This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

Voice pitch

Today the-cleaning person came at my house and I showed her my Homey. I made a special flow for her to switch all the lights on and heat up the house. I asked her to say "Hey Homey. Ik kom poetsen". Surprisingly Homey picked up her first words. She tried some other commands that didn't work very well with my voice. All were picked up correctly???!!!.
She said: "Your voice pitch is to low" and suggested to kick my balls so my voice pitch will become higher.
I answered: "I prefer to wait a few firmwares and hope the recognition of my voice will be better then".
To be continued...

Comments

• :mrgreen: 
  • I don't think the pitch makes that much of a difference. I have a pretty low/heavy voice myself, and Homey listens quite well. My wife has a much higher pitch, and Homey listens to her as well. What I did notice, is that pronunciation is very important... and make sure that you put space between your words. Regional accents can easily mess up the pronunciation.