This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.
Closed Official CommunityApp SDK2

[APP] Heimdall - Let Homey watch over your home.

Comments

• HinHin Member
    Hey,

This great app, is it possible to expand the trigger delay function?
    I have a sensor in my hallway, the motion reset time is set to 2 min.
    If I set the"Trigger delay" time to 2 min (I'm in the hallway and activating the alarm), the alarm will be activated after 2 min (if I understood this right), and the alarm motion detection will be reset in that time.
    Problem: When I come home, I'll only need 30 sec to deactivate the alarm, and I don't want the sensor to wait 2 min if a thief is in the house.
    So my idea is to have 2 trigger delay:
     1. activating after xx sec, so all motion sensor have time to reset, so there will be no false alarm.
     2. Time before trigger an alarm after the system is in armed mode.

Suggestion: in the picture below, replace the "Delayed trigger" column with two column "Delay activate" and "Delay trigger" (default 30 sec)
    It would be nice to have this per row/sensor, you may not need to change every sensor but satisfy with the default 30 sec.   

Hope this is something you will include in the next release, thanks in advance.
    /Hin
  • @Hin can you please tell me what problem you have and are trying to fix?

Because, when a sensor is in tripped state while the Surveillance Mode is set to an Armed Mode nothing (except perhaps the warning that the sensor is tripped) special will happen.
    After the motion reset time on the sensor runs out the sensor will be idle and when that sensor then gets tripped it will activate (either delayed or not) the trigger card The alarm is activated.
    (In short there is no need for the sensor to reset) 
  • HinHin Member
    Hi,

So you mean if a motion sensor is active will armed, this motion sensor will not be included before motion reset time is reach? So if set the motion reset time to (say) 10 hour, it will never be include before that 10 hour is up, if so there is no problem.

/Hin
  • lubbertkramerlubbertkramer Member
    edited March 2018
    Hin said:
    Hi,

So you mean if a motion sensor is active will armed, this motion sensor will not be included before motion reset time is reach? So if set the motion reset time to (say) 10 hour, it will never be include before that 10 hour is up, if so there is no problem.

/Hin
    But when you are using a reset time of 10 hours you don't want to use it to trigger on motion so you're not going to use it with an alarm i guess? If you use it for motion your reset time = max 5-10 min
  • Hin said:
    Hi,

/Hin
    Yes, that's correct. The alarm will be triggered on a state change from no motion to motion only.
    During the motion reset time a sensor should not send new motion events to the controller (Homey). Only after the motion reset timer runs out a new motion detected will be sent to Homey as an event, where Heimdall will act on it (if the Surveillance Mode is in an Armed State and that sensor is selected to be monitored)
  • HinHin Member
    Hi,

Okay, then I understand, no problem then.

Thanks
    /Hin
  • DaneeDeKruyffDaneeDeKruyff Member
    edited March 2018
    New version published:

Version 1.0.11

• Added battery indicator to devices

• Can I in a flow trigger Surveillance mode?

I would like to trigger in the "When" colume, if someone change the alarm mode to "Armed", i would like to send a mqtt msg in the then module.

How would i do this?
  • I think you are looking for the Surveillance Mode changed card. It's mentioned in the opening post of this thread. It has the token Surveillance Mode that you can evaluate with a logic card in the ...and... column.
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited March 2018
    sorry when this question was already mentioned, but this thread is very long...

is there a possibility to check all sensors of my alarm mode if they are full functionable? so do they respond? because most sensors are battery driven like motion sensors and door sensors. so it would be great if one could create a flow like: if alarmmode on then check if all sensors are functionable and if not then .... arm the mode.

it could something like in the developer tools where you can check if the sensors answers. or am i wrong and it  is not possible?

• rickprickp Member
    phil_s said:
    sorry when this question was already mentioned, but this thread is very long...

is there a possibility to check all sensors of my alarm mode if they are full functionable? so do they respond? because most sensors are battery driven like motion sensors and door sensors. so it would be great if one could create a flow like: if alarmmode on then check if all sensors are functionable and if not then .... arm the mode.

it could something like in the developer tools where you can check if the sensors answers. or am i wrong and it  is not possible?

https://forum.athom.com/discussion/4734/can-homey-tell-me-sensors-are-not-working
  • phil_sphil_s Member
    edited March 2018
    @rickp that doesn't work! was also reported somewhere in the formum and i just didn't get it to work.

then you suddently have from all devices you have push mails that a sensor not reported. what definitely is not right.
    i used the inbuild card "device not report" in 24 hours etc.

that do not work sorry. would be great ;-)

@Fire69 had the same probs. you can look under the link you posted ;-)
  • rickprickp Member
    phil_s said:
    @rickp that doesn't work! was also reported somewhere in the formum and i just didn't get it to work.

then you suddently have from all devices you have push mails that a sensor not reported. what definitely is not right.
    i used the inbuild card "device not report" in 24 hours etc.

that do not work sorry. would be great ;-)

@Fire69 had the same probs. you can look under the link you posted ;-)
    It's not possible to check at any given moment. Battery devices don't respond to controllers unless they are woken up. Only if they are triggered they send out a signal and once in a while they wake-up to check for new command, but besides that they aren't actively listening. This would drain the battery. 

If the card doens't work the only way would be checking them once in a while by hand. For example walk around the house triggering motions and opening doors and check in the homey app if the respond. 

• I know. Thats why i am asking. 
    but when the device wakeup once in a time like we all know why can‘t this be recognized as „i am alive“. 

Thats why i set the card to 24 hours because the battery devices wakeup within this Timerange. 

But it is Not working. 

• I can see that this app would do all the work that I will otherwise need to create with 20+ flows.

BUT. I cannot use it. I have two window sensors that are not yet supported by an app. They work just fine but as generic Z-wave devices. I use them now to detect two doors

But I can find no way to add the two sensors to Heimdal. It only picks up the sensors with the preprogrammed capabilities as a window/door sensor and ignores generic devices.

That is a real pitty because otherwise this app would do everything for me as a pro alarm system

I tried to use Virtual Device app but it does not have a virtual device that your app will accept as a sensor.

It would be really great if your app would not be hard coded to accept only certain types of sensors. At lest generic devices that has a single on/off sensing should be picked up as well so any magnet sensor not yet supported by an app would be included. You can always unselect it if it turns out to be something that has nothing to do with an alarm system.

PS: Yes, I have raised a bug report on Github to have the sensors I use added to the manufacturers app.
  • I can see that this app would do all the work that I will otherwise need to create with 20+ flows.

BUT. I cannot use it. I have two window sensors that are not yet supported by an app. They work just fine but as generic Z-wave devices. I use them now to detect two doors

But I can find no way to add the two sensors to Heimdal. It only picks up the sensors with the preprogrammed capabilities as a window/door sensor and ignores generic devices.

That is a real pitty because otherwise this app would do everything for me as a pro alarm system

I tried to use Virtual Device app but it does not have a virtual device that your app will accept as a sensor.

It would be really great if your app would not be hard coded to accept only certain types of sensors. At lest generic devices that has a single on/off sensing should be picked up as well so any magnet sensor not yet supported by an app would be included. You can always unselect it if it turns out to be something that has nothing to do with an alarm system.

PS: Yes, I have raised a bug report on Github to have the sensors I use added to the manufacturers app.
    I don't think this is a bad idea, but if you do it please put it behibd a toggle "recognise all switches" or something

Otherwise every time anyone adds a device they will need to worry about their security system!
  • @KennethLavrsen I understand the issue you're facing, but I will not build support for basically non-supported devices.

The nice thing about Homey is that it builds an abstraction layer between devices and apps. As long as a device is supported and has a certain capability it can be used in an app that supports that capability, regardless off brand, communication type or whatever.
    So in my app I only have to worry about implementing capabilities Homey exposes and make that function well. If I have to support any device you can trow at Homey without a clear way how it's data is presented to the app it will be impossible to maintain and keep the app stable.

So, in the end the way you choose by asking the support for this particular device in the app is the way to go.

In the mean time you can make a flow like this: just add your device as the trigger.

• I understand your concern.

Thanks for showing me a work around.

In parallel I am trying to see if I can learn enough Javascript to add the missing sensor support to the Aeotec App but I am stuck and get even get the existing App loaded via CLI. (https://forum.athom.com/discussion/3659/app-aeotec-by-athom-main-discussion-topic)
  • New version published

Version 1.0.12

• Minor translation fixes
  • How would you guys solve the following scenario:

the alarm goes off due to sensor X

i get a mobile notification.

at that time i want to know if its a false alarm or not; because sometimes a tourist looks through our windows and triggers the sensor.

the way i know if its false is because 0 other sensors are triggered. Which is almost impossible with the amount i have.

but Heimdall stops notifying me if a sensor was hit after the alarm went off.

i have a few ideas how to solve it. But what are yours?

and could this maybe be a native feature?
  • Just added a new contact sensor and it's not appearing in my Heimdall list - I'm sure these just appeared automatically before but wondering if something has changed?
  • rickprickp Member
    vaderag said:
    Just added a new contact sensor and it's not appearing in my Heimdall list - I'm sure these just appeared automatically before but wondering if something has changed?
    Restart the Heimdall app and it should be there.
  • Or, scroll down... 
  • rickp said:
    vaderag said:
    Just added a new contact sensor and it's not appearing in my Heimdall list - I'm sure these just appeared automatically before but wondering if something has changed?
    Restart the Heimdall app and it should be there.
    That did the trick.
    Thanks!
  • hi Danee,
    I really do like Heimdall  :)
    There is a minor translation error for Dutch in "Voor inschakelcontrole voor de inschakelvertraging uit"
    A better translation would be: "Voer inschakelcontrole uit voor de inschakelvertraging"
  • @hvdmeeren Thanks! Changed it, there's already an update pending approval so will be included after that one.

@vaderag A new sensor should be picked up at adding it to Homey, did the reboot fix it or was it the scrolling as @Eternity suggested?

• @quakerix
    I'm not gonna add a counter that adds up at triggered sensors. In my experience, and many others too, the cancel alarm message from a sensor is often not received/handled well by Homey so it simply wouldn't work.

Some options for this particular case are:
    - Realign the sensor so it doesn't get triggered by these situations
    - Do not select these sensors in Heimdall but let them add/substract in a variable and use that to trigger the alarm, but I'm afraid you'll run into the mentioned problems.

• rickprickp Member

@vaderag A new sensor should be picked up at adding it to Homey, did the reboot fix it or was it the scrolling as @Eternity suggested?

I recently had to remove/re-add some sensors, and added some new ones and Heimdall only picked them up after i rebooted the app. They did not show up in the list, also not by scrolling down. After the reboot and scrolling down they appear as I espected. 

I also recently installed a homey/heimdall for a friend and had the same situation. 
  • @hvdmeeren Thanks! Changed it, there's already an update pending approval so will be included after that one.

The reboot :)
  • @rickp @vaderag Thanks, I will look into that. Heimdall should (or at least did) see added devices without the need of a reboot.
This discussion has been closed.