This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official CommunityApp SDK2

[APP] Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home.

Comments

• Lodewijk said:
    Thanks, I will try it. And off course is will result in a unreliable display of the alarm state, but if I'm away for a long period, than only the first time the sirene will make some noise. The rest of the periode everybody can come in and out without the sirene making some noise (or do I see something wrong here?).
    You're right that if you're away for a long time only the first time there is a trigger the Sirene will go off unless you deactivate the alarm state. But don't you send some form of a push message to your phone?
    I'd rather be informed by a push message so I can take appropriate actions and then deactivate the alarm state manually on my phone than having that done in a flow. That way the next trigger will still activate the Sirene and I'm aware the alarm went off.
    I do sent a push message to my phone, but sometimes I need to sleep. I do not want the neighbours to hear the siren sounding for to long (so it should turn off after 5 min), but when there is still somebody inside it should turn on again. That's what I'm trying to build in.
  • Can somebody fix some Homey Alarm stickers that I can put on the windows?
  • quakerix said:
    Can somebody fix some Homey Alarm stickers that I can put on the windows?
    I actually thought about this but then decided that I didn't really want to highlight that the homey was the center of the alarm system. Even with a UPS, ringrip the lead out the back is fatal
  • ikenzo66 said:
    New version is published

Version 1.0.8

Tampering detection is now optional through the new setting: Listen to tampering reports from sensors

@ikenzo66
    Hi,

I will test it tonight and hoppe its not gone wake me up:)
    thanks .
    Thanxs, I had a good sleep last night.
    No alarm was triggered so it works.
  • Added condition flowcard to check if there is an Arming countdown active

and a condition flowcard to check if there is an Alarm countdown active

These cards will be available in version 1.0.7
    Great this new stuff. Can you please tell me what the dutch name of the card is?
  • vaderag said:
    quakerix said:
    I actually thought about this but then decided that I didn't really want to highlight that the homey was the center of the alarm system. Even with a UPS, ringrip the lead out the back is fatal
    If the thief knows what a Homey is, he can have it! It could be an alarm sticker with a little reference to the Homey. 
  • quakerix said:
    vaderag said:
    quakerix said:
    If the thief knows what a Homey is, he can have it! It could be an alarm sticker with a little reference to the Homey. 
    Oh, I have a mobile monitored CCTV sticker
  • I love the app! But i have just a minor request. 
    Is it possible to let Heimdall warn me about active sensors on starting the delay instead of the (partially) activated state?
    I'm using the delay to leave the house after i tell homey i'm leaving, because upon (partially) activation Heimdall it locks my frontdoor and besides that it won't bug me with an activated alarm of the frontdoor opening.
    The problem of this, is that i can't hear the warning about any sensors.
  • I love the app! But i have just a minor request. 
    Is it possible to let Heimdall warn me about active sensors on starting the delay instead of the (partially) activated state?
    I'm using the delay to leave the house after i tell homey i'm leaving, because upon (partially) activation Heimdall it locks my frontdoor and besides that it won't bug me with an activated alarm of the frontdoor opening.
    The problem of this, is that i can't hear the warning about any sensors.
    I will look into it, see what I can do without making it confusing.

(thanks for creating the issue for it: https://github.com/daneedk/com.uc.heimdall/issues/17)
  • k1sk1s Member
    I stand corrected:
    Chris Cheng, Field Application Engineer, Aeon Labs said:

Vibration is used as a tamper sensor for the device itself, it does not have a parameter setting it would allow any control over it. It is only a single function: If it is triggered (by tapping the side of the unit, or moving it), it will send out a Notification Alarm via Home Security (0x07) as identification 0x03 to indicate tampering. There is no clear signal for this, any time tamper/vibration sensor is triggered, 0x07 Home Security with ID of 0x03 will be sent out.
  • @Phuturist Thanks for your donation, much appreciated!
  • New version published:

Version 1.0.9

• Code cleanup, removed lodash dependency
    • Minor translation fixes
    • Added interpunction to Speech output to make it sound more natural

The footprint of the app is 40% smaller due to removing the lodash module.

• I have added a door sensor from Hank (HAN_HKZW-DWS01) to homey but I don't see the sensor in the heimdall app. Is there something I can do to fix this? 
  • @Robbertos
    This device should work, I've looked in the apps code and it has the required 'alarm_contact' capability. 
    Normally a newly added device (that has a supported capability) should automatically show up in the devices overview but perhaps something went wrong.
    When the app is started is also goes through the devices in Homey and builds the device list in the app, so can yo please restart the app to see if it shows up.

(btw, how much devices do you have in the list? The devices list is scrollable)
  • @DaneeDeKruyff thanks for your response. I have restarted the App but the device don't show up in the list. I have 6 hue motion sensors in the list right now. 
  • @Robbertos ;
    Can you go to the Apps view in Settings and click the pane where all apps are listed (to activate that iframe)
    Now press the alt key and click the 'send log to developer' that appears.

• RobbertosRobbertos Member
    edited March 2018
    @DaneeDeKruyff It already works! The device didn't show up in the homey ios app but I see the sensor in my homey installed on my laptop. Thx!
  • Ok, great, thanks!
  • @DaneeDeKruyff Its also possible to send the log to me ?
  • @cgHome
    I don't understand your question. The function I'm referring to is build by Athom so a developer can get a brief log from an app to assist in troubleshooting, don't think it's much use to an enduser.
  • @DaneeDeKruyff
    I'm a developer. It helps if you can look into an other app-log if the app doesn't do what I want.
  • In that case you're better off downloading the code and running it from the CLI.
  • I know, but then I lose the configuration of this app every time.

IMHO: The whole log handling is suboptimal if you need or want a deeper look. For this you needed the standard log STDOUT and STDERR 
  • Hi Guys,

First of all - this app was exactly what I was looking for.. big thumbs up! 

I have some difficulties understanding the triggering mechanism.

Activating alarm:

But how do I "trigger" the alarm when someone is in my house when the Alarm is activated? I can't find a card which says: "Alarm is triggered"

Which obvious thing am I missing? 

More background info is in this thread: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/4940/most-efficient-flow-for-multiple-11-occupancy-sensors-read-out
    1.png 732.7K
    2.PNG 1.1M
    3.PNG 135.7K
  • I think you’re mixing up setting the Surveillance Mode and the Alarm state.
    To arm you set the Surveillance Mode to Armed or Partially Armed.
    When a sensor is tripped in an Armed Surveillance Mode the ‘The alarm is activated’ (Het alarm is geactiveerd) card is trriggered.
  • @DaneeDeKruyff

I want to compliment you. 

Not only have you created a great Homey App, you are always present to help users,  patient and helpful.

Thank you! 

• I think you’re mixing up setting the Surveillance Mode and the Alarm state.
    To arm you set the Surveillance Mode to Armed or Partially Armed.
    When a sensor is tripped in an Armed Surveillance Mode the ‘The alarm is activated’ (Het alarm is geactiveerd) card is trriggered.
    Aahhh got it.. I indeed thought there was a surveillance mode (lets say "Check whether kids are in a specific room, they dont suppose to be in" and you dont want the alarm siren) and an alarm mode.

Anyway thank you very much!

- een biertje is onderweg voor de moeite ;) 
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited March 2018
    New version published:

Version 1.0.10

If you use an Arming Delay you can now choose if you want Heimdall to perform the Pre-Arming Check immediately when setting the desired Surveillance Mode or after the countdown is done.

Important, in order to be able to select Perform Pre-Arming check before Arming Delay at least one of the Check for .... .... when arming and at least one Use delay when enabling .... mode settings needs to be enabled.

@gewoonjerry
This discussion has been closed.