 7 motion controllers, and multiple lights (hue, kaku dimmers and milight LED strips (white temperature once)
    if i don't change anything, homey keeps on working for several days atleast until i need to edit a few flows again
    (and don't forget the lux meter, i have another motion sensor for just that, which is still reporting its lux value in a pretty stable 255/256 seconds interval, now 2 days straight)

Kaku stops responding sometimes, but sometimes just starts working again.
    Once in a while though it needs a 1 minute power off reset. (this always works to get it responding again)
    but this is getting less frequent, even on the same firmware.
    i noticed it happens (most of the time) after a settings -> restart procedure

Milight is pretty stable with version 1.2.0, if it stops working after a few days just a restart of the app (in settings in the apps section, turn it off and back on again) is enough to get it working again 100% of the time

never had the z-wave chip bail on me as of yet..
    well not completely true, my homey gets the red ring of death needs full wipe thingy when i have added the Fibaro Wall Plugs (v102).
    so these are in the closet, they don't have the functionality that i want to use them for (trigger on power usage) anyway so i don't mind that much
  • 2Be2Be Member
    Hmmmm I'm on 0.8.32 and want to install the latest HUE software. Then I recieve the message that I can't install the newest HUE app due to incompatibility with my Homey software version. This looks like an update will be released soon.

• casedacaseda Member
    yeah i had the same, i think it is an update for the .33 firmware update of homey itself (or .34 i think we will not get a .33 taken too long.!) and its a new thing in the app store that it can install previous updates! hurray!
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    This will be solved soon, I even thought this was due to a bug in the HUE-app?
  • caseda said:

And my homey only crashes (gets really slow so i restart) if i change/save some flows after each other.

Same here.
  • bvdbosbvdbos Member
    Worth testing: what happens with memory and processor after saving some flows... Is that the culprit, some leak like there was with stdout-logging (losing variables)...
  • RobinRobin Member
    2Be said:
    Jacob said:
    @2Be ;@MarcoF 

Trouble shooting: Buien radar multiple mentioning rain and appearing other problems?
    Think simple and reduce the possible causes remove the apparent obvious app, reboot and see what happens

Removing the Buien radar app and rebooting wasn't the solution. Now my Milight's stopped working, but my Hue lights reincarnated.  I used Homey including all the apps for some time without any problems. Am doing a fresh reinstall at the moment.
    jovink said:
    I have deleted Milight and installed again.  Now it works  again  

Sorry guys, my bad. Did not think about the people that installed devices using earlier versions of the app (which broke compatibility with the current version). If you would delete and re-add the devices it will be solved. If you are not willing to do this a bug fix is waiting to be approved which will fix it either way.
  • 2Be2Be Member
    Robin said:
    2Be said:
    Jacob said:
    @2Be ;@MarcoF 

Trouble shooting: Buien....

Removing the Buien ....
    jovink said:
    I have d.....

Sorry guys, my bad. Did not think about the people that installed devices using earlier versions of the app (which broke compatibility with the current version). If you would delete and re-add the devices it will be solved. If you are not willing to do this a bug fix is waiting to be approved which will fix it either way.
    @Robin ;
    I was doing a full reinstall. So there were no devices to delete. Do I have to delete the devices in the HUE app and add them again or just on Homey?
  • RobinRobin Member
    Sorry, the issue I was talking about was specific to the milight app!
  • oliveolive Member
    I have the problem with pioneer app, software said its incompatible with this software.
  • OskarOskar Member
    I have no idea what happened, but now (really only last 2 days) my Homey seems to get stuck in listening mode for voice commands and after a while hangs. It seems the only way to get out of this is to unplug and power up again.
    Does anyone have a simlar experience and a way to get out of this without fuly resetting and redefining all the devices, flows, etc, as I do not see an ability to make a backup and restore those.
  • HansieNLHansieNL Member
    edited May 2016
    caseda said:
    yeah i had the same, i think it is an update for the .33 firmware update of homey itself (or .34 i think we will not get a .33 taken too long.!) and its a new thing in the app store that it can install previous updates! hurray!
    "compatibility": ">=0.8.33"in the app explains why
This discussion has been closed.