This is the forum archive of Homey. For more information about Homey, visit the Official Homey website.

The Homey Community has been moved to https://community.athom.com.

This forum is now read-only for archive purposes.

[PUBLISHED] Harmony Hub App (v1.0.4)

Comments

• paulus said:
    solved :-) ptp can do wonders
    Good to hear!
  • EternityEternity Member
    edited January 2017
    My flows with hub also stopped working after the update.

Before the update, I
    Removed the Harmony App
    Installed the new App
    Connected to Hub
    Rebuilt the broken flows. 

No errors or red triangle, but the flows don't work anymore. 
  • After trying several times like uninstall , install, ptp it finally works
    did a reboot upside down keep all setting reconnected to wifi , reinstall and then 3 times ptp  use chrome for selecting command it works.

Now i am happy  :-)
  • Ronald said:
    After trying several times like uninstall , install, ptp it finally works
    did a reboot upside down keep all setting reconnected to wifi , reinstall and then 3 times ptp  use chrome for selecting command it works.

That doesn't sound like a solid solution at all. Glad it works for you now, but honestly this is kind of silly. I don't see you've removed and readded the hub from devices. Is that correct?
  • brinkie said:
    Ronald said:

That doesn't sound like a solid solution at all. Glad it works for you now, but honestly this is kind of silly. I don't see you've removed and readded the hub from devices. Is that correct?
    brinkie said:
    Ronald said:

Did remove the hub several times
    last time I removed hub and give the reboot/upside down after that I reinstalled the hub and pro again two times.
  • For me the following steps worked:
    - Remove hub as device
    - uninstall the app (this removes all device settings)
    - install the app
    - add the hub
  • For me the following steps worked:
    - Remove hub as device
    - install the app
    - add the hub
    That makes sense!
  • Could it be that the issue where the app crashes is caused by the app not being able to reach the hub? I power down all my AV equipment over night, so the Hub is not online. This morning the app had crashed again with the following stacktrace.

Error: read ECONNRESET
    at exports._errnoException (util.js:907:11)
    at TCP.onread (net.js:557:26)

Exit code: 1
    Exit signal: null
  • Phuturist said:
    Could it be that the issue where the app crashes is caused by the app not being able to reach the hub? I power down all my AV equipment over night, so the Hub is not online. This morning the app had crashed again with the following stacktrace.

Currently there is limited connection management in the app. If the connection to the hub would be lost for some reason after app start, the app is not able to recover from this. This could result in an error. ECONNRESET seems logical.

The next thing on my list is to make the connection handling more robust.

• brinkie said:
    Phuturist said:
    Could it be that the issue where the app crashes is caused by the app not being able to reach the hub? I power down all my AV equipment over night, so the Hub is not online. This morning the app had crashed again with the following stacktrace.

Currently there is limited connection management in the app. If the connection to the hub would be lost for some reason after app start, the app is not able to recover from this. This could result in an error. ECONNRESET seems logical.

Sounds logical, it just crashed again during daytime while the hub was powered on. So it is not (completely) related to the hub being powered on or not. Goodluck fixing it ... :+1:
  • Phuturist said:
    brinkie said:
    Phuturist said:

Sounds logical, it just crashed again during daytime while the hub was powered on. So it is not (completely) related to the hub being powered on or not. Goodluck fixing it ... :+1:
    Connections tend to timeout, so it could also happen when the connection between Homey and the hub is not used for a while. I have no idea how long this timeout would be, but it's a common principle.
  • brinkie said:
    Phuturist said:
    brinkie said:
    Phuturist said:

Connections tend to timeout, so it could also happen when the connection between Homey and the hub is not used for a while. I have no idea how long this timeout would be, but it's a common principle.
    I can;t get this app to works stable at all, each day i have to reinstall it and reintigrade it into my flows.

Maybe you could take a look at the harmony app for vera edge, this app does the same for vera as your app for homey. The vera app is very stable and actually seldom to never crashes or give any connection problems. 
    Maybe you could take a look at there code how they solved it?  https://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=8066
    http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,36437.0.html  (here is also a link to git for the source code)

• B3rt said:
    I can;t get this app to works stable at all, each day i have to reinstall it and reintigrade it into my flows.

Maybe you could take a look at the harmony app for vera edge, this app does the same for vera as your app for homey. The vera app is very stable and actually seldom to never crashes or give any connection problems. 
    Maybe you could take a look at there code how they solved it?  https://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=8066
    http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,36437.0.html  (here is also a link to git for the source code)

Reinstall the app? Are you sure this is needed? Restarting the app would make more sense. This would resolve the issue if the connection to the hub would be lost somehow.

• if i disable and enbale it again the flows still do not work.

When i then try to add the device into a flow and type an activity i get no activity list, this results that my flows are incorrect and cannot be saved. When i reinstall the app and i start to type the activity to start i get the activity list from the hub to choose from.

The strange thing is i have to do this each day, on my old vera unit (also harmony app installed) this never happens. At the moment i simply cannot use this app because the newt day the flows which uses the harmony hub are defected or the flow is not executed or the command is not given etc..
  • Hi all, 

Thanks for the great app / connection to the hub. I believe it is a great addition / improvement to Homey. 

The question I have, and haven't found a solution for - would it be possible to trigger a flow from the harmony hub?

(I know I could use Homey's app or 'speech recognition', but I would rather use it as a controller, push a button and start using it.) 
  • For me, this app has been working well for a long time... up until ~4 days ago. I got a message that the app had been automatically been updated to 1.0.0, and ever since then, the app doesn't work anymore. I deleted my device, uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, added the device again, but it doesn't make a difference. Whenever I trigger a harmony flow (such as turning on the 'TV'), Homey appears to execute the flow, but the Harmony hub doesn't do anything... regardless which flow I trigger, it doesn't appear to arrive at the hub anymore. Any ideas what could be going wrong here?

• EternityEternity Member
    edited January 2017
    @Bumblez
    Unfortunately I have exactly the same. It worked great, now it doesn't. 

@brinkie ;
    Great App! Hope you get it solved! 
  • Some people may find this strange, but for me the app runs perfectly day after day. 

From the comments I read here, on Slack and in the app thread in the app store I'd almost think I'm the only one. 

I do know that if the connection to the hub would be lost for some reason, the app currently can't recover from that. I'm currently investigating the options to solve this and am hopeful I'll be able to solve this soon. For now an app restart solves this.

I'd like to hear from others on their experiences with the 1.0.0 update. Mainly I'm looking for positive feedback. 

I'm asking because I'm seriously considering reverting the appstore version to the pre-1.0.0 code, at least until the connection issues have been resolved.

Please let me know what you think about downgrading the app code!
  • Goodmorning, for me the app has not crashed in a couple of days and works fine for now. But i think for the user who have more problems reverting to the pre-1.0.0 code is a good idea, then you can take your time on fixing the connection issue in the right way.
  • @brinkie, you're not alone, it has been running fine here for days also. 
  • Same for me. Previous versions crashed around every day or so. This new version 1.0.0 is far more stable..at least for me. 
  • Same here, no problems after update 1.0.0. 

Thanks @brinkie
  • @brinkie I had two or three crashes (but I think most of them are because powerdown router and power down whole house)

For me there is no reason to go back, still my number 1 homey app! keep up the good work.
    I did a full reset with wipe all data (not for harmony app) and installed harmony app afterwards

After the crashes I did a disable --> enable off the app and then it's working again

• For me it crashes on a daily basis but I dont think reverting back to an older version in the app store is the way to go seeying other people not having issues. I'm thinking of reverting back to an older version through local installation of a Github version though.
  • Hi there, since the update the Harmony app crashes every day. Is there any way to make this app stable?
  • OpenMind_NLOpenMind_NL Member
    edited January 2017
    brinkie said:
    Some people may find this strange, but for me the app runs perfectly day after day. 

From the comments I read here, on Slack and in the app thread in the app store I'd almost think I'm the only one.
    You are not alone! Your app seems to work fine here. I didn't use it in an extensive way yet but I am really able to watch TV or listen to the radio when I say 'OK Homey, TV Kijken' or 'OK Homey, Radio luisteren'. So the Activities seem to work fine.
    Concerning the individual commands... I could not set them  in the official Homey Manager (they just don't show), but it works exactly as it should in the Google Chrome browser. I use it to mute/unmute my TV and AV-receiver when Homey listens/stops listening, and it works as it should.

My laptop is on my 5 GHz WiFi while Homey and Harmony contact the 2.4 GHz WiFi, so having different accesspoints doesn't seem to be a problem either.
  • Ok, so I added some connection recovery code to the app tonight. In the process I also updated all project references.

I would love to get a lot of feedback on this version, both from people that have a working app right now as well as from people suffering from app crashes. For me the app was able to recover from a PTP (pull-the-plug) of the Hub, so this should help some people, hopefully.

Version 1.0.1 with the above changes can now be found on GitHub (master branch).

•  will try 1.0.1 now 1 sec....
  • @brinkie do you want me to just install, delete or ..............

This list?????

For me the following steps worked:
    - Remove hub as device
    - install the app
    - add the hub
  • Install went fine followed above steps will report tomorrow time to have some sleep now