This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official CommunityApp SDK2

[APP] Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home.

Comments

• @rickp @vaderag
    I've done testing with adding a new sensor and I can't reproduce your issue. When I add a new device and then go to the Heimdall settings page the newly added device is shown.
    One important thing, Heimdalls settings page needs to reload after adding a device because the device list is build on page load.
    I've done my tests with an Aqara Human Body sensor, with what device did you encountered the issue?
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited May 2018
    New version published:

Version 1.0.13

• Added flowcard that triggers when a logline is written

When you select the Log option on a device this card will be triggered when the device state changes.

Per request on Github
  • vaderagvaderag Member
    @rickp @vaderag
    I've done testing with adding a new sensor and I can't reproduce your issue. When I add a new device and then go to the Heimdall settings page the newly added device is shown.
    One important thing, Heimdalls settings page needs to reload after adding a device because the device list is build on page load.
    I've done my tests with an Aqara Human Body sensor, with what device did you encountered the issue?
    Same device actually... Aqara HBS
  • mruitermruiter Member
    How did the discussion about the smoke detectors / Water sensors end. 

Will they be added in the future as selectable devices for alarm ?
  • vaderagvaderag Member
    Is it possible to have a different delay trigger on arm to on activate?

Due to the kids it takes us 30 seconds to get out of the house, but i'd like it to alarm after 15-20seconds when we come in...
  • pmooijpmooij Member
    edited May 2018
    Hoi,
    is het mogelijk om met een ander apparaat het alarm in de status van volledig of gedeeltelijk te krijgen? ik kan in de flow niet de mogelijkheid vinden om dan de Heimdall als vervolg kaart te gebruiken en daarmaa de status te veranderen. Ik beschik over een RFID scanner waarmee ik het alarm op volledig wil activeren.

Excuus, heb al gevonden dat je nog een tweede apparaat hebt in het lijst bij je flows waarmee je de status kunt aanpassen. Stond wel in de uitleg op de eerste pagina van deze site.
  • erikmmerikmm Member
    #pmooij

please write in english or use the dutch part of the forum, thanks
  • dengrtdengrt Member
    Hi, I'm sorry if it's been explained in one of the previous posts. I read through all pages but couldn't find it.

What is the actual difference between "volledig" & "gedeeltelijk"?
  • Difference is in the set of sensors that could trigger an alarm. See Heimdall settings for your specific configuration. Use partially (gedeeltelijk) mode for e.g. night time when you don't want bedroom sensors to be alarm triggers. 
  • dengrtdengrt Member
    Ah ofcourse, what was I thinking :)
    Thanks!
  • @mruiter no real outcome from the discussion and it doesn’t really matter.
    The outcome of the direction Athom is taking with Homey is to unsure for me to put a lot of spare time in developing extentions on current functionalty.

Plus, Athom will be delivering it’s own Homey Security making Heimdall obsolete. (Then again Homey 2.0 was announced a year ago)

If it turns out Homey 2.0 still provides a decent way to manage app settings I might reconsider spending time, but right now I won’t.

@Vaderag roughly the same answer as above, sorry.
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited June 2018
    Also the developer of the external alarm function has sold his Homey because of how Athom is handling things and the direction so i guess the same reason applies there. Guess 2.0 will see light in 2019 and Homey security somewhere 202X
  • Yeah, and he’s not the only one. Emile said it was a hard desicion to take to drop speach but he realised Athom had been overtaken left and right by other companies doing a better job on that part.
    Let’s hope there will not be a need to drop other functionalities as well because Athom is focussing on as much functionality as possible (imo half baked) in favor of stabilizing current functionality.
    In time a new generation of the community will evolve, but I’m afraid a lot of members of the ‘old’ community including app developers will not be part of it.
  • I understand your decision but this is really sad - we're probably 2 years away from any kind of implementation of official security - it is sad to think that the hinting of it has put you off - who's to say it will work in any way like Heimdall when we get there, might be that this is still better...

I havent coded properly in a long while but if you'd be happy I'd love to brush up and try and help expand this app...
  • @mruiter no real outcome from the discussion and it doesn’t really matter.
    The outcome of the direction Athom is taking with Homey is to unsure for me to put a lot of spare time in developing extentions on current functionalty.

Plus, Athom will be delivering it’s own Homey Security making Heimdall obsolete. (Then again Homey 2.0 was announced a year ago)

If it turns out Homey 2.0 still provides a decent way to manage app settings I might reconsider spending time, but right now I won’t.

@Vaderag roughly the same answer as above, sorry.
    @Emile @Bram think this is not going in the right direction, maybe spend first some time on features which are now not respresented by an app and drop homey security at least for the coming years as heimdall is doing a perfect job here
  • In my opinion additions like Homey Security (and perhaps also other extensions on Homeys capabilities) are better not added into the core but build as apps. If they're part of the core they will developed in the same pace as the firmware itself is and we all know has fast that's going.
  • rickprickp Member
    I don't need a build in security. Heimdall is perfect and stable. I can't see athom coming with something better 
  • COPCOP Member
    Hi!

When I change the name of a sensor device the name doesn’t update in Hemidall. Is there a way around this without repairing the sensors?
  • rickprickp Member
    Danee,

Would it be a lot of work for you to build a double trigger function? About once in a month I get a false alarm due to some pirs having a 6th sense. Its not the same pir and i use fibaro aswell coolcam so no solution in replacing. Already set the sensetivaties to the lowest.  I'm thinking of something like if a sensor is triggerd, another sensor or the same sensor have to trigger again in X time to raise the alarm, otherwhise it will be logged as a false.

Besides that,  do you see the possibility to enable more zone's. I'm looking into making a bigger system for multible spaces. Now we have a active/deactive/partially active. Would it be possible to program something so we make states/zones as we wish? Lets say i have 1 house with multiple rooms rented out, for example 3 rooms/persons. Each room should have a alarm, wich can be done with the 2 states but i can't find a solution for the third room (or forth, fifth). Also have thought to make the room like a device, so everybody can arm their "device/room" but would prefer something in Heimdall if possible.  Any ideas?

• k1sk1s Member
    Hello

I'm confused about how to set the surveillance mode.  The instructions say:
    Create a Surveillance Mode Switch...
    and then further down: 
    ...Create a flow to enable the Surveillance Mode

Does the switch have to be set to 'armed' and a flow used to set the mode?

• COPCOP Member
    rickp said:
    Danee,

Would it be a lot of work for you to build a double trigger function? About once in a month I get a false alarm due to some pirs having a 6th sense. Its not the same pir and i use fibaro aswell coolcam so no solution in replacing. Already set the sensetivaties to the lowest.  I'm thinking of something like if a sensor is triggerd, another sensor or the same sensor have to trigger again in X time to raise the alarm, otherwhise it will be logged as a false.

I have solved this with the countdown app. First movement sets a countdown. Second movement during the countdown triggers the alarm.

The PIR alarm only triggers thru the flow. All the PIRs are marked log only in Heimdall.
  • COP said:
    rickp said:
    Danee,

Would it be a lot of work for you to build a double trigger function? About once in a month I get a false alarm due to some pirs having a 6th sense. Its not the same pir and i use a aswell coolcam so no solution in replacing. Already set the sensetivaties to the lowest.  I'm thinking of something like if a sensor is triggerd, another sensor or the same sensor have to trigger again in X time to raise the alarm, otherwhise it will be logged as a false.

I have solved this with the countdown app. First movement sets a countdown. Second movement during the countdown triggers the alarm.

The PIR alarm only triggers thru the flow. All the PIRs are marked log only in Heimdall.
    Doesn't that have an inherant problem that most PIR have a cool down period before they'll re-alarm?
  • k1sk1s Member
    k1s said:
    Hello

I'm confused about how to set the surveillance mode.  The instructions say:
    Create a Surveillance Mode Switch...
    and then further down: 
    ...Create a flow to enable the Surveillance Mode

Does the switch have to be set to 'armed' and a flow used to set the mode?

Would somebody mind explaining please? ( I'm new to this app, and trying to get my head round how to get it working before I go in holiday)
  • @k1s you need to add the switch device and can decide for yourself if you operate it in the or via a flow.
    You can also use a combination if desired.
    It is described in the opening post in this thread just below Surveillance Mode
  • Hi,
    This app looks really promising. But as we are 2 very forgetful people in the house and we always carry our iPhones in and out I was looking for a way to arm the house when the last iPhone leaves the house. Maybe when iPhone is not on WiFi anymore?

But sometimes maybe we want to keep a window or door open so first it would be great to have a notice like "Do you really want to leave the bedroom window open? Yes/No"

Any good ideas and flows you can show me with maybe different setups that I didn't think of?
  • Matsaki said:
    Hi,
    This app looks really promising. But as we are 2 very forgetful people in the house and we always carry our iPhones in and out I was looking for a way to arm the house when the last iPhone leaves the house. Maybe when iPhone is not on WiFi anymore?

What IF someone turns wifi off on their phone.. internet problem and switch to mobile data.. and the other person is not home?

You need multiple ways to detect presence for it to work

WiFi is 100% definitely there or not but you would want you flow to rely on if WIFI = 0 and Device Location = Not home to achieve this.

For that, you need to read up on the forums - search presence and you will get many walk throughs
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited June 2018
    @konradwalsh (and @Bram )

"For that, you need to read up on the forums - search presence and you will get many walk throughs."

Which sux for a home automation controller. This should be native functionality and not something that a (new) user should have to browse thru a forum for. Just my 2 cents.
  • COPCOP Member
    Eternity said:
    @konradwalsh (and @Bram )

"For that, you need to read up on the forums - search presence and you will get many walk throughs."

Which sux for a home automation controller. This should be native functionality and not something that a (new) user should have to browse thru a forum for. Just my 2 cents.
    Well the built in presence works just fine. Use it.
    when: someone is leaving
    and: noone is home
    then: arm alarm

• EternityEternity Member
    edited June 2018
    @COP

Well, perhaps for you,  but given "search presence and you will get many walk throughs" it does not work for everybody... / on every platform.

In my case it works reasonably reliable with my children's iPhones. My Android phone does not work anymore. I tried Owntracks, tried the Tasker solution and a combination of these with the Homey App. Still it is not 100% accurate.

As this is not related to the great Heimdall App, thus off topic, I think it's wiser to stop this discussion here. 

• Hello!

I would like to accomplish the following;

When the alarm is "partially Armed", a specific sensor can disarm the alarm. This is accomplished easily as per below  :)…;

Now it becomes interesting because I would like to only have the motion disable the alarm when it is Partially armed but not the alarm has not been activated yet (in other words, it is the first sensor tripped). This way, if the alarm would ever trip, the motion won't disarm it.

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

This discussion has been closed.