This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official CommunityApp SDK2

[APP] Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home.

Comments

• You can also use a outdoor fingerprint reader (50 euros on ali) and combine it whith a cheap modded door sensor for unlock. 
    Now thats uber cool
  • Lodewijk said:
    First of all great work in making this app. I'm a newbe at homey, but this one is getting my working done easier.
    I do have a question about my Philio 4 in 1 sensor (D-B-T-L). I use this on the front door and wanted it to trigger the delay status if the door is opened AND if a motion is detected. It only seems to do this when the door is opened which is great when you are away and the Surveilance Mode is Activated. But when I come done in the morning and the Surveilance Mode is partially Activated I want it also to trigger me to turn of the alarm.
    Am I doing something wrong here?
    Philio sensors that have both a contact and motion sensor don't seem to work as expected with Heimdall as mentioned here: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/68613/#Comment_68613
    I don't have sensors that have both capabilities (contact and motion) in one device so I can't test on it but I've included a minor change in the version (1.0.4) that is submitted (and waiting for approval by Athom) that should show improvement.
    Having Heimdall trigger 'if the door is opened AND if a motion is detected' will not happen, the first detection on a device will trigger the delay/alarm. 
  • I have a Neo touch near the front door, just a single press and the alarm is disabled.

not that secure but no intruder will know that.

and as long there is no proper rfid tag reader for zwave that talks to Homey it’s good enough
  • Lodewijk said:
    First of all great work in making this app. I'm a newbe at homey, but this one is getting my working done easier.
    I do have a question about my Philio 4 in 1 sensor (D-B-T-L). I use this on the front door and wanted it to trigger the delay status if the door is opened AND if a motion is detected. It only seems to do this when the door is opened which is great when you are away and the Surveilance Mode is Activated. But when I come done in the morning and the Surveilance Mode is partially Activated I want it also to trigger me to turn of the alarm.
    Philio sensors that have both a contact and motion sensor don't seem to work as expected with Heimdall as mentioned here: https://forum.athom.com/discussion/comment/68613/#Comment_68613
    I don't have sensors that have both capabilities (contact and motion) in one device so I can't test on it but I've included a minor change in the version (1.0.4) that is submitted (and waiting for approval by Athom) that should show improvement.
    Having Heimdall trigger 'if the door is opened AND if a motion is detected' will not happen, the first detection on a device will trigger the delay/alarm. 
    Thanks for the answer. You say the first detection on a device will trigger the delay/alarm. So if I am at home and activate the alarm, walking down to the hallway will trigger the alarm because of the motion in the Philio? That would be great!
    I stated my  question a bit wrong, I did not wanted to trigger the alarm only if both door open and motion are detected, but I want to trigger the alarm if the door is open (so when somebody comes in) or when motion is detected (when I come donw in the morning). I will wait for the update.
  • What are you using here to alert you to turn of the alarm when you come home yourself? In the early days I had an alarm system were the keypad was making a beep to tell me the alarm is turned on and has to be turned of.
  • Lodewijk said:
    Lodewijk said:
    Thanks for the answer. You say the first detection on a device will trigger the delay/alarm. So if I am at home and activate the alarm, walking down to the hallway will trigger the alarm because of the motion in the Philio? That would be great!
    I stated my  question a bit wrong, I did not wanted to trigger the alarm only if both door open and motion are detected, but I want to trigger the alarm if the door is open (so when somebody comes in) or when motion is detected (when I come donw in the morning). I will wait for the update.
    Yes, that's how it should work. That is, when the Philio sensor is working as desired. If you were to have two separate devices (so 1 doorsensor and 1 motion sensor) it would already function like that, I hope I can get it working like that with the Philio sensors too.
  • Lodewijk said:
    What are you using here to alert you to turn of the alarm when you come home yourself? In the early days I had an alarm system were the keypad was making a beep to tell me the alarm is turned on and has to be turned of.
    Make sure the sensor that gets triggered first when you come home has a Delayed Trigger so you can have Homey countdown towards the alarm state:

Or you can create your own action with this flow card:

• DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited March 2018
    New version is published:

Version 1.0.4

• Arming delay selectable per Surveillance Mode

New setting: Please select the desired option(s)

@vaderag
  • All going great with the app, many thanks for doing this and the regular updates.

Can it be that the app remembers its alarm state after a power cut and comes back on "alarmed" if that was its state before the power cut ?

Andrew
  • My system has started doing something weird this eve.
    I had an issue where the countdown didn't seem to be kicking in - seems this was related to the update above and resetting the value and ticking the box worked

But I also have another issue - I don't seem to be getting the countdown on re-entry - in fact, I seem to get nothing...
    If i trigger one of the delayed trigger, it does noting (I have alarm and arming countdown ticked so should get a countdown - I was yesterday)
    If i trigger one of the non-delayed trigger it alarms (as expected)

Is this a bug with the new release perhaps? Or could it be related to the test conditions - my family is in the room with one of the sensors so it was probably detecting motion as arming / disarming was occuring...
  • All going great with the app, many thanks for doing this and the regular updates.

Can it be that the app remembers its alarm state after a power cut and comes back on "alarmed" if that was its state before the power cut ?

Andrew
    That's right, any Surveillance Mode and Alarm State change is saved instantly so it will survive a power loss, that's by design.
  • vaderag said:
    My system has started doing something weird this eve.
    I had an issue where the countdown didn't seem to be kicking in - seems this was related to the update above and resetting the value and ticking the box worked
    That may be related to the update.
    But I also have another issue - I don't seem to be getting the countdown on re-entry - in fact, I seem to get nothing...
    If i trigger one of the delayed trigger, it does noting (I have alarm and arming countdown ticked so should get a countdown - I was yesterday)
    If i trigger one of the non-delayed trigger it alarms (as expected)

Is this a bug with the new release perhaps? Or could it be related to the test conditions - my family is in the room with one of the sensors so it was probably detecting motion as arming / disarming was occuring...
    Just to be sure; the sensor you're testing this has Yes in the Delayed Trigger column on the Settings page? Saying you 'have alarm and arming countdown ticked' make me think you are talking about settings on the speech page.
    I guess it's caused by the fact the sensors are already in a tripped state before arming, I've just tested this (and before publishing this version) again and it works like it should.
  • Yeah, settings are all correct (nothing has changed and it worked yesterday)

To be honest tho the PIR in question is usually tripped on activation the more I think about it since it's in the room where activation occurs, so but confused why suddenly but working :(
  • New version is published:

Version 1.0.5

Flow Card The alarm is activated now has two tags: Zone  and Reason

• @dreamerbb @Lodewijk (or anybody else using Philio 4 in 1 sensors)
    The current version should give better support for the Philio 4 in 1 sensors, could you please test if the sensor now reports movement and an open/closed state when you trigger that particular sensor of the device?

Thanks.

• This is the best app ever. Really nice job done!
    I will create a paypal account when i get home from the hospital so I can send you a beer :) 
  • I think i might have discovered a potential bug.

I just created a flow to Arm the Surveillance with an NFC key. I have a 30second countdown to arm
    It seems that if you press the NFC key during countdown it will actually run a second countdown alongside it (so reading out a mix of numbers), even though I have a flow that checks for Survellance mode being armed and NFC presented, set to disarmed, it didn't...
  • @vaderag Could you post a screenshot of the flow you mention?

There is no condition card that checks if a Surveillance mode is being armed, only if it is armed. So when you are arming with a delay the condition card will not be true (when checking for the armed state) until the countdown is done.

• @vaderag Could you post a screenshot of the flow you mention?

There is no condition card that checks if a Surveillance mode is being armed, only if it is armed. So when you are arming with a delay the condition card will not be true (when checking for the armed state) until the countdown is done.

Oh right, well that probably explains that!
    I had done some testing and the armed state seemed to activate the moment the countdown started (ie. Being armed is part of the armed state), but sounds like you're saying that being armed is still part of the unarmed state?
  • @dreamerbb @Lodewijk (or anybody else using Philio 4 in 1 sensors)
    The current version should give better support for the Philio 4 in 1 sensors, could you please test if the sensor now reports movement and an open/closed state when you trigger that particular sensor of the device?

Thanks.

The sensor does report movement and open/closed state when triggered. Although I would like it to do it better, but perhaps that is something of the sensor itself (maybe there are better ones).
  • vaderag said:
    @vaderag Could you post a screenshot of the flow you mention?

I had done some testing and the armed state seemed to activate the moment the countdown started (ie. Being armed is part of the armed state), but sounds like you're saying that being armed is still part of the unarmed state?
    Yes, when the alarm is being armed (so when an arming countdown is running) the Surveillance Mode is still disarmed.
    The condition card will validate disarmed, the history will show disarmed and the status indicator on the Dashboard will show disarmed.
    But here's the catch: The Surveillance Device (on your phone or in the devices view) will show the Surveillance Mode that is being countdown towards. This sounds weird but makes sense because a) you can easily switch to Disarmed when desired b) When setting the Surveillance Mode from the Surveillance Device you would have selected the new desired mode. So it will only be noticed when you set a Surveillance Mode via a flow AND use a Arming Delay AND use the Surveillance Device to check the state.
  • Lodewijk said:
    @dreamerbb @Lodewijk (or anybody else using Philio 4 in 1 sensors)

Thanks.

The sensor does report movement and open/closed state when triggered. Although I would like it to do it better, but perhaps that is something of the sensor itself (maybe there are better ones).
    Great, thanks for testing and your feedback. 
  • vaderag said:
    @vaderag Could you post a screenshot of the flow you mention?

Yes, when the alarm is being armed (so when an arming countdown is running) the Surveillance Mode is still disarmed.
    The condition card will validate disarmed, the history will show disarmed and the status indicator on the Dashboard will show disarmed.
    But here's the catch: The Surveillance Device (on your phone or in the devices view) will show the Surveillance Mode that is being countdown towards. This sounds weird but makes sense because a) you can easily switch to Disarmed when desired b) When setting the Surveillance Mode from the Surveillance Device you would have selected the new desired mode. So it will only be noticed when you set a Surveillance Mode via a flow AND use a Arming Delay AND use the Surveillance Device to check the state.
    I see. That makes sense and explains why my testing showed what I thought!

Can I make a request for an 'is counting down' card? (Or to include it as a state perhaps?) 
    It seems this would be the only way to have an interrupt of the countdown via the same method (unless I'm missing something)

E.g tap NFC = arm but if counting down or armed = disarm
  • @Vaderag
    I'll look into it, I've created an issue for your request: https://github.com/daneedk/com.uc.heimdall/issues/14
  • Added condition flowcard to check if there is an Arming countdown active

and a condition flowcard to check if there is an Alarm countdown active

These cards will be available in version 1.0.7
  • Added condition flowcard to check if there is an Arming countdown active

and a condition flowcard to check if there is an Alarm countdown active

These cards will be available in version 1.0.7
    Amazing! Thanks for your work on this app - it's awesome
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited March 2018
    New version is published:

Version 1.0.6

• Added support for tampering detection

The tampering detection that some sensors have like for example the Aeotec MultiSensor 6 or the Fibaro Motion Sensor will now also be used as a trigger for devices you have selected in an Armed Surveillance Mode.
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited March 2018
    Today I added two extra door sensors (Xiaomi Aqara Zigbee) and they show in the Homey interface and correctly report their status and are visible in the zigbee developers page, but do not show up in Heimdall. The previously added door sensors are shown in Heimdall.

I haven't played with Heimdall for I while, perhaps I have to let the App know these two sensors should be added? 
    How do I do so?
  • @Eternity
    Normally new sensors that have capabilities that Heimdall supports (alarm_motion, alarm_tamper and alarm_contact) show up in the devices overview on the settings page immediately after adding them.
    Can you try to restart the app? When the app is started it will go through all devices.
  • I had already restarted the App, that didn't work. After that I soft booted Homey. Still no extra door sensors. Now I will PTP and wait 10 minutes.

I will let you know!

This discussion has been closed.